[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help! I'm a girl and just messaged my male friend >do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 620x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 620x448
Help! I'm a girl and just messaged my male friend
>do you think you could ever fall in love with me?

He read my message but didn't reply....
>>
What did you expect?
>>
>>16455080
That he would answer...
>>
Pretty unfair thing to ask and unfair of you to put him in that situation on the spot.
>>
This means no
>>
>>16455139
At least he isn't into her at the moment.
>>
>>16455115
Yeah, but what did you try to achieve with that message? I assume this was your way of telling him you want to be more than friends? And he probably only sees you as a friend. Now he's in a pretty hard place. I would need time to think of an answer too
>>
He values your friendship. You put him on the spot and now he's questioning whether he wants to be in a committed relationship with you or not be friends at all.
Kinda like holding the friendship at gunpoint and telling him to choose.
>>
either you're ugly, he is a faggot nor he is completely oblivious of how to answer to that

if some girl would tell something like that to me just like that, i would tell her to fuck uff

NEEDY
>>
>>16455115
What answer exactly and what led you to think that answer was going to happen
>>
>>16455150
^This
Guys do this a lot to but iys a great way to lose a friendahip. You gotta work up slowly. Like gigglin at his jokes making an effort to be close to him and then at somepoint TELLING HIM IN PERSON thatyu have feelings for him and you were wondering if he had feelings for you. If he doesnt you gotta be okay with going back to the way things were, if he does you got a bf congrates!
>>
>>16455075
Maybe he's thinking.
>>
>>16455277
why wouldn't it happen? and I don't know what would he answer, but hopefully whatever it would be, he would answer with honesty

>>16455222
really you don't have to be so mean...
>>
>>16455336
Jesus christ, why wouldn't it happen? If a girl said that to me with no context I would run. If we already had no history together and had never dated or fucked and she said that I would run. If you were over 18 and said that I would run. Unless you and this man have a romantic bond already then you have just fucked your friendship with him permanently.
>>
>>16455341
well that's maybe your opinion, not everybody is you though....
>>
File: Bear-Hug-.jpg (101 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bear-Hug-.jpg
101 KB, 1024x768
>>16455075

He thinks you're asking him to date. It's hard to say, but he probably doesn't want to and can't find a nice way to say it.

Sorry.
>>
Feelings are best shown, not spoken. You might as well have told him that you have to poop. He would be in an equally uncomfortable position with no ability nor desire to do anything with that information.
>>
>>16455342
How long have you known your friend for? How did you meet? Any reason why you would think he likes you back?
>>
>>16455342
Yeah, it is my opinion and only that because you've given us no information, no facts and no context. So what more do you expect me to magically divine about your life? I'm not a fortune teller. You're asking for a male perspective and I've given you one, if you want more help give more info.
>>
guys don't like needy girls unless they are attractive. Then neediness becomes flirting.
>>
>>16455075

That's kind of a crazy question to send a guy. It sounds like some kind of test. Girls often "test" guys with shit like this. Even if he does like you, there's no good way to respond to that, especially when it's just a message.

Generally, conversations like this should happen face-to-face. If I got a message like that, even if I liked the girl, I would have no idea how to respond
>>
>>16455075
When grills say shit like that I assume its some sort of trap.
>>
>>16455398
>>16455582

well we met during classes at the university. We became friends and were friends for two years... sometimes I feel like he's flirting with me or likes me more than a friend but I don't know..

>>16455612
well i can't see him in real life so it had to be online

>>16455627
it's not a trap, I'm just curious...
>>
>>16455075
girl here
why the fuck would you send that
if you got vibes that he was attracted to you and you were attracted to him just let things run their course, that's part of the fun of relationships.
If he's just your friend and hasn't expressed romantic interest in you then you're misleading him by pretending to be his friend when you want more. You could have just been like hey, I really like you and I was wondering how you felt about me?
"Fall in love with me"? Holy shit the autism
>>
>>16455075
Idk what the big deal is here honestly...

As a guy who has had at least one girl do this I just answered honestly: I have no idea. I will be sure to let you know if it ever happens.

Doesnt seem so difficult but I guess to you mortals love is a big mysterious thing still. Pft. LOSERS
>>
>>16455075
Maybe instead of putting him in a tough spot like that, you start talking to him in a flirty way, dress nicer for him, start touching him, be around him more often but no to much, that you annoy him. Tell him to go to a restaurant together. Give him something to work with instead of expecting him to straight up fly into a serious relationship. Thats really selfish of you. You fucked up big time.
>>
>>16455075
this is the female equivalent of creeper maneuvers
you dun goof'd, op
>>
>>16455699
>2 years
>online only
>can't tell if flirting

You're fishing in a puddle, if you haven't had some certainty by now it's not gonna come by you putting him between a rock and a hard place. Love isn't a yes or no question anyway, it's a fluid and adaptable and depends on many precarious factors. Leave the guy alone.
>>
>>16455916
we don't know each other only online... i know him in real life but can't see him now....
>>
maybe he's at work or just busy? if a guys busy and gets a text like that he usually waits till he has time for a thought out response.

stop freaking out, god
>>
>>16455075

you need to do some damage control. here's a suggestion:

"You don't have to answer that if you don't want to" and "I'm happy with the way things are now, just enjoying having a close friend to talk to"

don't cancel it, just roll it back from sounding like a desperate ultimatum
>>
You messed up.

If a guy isn't showing obvious interest in you it's as plain and simple as that, trying to force it out of them is going to make them bail.
>>
>>16456513
I'm sorry sweetheart but nearly everybody on this board thinks it was not a good idea. Come to us before you do something like that next time. For now just pretend it never happened and get on with your life.
>>
>>16456929
>If a guy isn't showing obvious interest in you it's as plain and simple as that
And people wonder why girls don't make the first move.
>>
>>16456936
Because society doesn't require or expect them to?

All you've got to do is not be fat or particularly unattractive and basically any average guy will start lining up to get into those pants.
>>
>>16456965
what if you are ugly or fat? these people exist too
>>
>>16456968
Like any other fat or ugly person they would have to work extra hard and at the end of the day most likely have to lower their standards.

It ain't fair, but them's the breaks. At least fat people have the option of getting their shit together. Having money will also make up for most personal faults.
>>
OP creeped the guy out, obviously
>>
>>16456965
Girls can approach guys but they should be more subtle
>>
>>16455845
this rly
man up and tell the truth, only proper way.
>>
>>16455336
>why wouldn't it happen?

Just imagine if it some random guy asked you that instead. It should help you understand.

It's a stupid question where you have two options: ruin your friendship, or devastate the other person's heart
>>
>>16455075
Maybe he just doesn't know how to answer. Different people have different notions of love and answering that question may unsettle an unfortunate chain of misunderstandings.

Who knows what he's feeling right now, in your situation only time will tell.
>>
I think you should leave me alone. That guy certainly thought you were a good friend, but you blew it and made it awkward.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.