[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TL;DR I keep having problems for waking up in the morning For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1446085920710.jpg (34 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1446085920710.jpg
34 KB, 400x325
TL;DR I keep having problems for waking up in the morning

For weeks I've been sleeping between 12:00AM-01:00AM to wake up at 8:00AM and be more productive with my day. The problem is that I always wake up past 11:00AM.

I've tried so many things, but my brain won't just comprehend.
>Put many, many alarms; one each 10 minutes
I just hit snooze every time.
>Put the alarm far away from the bed
I hit snooze, then go back to bed.
>Put math puzzles on my phone alarm
All you have to do to turn off the alarm is keep pushing buttons on the phone, so sleepy me just does that everytime.

Today I woke up at 01:30PM, skipping 3 classes so I'm now looking for some advice. Please help.
>>
Sleep earlier dimwit
>>
File: 1443159274149.jpg (32 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
1443159274149.jpg
32 KB, 300x310
>>16449931
>implying that will make a difference
OP is a faggot who doesn't have self control. It's that simple.
>>
Light from computer and phone makes your brain think it's midday = harder to get a full and proper sleep.

Are you eating healthy? Bad diet can fuck your sleep up- coke before bed (drug or soda) is not a good idea. No caffeine after 3pm.

Are you feeling stressed or sad? If you are not relaxing and taking care of yourself, you can have problematic and not nice sleep- nightmares too. Take time to relax and look after yourself.

Are you not tired enough? Sometimes we need to be 'more tired' to get 'more sleep', so things like running during the day can aid you sleeping. As a lot of people spend a lot of time doing mentally draining tasks, the body is often left behind and a bit too energetic.
>>
>>16449938

This. OP just doesn't want to get up.

My suggestion would be to go to bed earlier in the evening, and I usually achieve being tired sooner by waking up earlier than normal and dragging through one day tired, then crashing earlier in the evening (10-11 PM) and waking up earlier because my body won't want to sleep more than eight to nine hours.
>>
>>16449931
>>16449938
>>16449947
You faggots have no idea what sleep issues are like. OP doesn't sound like he has it bad, but as someone who does, you can fuck right off with your, "Just go to bed, duh!" bullshit. Congrats, you'll probably get a nobel prize for medicine for solving sleep issues.

OP, if you can't fix your sleep schedule, then the solution to your problem is don't sign up for morning classes and make your nights more productive. There is no reason you can't be as productive at 2am as you would be at 10am.

If you absolutely have to get up by a certain time, then you're going to have to listen to >>16449939. Also employ other methods to wake you up. Regular exercise is great. And don't give up on a method because it doesn't work on night 1 or night 7. Most advice requires several weeks (anywhere from 3 to 7 weeks) to work effectively. Get an alarm clock for deaf people or some other drastic measure. Electric shocks, I don't care. You can't just rely on your phone. Get one of those obnoxious alarms on the other side of your room.
>>
>>16449931
>>16449947
Like I said in the OP, I sleep between 12AM-1AM to wake up at 8AM, which is around 8 hours of sleep and thats more than enough. Instead, I end up sleeping around 11 hours per day, mostly because of >>16449938

>>16449939
>Light from computer and phone makes your brain think it's midday
My room is always pitch black when I go to sleep.

>Are you eating healthy?
I have a normal student diet, thankfully enough I eat enough meat, salad and lots of water. I never drink soda or coffee before bed. My problem isn't bad sleep, I sleep like a baby, I just sleep way too much.

>Are you feeling stressed or sad?
I'm alright as far as I'm concerned. Zero nightmares.

>Are you not tired enough?
I always fall asleep like 5-10 minutes after going to bed, so yeah.
>>
>>16449969
I know myself so I set up my classes to start at 12:00PM everyday. But still, I would like to wake up earlier.
I sleep everyday at 12:00AM and wake up at 11:00AM, making my every day last 13 hours at best, which is terrible.
>>
File: 1432750747333.png (549 KB, 1450x330) Image search: [Google]
1432750747333.png
549 KB, 1450x330
>>16449969
>sleep issues
I've ran on 2 hours of sleep before and still get up. Is it hard to get up? Yes, it is. But that doesn't stop me from getting up to go work. Sleep isn't the problem here. OP having no self control is.
>>
>>16449985
Nice advice right there, pal.
>>
>>16449985
>Is it hard to get up? Yes, it is.
Not Op but I have the same problem he does, it's not that simple. My only way of waking up instead of sleeping 9+ hours is using an alarm clock, but recently I've discovered that I'm either unplugging or turning off my clock in the morning without remembering anything. It's a colossal pain in the ass.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.