[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have tips for how to get rid of social anxiety and awkwardness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80 KB, 500x421
Anyone have tips for how to get rid of social anxiety and awkwardness quickly (within a couple months)? I'm not a total beta. I have tons of friends and people like being around me, but I struggle with women and I constantly have a feeling of awkwardness and anxiety in everything I do. I have literally no reason to be awkward. I'm decent looking, I'm top of my class, I have a great personality. I just have no confidence in social situations. Please help
>>
You fat by any chance?
Do you have a shitty taste in clothes?
>>
>>16449632
Fit as fuck. Stylish as fuck
>>
Im on my phone, but give this one dude giving a tedtalk a chance at how he defeated his social anxiety.

He said that laying down on the floor of a crowded area for 30 seconds worked wonders for him. Google it
>>
>>16449629
I asked the same question, but all they'll say is "Go out there and talk to them."

From one person who knows what you mean, fuck it.

I really have no idea how to help you. You can probably spark up a conversation no problem in the beginning.

You can make them laugh, smile, and then you notice those subtle hints they give. But then you run out of things to say, but they aren't done. They want to keep on talking when all you want to do now is recluse yourself back into your room, but with them instead.

I just don't know man.

The best I can say is, make yourself a great investment. Learn a type of trade, like a plumber, electrician, pilot, whatever. Then continue to live life, because trust me, no one has the answer to this.

You yourself have to be the change and it's damn hard. Damn hard.
>>
>>16449640
In addition, Simple pickup has this game where if you are asked to approach a girl and you pussy out, you must perform 10 push ups in front of everybody. AND you still gotta approach her after your push ups.

You need a good wingman to hold you to this tho
>>
>>16449641
There has to be some way to get rid of anxiety. There is no way I can go my whole life with social issues. I'm just going to keep trying until something clicks
>>
>>16449646
That's a unique idea. I'll have to give it a try. I have a fun group of friends who would definitely force me to do stuff like that.
>>
>>16449666
I wish you the best of luck man. I really do.
>>
>>16449629
>I have tons of friends and people like being around me, but I struggle with women and I constantly have a feeling of awkwardness and anxiety in everything I do. I have literally no reason to be awkward. I'm decent looking, I'm top of my class, I have a great personality. I just have no confidence in social situations.
>I constantly have a feeling of awkwardness and anxiety
Exactly the same for me. Even when I'm acting completely normal and no one suspects anything wrong, I still feel awkward at myself inside.

I think it's just who we are biologically and the only way around it is antianxiety medication. If there's nothing else wrong with you but anxiety what can therapy do? I've had this anxiety as long as I've lived it just takes different shapes.

Have any of you ever tried xanax?
>>
>>16449629
Is it more in meeting people, or talking to them in general. Either way, a lot of introspection helps. Get to know yourself incredibly well, so when you find yourself in an awkward situation you know how you got yourself into it, and thus hopefully get yourself out of it. If nothing else, you won't feel as weird about why you did/said a certain thing.
Plus it'll help you know what questions to ask others to get to know them, though maybe not as directly as you would yourself.
>>
>>16449682
No, but I'll certainly try if it will help. I've haven't experimented much with drugs. Would I go to my doctor for that or do I acquire it illegally?
>>
>>16449683
Mainly, one on one conversations is my problem. I never know what to say and I panic. I then become self aware of my panicking and think that the other person sees I'm panicking which causes me to do so more
>>
>>16449629

wait... so if something takes a yera instead of a couple of months, you'd rather just be beta for life than take one year to fix it?
>>
>>16449705
They can be difficult. When you start getting to know someone it helps to have a mutual friend present. If that's not an option, try to ask them certain things and make links between topics
And remember, it's okay to talk about yourself a little bit, and breaks in conversation are not a bad thing.
>>
>>16449629
I was like that. This will sound very weird, but it helped me. I struggled a lot with girls too, but had a lot of friends, i wasn´t a loser. Actually, my friends were the "cool guys" in high school. One day i went to help my uncle to kill some cows. I hated every second, cause i don´t like to see animals suffering. But it was shocking how the cows were running in the grass, and in a second, they were bleeding to death. I had to take out the organs too. Then i had a kinda "sick" thought. Every living creature is just a bag of blood and meat. Nothing more, nothing less. Since that day my social anxiety ended. Girls, are just girls. Blood, hair, organs. When i start to get nervous with a pretty girl, i just start to see her that. I know it is kinda sick to see girls like that, but it helped me to put them out of my mental pedestal. They don´t pee rainbows, or smell like flowers. They shit, they stink too, and bleed. They are mammals.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.