[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is every girl saying they like beards now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
I can't count how many fb posts about how sexy beards are or tinder profiles saying they want a guy with a beard. Is facial hair really that attractive, or is this just a trend? I don't think it is and I think girls really mean they want a 10/10 with a beard like this pic.
>>
Women screaming for manly men, or women wanting little hipster pricks.

And your picture is not a beard. It's some homo with facial hair. There's a difference. I have a beard. He has pubic hair on his face.

Also women love older men and beards make you look older than you are.
>>
the aesthetic of a beard can be nice, but when it's actually go time and you're going down on a girl, it's fucking awful. Forget pash rash, it's fucking carpet burn. I prefer clean shaven any day.
>>
>>16447602
beards are manly and thus attractive for womyn,
BUT they were worn by too many ugly dirty men in the past and thus were seen as dirty
NOW handsome men are sporting beards everywhere because it's hip
so now they're no longer associated with greasy hobo's but still seen as manly...
untill every ugly fedora starts sporting beards and hip guys shave again.
>>
>>16447930
So it's gonna be a cycle?
>>
>>16447602
This is literally just something that's happened in the past 2 years. Because I remember when girls were saying they HATED beards and facial hair most of the time.

I think it's a combination of people being sick of the sissification of western society.

And ironically hipsters becoming popular.

Maybe having men caring enough to groom them to look nice is another part of it.

But I remember when not having a clean shaven face was almost on the same level as not having a car, you were looked at as a vagabond. And still are by a lot of people.

I also think you're still looking too much into this whole thing op, get over it.
>>
>>16447932
probably, yes.
Just like metrosexuality, that goes in cycles as well.
>>
Beards, tattoos and piercings. It seems most women want men to have all three.

Shame that I can't grow a beard and have no interest in scribbling on my body putting holes in it to gain the approval from women.
>>
It's a fashion thing.

To my layman's eye, it seems that there are two cycles going im fashion: the "fast cycle" and the "slow cycle". The fast cycle is the one we usually think of as "fashion": the kind you see on the runways of Paris, Milan, and the like. But a slow cycle also exists, dealing with the fundamentals: its existence is why you can tell historical reenactors apart from people in "normal" dress.

Beards (and/or shaving) are a slow-cycle thing in some cultures. Nowadays these cultures are usually tied to religion, but not always: for men to be clean-shaven was a slow-cycle thing in ancient Rome. But in modern secular Western culture, it is a fast-cycle phenomenon. And that is what's going on right now: a resurgence in beards as the latest style. I do not anticipate that it will last very long.
>>
>>16447935
But they look like sissies with beards, i mean look at OP's pic, i can picture him taking the d deep inside everyday.

>>16447602
It's a trend, women like men to be trendy like any other accessory they use, it's a superfluous thing, tiny dogs, funny cat pictures, hipsterish men, chanel perfume.
Some women think that if they're not trendy and everything surrounding them is not trendy, then they're not important, thus they need everything to be the same, including their men.
And men want pussy, and thus they do it for them
>>
>>16447900
My beard is very smooth unless i shave like a few days before. This has never been a problem
>>
>>16447602
>why is every girl saying they like beards now?

they aren't

beards moostaches are hipster b.s. for young people and just plain creepy for old farts
>>
File: 1440515448962.jpg (123 KB, 780x690) Image search: [Google]
1440515448962.jpg
123 KB, 780x690
The trend of shaving is waning and the natty look is coming back into style. Simple. Also beards give a man the look that he is sexually mature and has good amount of testosterone.

Essentially makes men look more manly.

The only men who complain are the one who can't grow a nice beard. When you have a beard all you have to do is trim it a bit and wash it when you wash your face, easy.
>>
Well-maintained beards are hot, as are manly men. I do think that part of it is that they give off the illusion of a more powerful jawline, though. Kind of like how a girl wearing sunglasses might be extra hot until she takes them off. Our imagination fills in the blanks in a flattering way.
>>
How the hell do you maintain a curly beard? I can't trim mine without leaving bald patches everywhere.
>>
>>16448443

allah is a myth

islam is a pile of shite

mohamhead was a murdering pedophile

go back to your mosque and suck imam penis
>>
>>16447900
Seriously? My guy has a nice, huge beard and at most, it just tickles. The few times he's shaved, now that's fucking painful.
>>
I don't want my guy to have any hair apart from that ontop his head, and even that one's optional... beards are disgusting. >>16447943 and so are piercings.
>>16448077
Nothing's worse than an insufferable effeminate guy. If anything I'll dress him up, lol.
>>
Looks good on some men.

Some women are main stream some are not.

Just a gender role....as in the want to show what kind of man they are dating :p

Some are pussy ya know
>>
>>16448446
this is true, the beard itself changes the shape of the jawline but also how it has this W-shape under the mouth, which is very pronounced in OP's pic gives the illusion of a strong wide jaw.

beards have been present troughout history, as well as shaven faces, the appeal of no-beard i would think lays in a clean and youthfull appearance and perhaps a sign of status because barbers are expensive and gillette has only been there for a few decades.

>>16448077
well, they don't do it consciously as you seem to imply. the grils honestly believe they persue what they've always wanted.

>>16448456
bald patches are a common thing, how old are you?
mine did not become full enough untill I was 22
what works for me is trimming it with hairclippers in the shortest setting, untill all the hairs are the same length. It's better to have a pronounced homogenous milimetre beard than a long thin one.
>>
>>16447602
Beards are used to hide weak jawlines. End of story.
>>
just a quick ad-hoc hypothesis on cycles here, I was just thinking, could it have something to do with demographic cycles? as now the grandchildren of babyboomers are slowly getting sexually mature, young adults have to differentiate themselves as being more mature than those kids.

or perhaps it's because generation snowflake has reached quarterlife crisis and is looking for a way to be different, found the beard and has shown that it is not just for greasy hobos...

or because the parents of the current generation of tweens are smoothskinned bussinesspeople of the 80's and 90s... .who were in their place rebelling against the hairy hippies of the 60/70s, who were in their place....
>>
>>16448527
true, but not end of story!
If that was the end of story beards would've been popular all the time, but something must have caused the currend trend, or the previous trend to go bald.
>>
I've always been proud of my no beard genetics. Easier to shave. I can still grow a wicked mustache and soul patch but the pedos ruined it. Fuck these sissies hiding their ugly faces behind pubes. At least mustaches can be aesthetic.

These ridiculous beards all started with those gay San Francisco Giants players.
>>
>>16447930

so much this. it became the only sense of pride for ugly men, and other men did nothing but perpetuate it by being like 'LOL NICE BEARD MANLINESS LOLOLOL'

it was pretty bad and still happens, even here on 4chan when soemone posts a pic of their beard. even if they are an ugly fat mother fucker, as long as he can grow his facial hair out he will get praise from other men, but definitely not women
>>
>>16448561
The best part is because they delude each other into being proud of their beards they never realize how disgusting they are which provides us quality entertainment when they post their bitter virgin neckbeard rants
>>
>>16448077
>i can picture him taking the d deep inside everyday
you are so gay
>>
They're just in fashion right now.

That having been said, of course they fawn over attractive guys. If a particular women's hairstyle was in fashion I'd still care for an attractive woman wearing that style.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.