[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP WITH GORE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: th.jpg (6 KB, 156x154) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6 KB, 156x154
In a few months, I will have my emt-b license. I know this may seem weird, but I’m kind of nervous for the gore part of the job.
>why are you getting an emt license if you cant deal with gore?
The thing is, I have no problem seeing fucked up pictures online, but I’m kind of nervous to see up close and personal. Anyone else in my/has been in my situation?
>>
>>16447060
My brother is an emt and from what I hear, there aren't as many gory cases. Maybe he hasn't told me about them though
>>
>>16447073
I live in Chicago and will be working for CFD and a local hospital to get hours. Friend said he has gotten a few traumas already.
>>
File: cielblue.jpg (32 KB, 336x504) Image search: [Google]
cielblue.jpg
32 KB, 336x504
>>16447060
hi friend. i work in healthcare too.

when the time comes, i don't think you'll be as freaked out as you think. in the work setting people kind of take on the professional role. you will too, i bet. i mean everyone seems to.

you'll see the gore and will be all business. don't worry so hard.
>>
I've seen some trauma done to the human body many times.

The only bad thing sometimes is the smell.

If the look of a broken body bothers you, just think of them as a broken doll or toy. It's all really similar. Just something that needs fixing.

That helped me get over seeing open fractures/crushed hands and shit.
>>
for the smells, get some carmex. apply it under the nose.
>>
>>16447266
(not OP)
>If the look of a broken body bothers you, just think of them as a broken doll or toy. It's all really similar. Just something that needs fixing.
huh, I've never thought of it that way.
>>
>>16447060
W
o
a
h...
i went through the same thing starting out being an emt so did my sis and mom. it goes away the first week, truuuust me!!!!!!!!!11
>>
>>16447406
Sarcasm?
>>
>>16447339
OP here. Any reasoning behind the carmax? That's very interesting.
>>
>>16447266
What does it smell like?
>>
>>16447500
probably because it smells like fucking mint and not piss?
>>
Dmn i shouldnt drop the class....

Emt-b sounds harder than the emergency deprtment.

Op i think youll be alright,just deal with it. Also emt-b has many career opputunities!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.