[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of breaking up with my gf, basically because she is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 12__rhsgm.jpg (356 KB, 1014x942) Image search: [Google]
12__rhsgm.jpg
356 KB, 1014x942
Thinking of breaking up with my gf, basically because she is a bit dull. She's incredibly sweet, attractive, and has other qualities I like, but doesn't stimulate my mind at all. She doesn't say anything that surprises me or makes me think about things differently, doesn't do anything creative or self-directed. What I am unsure of, since she is the only gf I've ever had, is if I am looking for the wrong things for a long term partner. I'm not some self claimed fedora wearing genius I just wonder if I am missing out on something important or if I should find that with other relationships.
>>
do what you want mate, someone will love her for who she is.
If you don't like her personality, you should break up and find someone who match better with you.
>>
>>16446432
>She doesn't say anything that surprises me or makes me think about things differently,
so you want a manic pixie dream girl?
>>
>>16446447
I dont know what that means. I'm simply inexperienced in relationships and second guessing it.
>>
>>16446432
I think you should reevaluate what is important in life, what you need out of a partner, what's to be expected out of a relationship.

failing that, how likely is it that you'll be able to get another girlfriend? is it pretty likely? if so, you can stand to let a good thing go. if not, hold onto that shit. perhaps ask some very close friends to give you an honest appraisal at your chances in the dating market.

the art of life, is in part, learning to alter your expectations. you can have what you want if you want what you have. good luck!
>>
File: 1290592699623.jpg (145 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1290592699623.jpg
145 KB, 500x500
Maybe you're just projecting you own boring inner world onto her. Maybe you're the boring one, ever thought about that?
>>
Life is way too short to waste in relationships that are boring just to play it safe. You can find a safe girl again when you're 35 if necessary. For now, get out there. This is your chance to live, your chance to meet whatever it is you're thinking your missing. Or to learn that whatever you want is stupid and that you want a safe girl. But when you find that safe girl after that you'll be infinitely more happy than you will be sitting on your ass being bored with this girl now.
>>
>>16446455
lmgtfy.com/?q=manic+pixie+dream+girl
>>
>>16446432
I have a couple of things to say to you about that. Don't take them as a supreme truth, of course, just think about them a little bit.

1-Is she a good partner in life? Does she get your back whenever you need her to?

2-Is she fun? Do you like spending time with her? (Not just sex)

3-Does she likes/loves the way you are? Does the thought of her encourages you to give your very best?

4-1), 2) & 3) applied to you from her point of view.

Maybe that gives you a new point of view.

Cheers!
>>
>>16446466
This is basically my dilemma. I have an inkling that some stuff that I desire is probably not that critical in the long run, and maybe I'd regret it big time. But the only way to know for sure is to try, otherwise just to pretend like I knew it all a long and torture myself with wondering about it
>>
>>16446464
Yes I've thought about that deeply
>>
>>16446464
This
>>
>>16446541

If you regret it later at least it will be a more educated regret than your current regret. You sitting on your hands and getting more dissatisfied will just cause you to fuck up more serious shit.
>>
I was in your situation in high school. I bailed because while at first I thought she was just distant, I later found out that she really didn't have much to say. She told some strange lies too, but none that were really personal, you know what I mean? Overall, I bailed just because she just didn't click for me after a few months of trials. That was high school though.

If she plays a big support role in your life, I would be a little hesitant to bail. If she's part of your "home", you should reconsider why you're feeling the way you do.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.