[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has attempted suicide and survived? What did you try,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1446656350246.jpg (45 KB, 348x400) Image search: [Google]
1446656350246.jpg
45 KB, 348x400
Who here has attempted suicide and survived?

What did you try, and how was the experience?
>>
Not really but as close as i got was:

>Strangled myself a bit with a cat-5 cable i had made a snare out of.

>Took lots of sleeping pills..and other pills. Generally raided my medicine box.

Woke up the next day and my phone was next to me. The glass was broken and i had texted a bunch of people "asdf", and apparently thrown it into a wall afterwards.
>>
>>16445903
why did you stop though?
>>
>>16445934
Life sorta got better.
I also got prescribed pills against anxiety instead of anti-depressives.
>>
my friend just tried and succeeded. shit sucks.
>>
>>16445995
Actually my cousin just tried and succeeded.
His funeral is next week.

It's pahatetic my entiere family consists of depressed lunatics, me included.

Especially the guys seem to have some kind of problem. They all become social rejects.
>>
>>16446008
that it a sign to move out, see the world, get into art, etc.
>>
>>16446008
Social rejects nurturing kids to become social rejects. Depression can certainly last generations and be passed down, no? Could be talking out of my ass, though.
>>
>>16446014
We are all the product of our environment.
Some of the effects of that depression will stick with you, to different extents depending on situation.
>>
I tried killing myself when my gf told me she'd cheated on me one night when i was 19. I ran out of the house over the ledge of a nearby cliff and into the water,and swam out blubbering and crying about half a mile. Her younger sister had jumped in after me and pulled my body to shore where the paramedics were. I was revived and lied saying I went for a swim when they brought me to the hospital.

Afterwards I realized she wasn't worth killing myself over if she was a scumbag and we broke up. I went to work up north in the mines because although I couldn't care enough about her to kill myself I didn't care about life enough to mind what happened to me. Now I have a better life after a few years: a better job, I go traveling often, I have had an exciting life and great relationships. Life gets easier when you grav your nuts and make something of yourself.
>>
>>16445784
I tried to commit suicide twice.
I tried to overdose on pills and after a few hours of trying to commit suicide, my heart just slowed down in minutes.
The experience was interesting, I passed out 6 times, I hardly remember anything, but if I do, the view was like I was watching everything trough a tunnel.
>>
Tried. I failed and stayed in coma for two weeks.
Overdue.
>>
tried to when I was younger and then well, I'm not sure if life has gotten better. I still have suicidal tendencies.
I'm only 20, if that's relevant.
>>
>>16445784
I tried it once. Got kicked ot of my major of choice at college and was failing my backup major as well. Knew my report card was gonna come back looking like shit and I felt like I had absolutely faild life all together.

Went to the pharmacy, bought a bottle of sleeping pills, then downed the whole thing at 3 or 4 in the morning after marathoning movies. Pussied out at the last second and called 911, campus police made me try and throw up the pills (I drank a shit ton of water with them so nothing came up). Amublance arrives, arm starts to feel numb, I get to the ER and the nurse tells me it's not serious enough to pump my stomach. At that moment the pills dropped like a dubstep bass and I was completely out. I don't have any conscious recollection of the next 2 or 3 days. When my senses came (apparently I was still awake and acting crazy), I was in a hospital bed. Family came to visit me, spent the next day or two there, then got transferred to a psychiatric institution where I spent a month and a half doing therapy. Wasn't actually that bad. I made a lot of friends and it didn't suck so long as you followed the rules and didn't start shit with the nurses.

>>16446008
>>16446011
>>16446014
>>16446034

Shit man, that's me and my family to a T. Problem is, how the fuck do you get out of that environment and get somewhere else in life when you're in your twenties, barely ever worked and have little interests/motivation or marketable skills?
>>
>>16446120
My story is really familiar.
Got transferred to a psychiatric institution after being in the hospital for a few days. Met a lot of people who had similar problems. After all of us were sent home, no one really did connect with one another.
Even if I'm going through the biggest shit in my life, somehow, I'm really happy I'm alive.
>>
I couldn't get past the scrub in front of the bridge to actually reach a jumping point. Got tired, reevaluated my decisions, went home. Two months of IOP, came out the other side kinda okay. Okay enough.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.