[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since I can't find work or get any rides to the DMV, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1447077950681.jpg (63 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1447077950681.jpg
63 KB, 480x480
Since I can't find work or get any rides to the DMV, I'm being forced to work with my uncle in his landscaping job where he jams all his tools on the back of his truck since he doesn't want a trailer for them. It's extremely shitty and I don't get paid, once in a blue moon he might buy me a hoagie or something. When I ask him what's the point, he flips out and rants about my mother working. The problem is my mother doesn't really give a fuck that I'm out with him and the rationale is that "I need something to do." This has been going on for about two years.

What can I do about this?
>>
>>16445494
Tell your uncle you're not going to work for free anymore. Bottom line. You need money to be able to afford, at the very least, a bicycle so you can try to better your life with other jobs. (also to put away money to move out cause your family sucks).
>>
>>16445507
Ask your uncle to drive you to the DMV in his big boy truck or alternatively stop being such a fucking pushover and tell him you need a wage to make something out of your life.
>>
Get a real job.
>>
File: ross.jpg (226 KB, 682x1000) Image search: [Google]
ross.jpg
226 KB, 682x1000
>>16445516
I basically said in the OP that I've been applying.
>>16445515
I've tried speaking up to him before and he started throwing equipment at me and yelling that I had an attitude.
>>
>>16445562

simply leave. yelling that you have attitude cant make you do anything. if he throws equipment at you laugh and say hes going to have to pick it up. i mean FUCK, why even get in the car with him they cant make you OP

question though., how old are you? its okay if ur underage here, but knowing how old you are can help us suggest what to do. if ur of age its a very different tactic of course.
>>
>>16445494
I would leave. This sounds strangely abusive.
>>
File: 1446939879502.gif (200 KB, 251x348) Image search: [Google]
1446939879502.gif
200 KB, 251x348
>>16445567
I'm 18, my mom who I'm living under is very close with him
>>
>>16445562
Hahaha, dat Bob Ross.
>>
>>16445621

if he isnt supporting the household in any way like paying your rent or you guys living with him or something like that, then you dont have to work for him. your mother may threaten to kick you out. explain to both that you are 18 and that working for your uncle is only holding yourself back and is essentially slave labor (work for me specifically and not another job or else we'll kick you out)

in the meantime, hock whatever you can and try to buy a bike.
>>
>>16445494
Stop being a fucking dead beat and ACTUALLY LOOK for a job
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.