[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which job market is NOT saturated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: pink floyd.png (362 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
pink floyd.png
362 KB, 500x330
>>
>>16444777
Teachers? Low pay, low social status, high stress, long hours. (excluding Scandinavian areas)
>>
>>16444777
>unchecked double trips
Engineering, for now.
>>
File: 1445831918394.gif (2 MB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
1445831918394.gif
2 MB, 400x223
City firefighters and city cops to be honest. The civil service process weeds out 90% of the shitbags because it's always done through an outside agency. And those that have an "in the know" are only brought in once they go through the process like anyone else.

Of course shitbags always get through, but it's in any field. Obviously, you have to have the stones for it.

source: Been a city firefighter for a year now.
>>
>>16444797
>tfw always wanted to be a firefighter but cannot because had tuberculosis
I can run a fucking half marathon and squat 4 plate and why can't I be a firefighter you cunts
>>
>>16444803
The medical processing for most cities is incredibly basic. They don't disqualify you for having had it. They'd see that you had it, became cured of it, and then they'll say "okay".
>>
>>16444803
If it's any hope, I know a dozen guys on teh job right now that have had DUI's and other crimes.
>>
>>16444805
>>16444807
I was rejected, at least in my city, because I had tb in the past.

Now I'm studying to become a coder which isn't too bad but man am I jealous of firefighters.
>>
>>16444811
which city?
>>
Machining, welding, tool and die shops.

Teaching. Girlfriend has a degree in sociology and a certification in teaching, makes 40k at a charter school. You work a hell of a lot more than 40/wk but you get the whole summer off with salary.
>>
>>16444841
>Summer off

Teachers dont really have a one month summer vacation. You have to start preparing for the new academic year
>>
>>16444782

Hours are hardly that long compared to some jobs, and you get DEM HOLIDAYS.

I know quite a few people who have just started in teaching. I don't think it's for me but it sounds pretty dope.

Maybe when I'm an old man and I'm knowledgeable in something, then I reckon teaching would be a very sweet deal.
>>
>>16444848

They still get longer holidays than pretty much any other 9-5 job, and by a long way.
>>
>>16444852
Recently read an article about teachers who cry in their cars after the day is done.

I think you guys are underestimating the amount of stress a teacher has in a day. Imagine a class of 30+ children/teens that dont care about learning. You have to continuously correct them, make sure everyone understands, makes sure all the admin work is complete, make sure you understand their needs and make sure your lessons cater to them, make sure your lessons are interactive and promote active learning (in a class of 30+ children). Also if the students fuck up because they dont care about school, you're the one responsible. Their grades is a burden to you.

the amount of hours of work is small yes, but you take that work with you at home. Teachers have to essentially work for unpaid hours. I've talked to a couple and the average time they go to sleep is around 11-12am. Wake up at 5-6am.

It isn't fun.
>>
>>16444848
Depends on the school district. Girlfriend gets close to 3 months off.
>>
>>16444777
dub trips checked

All I can say is, don't go into radiology, that's probably the most saturated field out there, at least in the US.

Most trades like plumbing, welding, electric, etc. are still decent.
>>
>>16444852
Girlfriend works 630am-4pm, then has an average 2 hours grading and planning. Factor in travel time, thats 12 hr days.
>>
>>16444871
Agreed. Both my parents are teachers and they get fucking crazy as hell. The stress is just so much at times. My mom's called me up a few times and asked if I wanted to input grades for her.
The summer vacation does make up for it though. When I was a kid we'd always go on trips for long periods of time simply because we could.
>>
Pediatric surgeons and other jobs where it takes a ton of schooling to get but pays the lowest out of all the disciplines.
>>
>>16444777
highly skilled blue collar work
like being a plumber or electrician
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.