[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: FF.jpg (17 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
FF.jpg
17 KB, 275x183
Hey guys I have a question I want to become a firefighter for forestry but I've smoked pot a couple of times I'm only 19 I'd very much like to pursue this career I have no criminal records, I had a GPA of 3.0, and I'd be able to get everything out of my system before the interview would start can I still get hired?
Any other firefighters that can tell me stories etc. I already have a routine ready for cardiovascular health since I know you're required to be moving with heavy equipment non stop.
>>
>>16444306
sucks to live in a country where you can get discriminated against for minor drug use

I'm in outback Australia and I know a few firefighters

they say 50% of there call-outs are small grass fires, 20% are false alarms/hoaxes, 10%house fires %20 for work not relating to fires
>>
>>16444306
1. Pot doesn't stay in your system that long.
2. Firefighting isn't your normie job. You go through a process. I.E. physical training, tests, etc.
3. You sound like a total fucking dipshit.
>>
>>16444306
Are you fucking retarded? Of course you'll get the job, they aren't cops. I see alcoholic firefighters everyday I'm sure there's some that blaze regularly
>>
To be a fire fighter you just need to be both physically able to and spiritually willing to run into a burning building. And maybe not have dirty piss when you apply, so just don't smoke anymore and then you can apply in a couple of weeks or less. If you want to be truly paranoid then shave your head and only you and God will be able to tell that you ever did it.

It's really not that big of a deal.
>>
>>16444337
ignore this anon

1. they CAN pick up thc in your system for about a month, but the chances of them doing so lessen over time

2. they may just caution you if they pick up a positive that you have to be clean at work, or clean all the time from that point onward, depending on the specific brigade.
I have a friend who blazes hard and still got in

3. they may not test you at all, often employers who are allowed to drug test threaten to just to discourage junkies

also where I am most firefighters are "on call", and don't work full time
>>
>>16444348

In my population 900 town they just let off a siren at town hall and ring the church bells whenever there is an emergency and the firefighter/emts are just supposed to book it up there as fast as they can.

It's fucking annoying as hell because too many old people live here too, someone is always stroking out. And they play that damn siren at 8pm every night too and it sets every dog in town to barking and we have at least 2 dogs per person in this town and several writhing pens that house a dozen or more half wild coon hunting dogs each so it can be a long time for them to stop.

But ah, decent property taxes.
>>
>>16444393
>they play that damn siren at 8pm every night too
why?

that sounds like a really faggoty thing to do desu
>>
My uncle is a fire chief and I know he smoked and still does. He's a man with a lot of vices. Cigars, weed, drinking. Sweet guy though.
>>
>>16444398

I agree entirely, why? What happens at 8? What ever happened at 8 to make it a tradition. Who doesn't understand that at this point even the elders in this rural hole know how to set an alarm on their cellphone?

Whenever it goes off everyone in town over age 40 looks to the sky and says "8 o'clock. And all is well." Before moving on about their day as the dog cacophony begins.
>>
>>16444410
haha exactly, I can imagine that

is there someone who just lights fires at 8?
do they use it like a town bell?
>>
>>16444416

When it's actually a fire or someone stroking out they actually blare the damn think like 4 times and at 8 it's just the once, mercifully I guess. I think it is supposed to be a rustic charm? Like a town bell. But it's just a trashy town and a trashy loudspeaker canned siren. No one is coming in from the fields at 8, at 8 everyone has already been at the two grubby bars for 4 hours already.
>>
>>16444431
sounds like my kind of town
>>
>>16444306
>be fit
>don't introduce yourself as "hey I"m anon, i smoke weed and i want to be a firefighter"
>don't look like a stereotypical couchbound lazy stoner
>if you live in one of those countries where the employer owns your body like a slave: be able to provide clean pee when they want. scare stories say it stays in the body for a year, more acurately would be 3 weeks.

you'll be fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 410x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 410x359
>>16444439

We even have a redneck Mardi Gras where everyone drives their mower down Main Street and then stands around getting drunk.
>>
>>16444593
that is so great haha
>>
>>16444306

in USA just move to a state where 420 is legal

what ? 15 by now ?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.