[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else /QuarterLifeCrisis/ here? i'm 26 and lately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: shame.jpg (22 KB, 480x616) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
22 KB, 480x616
anyone else /QuarterLifeCrisis/ here?

i'm 26 and lately i've been feeling incredibly self conscious and depressed, and i've got this strange feeling of desperation. I feel like im acting out all the time and it's almost like im watching myself do it at times and while a part of me realizes im acting out, I still can't stop myself from doing it. I can't figure out what exactly is wrong with me, but I just feel panicked all the time. I try doing activities that calm me down but it feels like it's all I do now and its just making everything worse because I fel like im wasting my life.
>>
>>16443946
I'm quarter life crisis, all I do is work, I make good money but it doesn't feel worth it. Fuuuuuuuck.
>>
I feel that way sometimes. I'm 23, almost 24 and I can't help but feel like my best years have passed me by and I'm never gonna get a gf. I spend almost all of my free time on the computer and I feel like I should be doing something better with my time, but I'm not sure what.
Lately I've been playing a lot of Call of Duty and that's been distracting me, but I know it'll come back once I get bored.
>>
>>16443962
I quit my well paying job to follow my dream of being a writer, but now all I do is sit at home and mope because i'm too lazy to write, and what little I do write feels terrible, even though most people tell me its good. I guess i need discipline, but thats hard to develop while im going through what I said in OP
>>
>>16443969
Almost 24 here too. I feel you man. I'm not really making steps to better myself and I'm staying content with my shitty job. There's not much I want to do on my off time than sit on the computer. I want to go back to school for something, but I don't want a shitload of loans. It's rough man.
>>
>>16443946
Do you work? And if you do, what do you do and how long have you been doing it?
>>16443962
I had one a few years ago when I was 25. I've been working since I was 15. Felt like I was getting into a routine and it was killing me. I literally flipped out one day and went nuts. Quit my job and just took a year off and blew through my savings on weed, alcohol, hookers, and food. I had a lot of fun then ran out of money, and went back to school and got a pretty good job. I'm 30 now and I feel like I'm back into that routine but just making more money and enjoying a better quality of life. I've kinda just come to accept this is life now. It's not that bad because I just drink a lot... I don't know, I like my life.
>>
>>16443978
OP here, see
>>16443976
I used to be a machine operator at a titanium mill and I was making more money than I ever had, but I hated the job and I wanted to write so bad and I felt the job was stopping me since I had to work 10 hours 6 days a week.
>>
>>16443978
Sometimes I feel like doing something crazy, like quit my job and travel. But I have a pretty good job and sorta feel committed to it. My life is pretty good overall, I just don't want to be trapped in the same routine forever.
>>
Two years ago I packed up what I thought would be useful and drove across the country to try a different place for a while. I'm 27 now. At the time I felt that I was stagnating. In retrospect I believe my choice to dramatically alter my routine was a positive one. I chose the location primarily because it provided ample opportunities for me to support and further some hobbies I'd enjoyed in the past (hiking, mountain biking) and because it differed geographically from my previous setting. I just picked up and left without a job lined up or housing, but with a small amount of planning, things could have been easier. That said, it is intensely gratifying to succeed at building an existence from nothing.

tl;dr
pack up and go somewhere else
>>
Damm i wish I had seen this thread sooner.

I'm kinda going through the same, 22.8 yo, MsC in mech eng, no job, no motivation to work, never had gf, kissed a girl or even held hands, can't even motivate myself to finish the article, people look at me thinking I'm a genius and make shit happen but I'm just a piece of shit who is indecisive as fuck when there's not enough information and also believes that it's too late to do anything.

Going to sleep, checking when I wake up.
Tldr: Ditto
>>
>>16443946

Do you want to be responsible for another persons happiness. Having them depend on you and moan if they don't get there way? Do you want someone that constantly needs to be entertained and if you can't provide they will just jump ship and leave you alone on a little island?

FUCK RELATIONSHIPS!

Life is for living friend. Pursue your passions. Study and gain knowledge. Become a master at your craft. Earn respect from peers and make new friends. Have a broad network of people to draw from if you ever in a jam and vice versa.

Women...I get some might want to do the whole middle class thing but you will be puting yourself in a serious risk position as a male.

Go to clubs have fun and have some flings just to get some intimacy in your life even if it's just for a night.

Never get locked onto one girl especially if she only sees you as a friend and all that shit. There egos will prevent them from seeing what they doing to you. It will be a complete waste of time and will fuck you up emotionally in the long run.

Always have hope that you will find the right person. Just remember no one is perfect and that you will have to give people a chance to show there true colors rather than having pre conceived notions about them.
>>
>>16444266
OP here, glad to see this. I'm actually moving to a new state (CO) in a few months. Hopefully it'll have the same effect on me as it did you. I'll be living alone for awhile renting out of someones room (if all goes according to plan). Hopefully that time will help me grow as a person.
>>
>>16444266
This sounds kind of awesome. I guess my fear about moving is that I'd just become more reserved and never meet anyone. Right now most of my hobbies are solitary stuff like vidya, reading and playing bass. I really need to find a way to change that..
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.