[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College friends want nothing to do with me and my girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 304x166
So we graduated in May and the whole group of us moved to the same city in July. We all found degree-related jobs and everything seemed like it was going to be great.

Now, one thing to note about our 'group' is that a few of us are really into fitness. My girlfriend and I meal-prepped and lifted 5 days a week during college.

But since the move, we've shifted focus to 'enjoying ourselves'. Nothing's been too drastic. We go OUT to eat now, we make an effort to be more relaxed (sweatpants/moccasins, yoga pants/slippers), and we've each put on a LITTLE weight (about 30 lbs each).

Now here's where it gets interesting - we went out for dinner with the 'group' 2 weeks ago and things just felt 'off'. Conversation seemed forced, a lot of awkward eye contact, and there seemed to be a lot of tension toward the end - we ordered dessert and the others paid and left because 'it was getting late'.

And since then, we saw FB pics of the rest of them out together and when we were out for dinner two nights ago, we saw them ride by in a group, on bikes.
>>
>>16443369
Weird. Sounds like a dick thing to do. Just wait for them to ask you out, if they don't your suspicions are probably correct
>>
>>16443369
>a LITTLE weight
>about 30 lbs each
That's not a little.
>>
Sorry bb

Do u guys wanna have a 3way w/me?
>>
>>16443384

This, especially among /fit/izens.

But hey, make new friends who you share interests with. People change. If you want to get fat and do your own shit, that's fine.
>>
You became gains goblins and they politely told you to shoo.
>>
>>16443369
You can't expect people to stay the same forever. Obviously you and your girl are testament to this, you used to be into fitness, and you're just not anymore.

This is just how things go as you get older. Your friends made new friends in your city. You should be happy for them.
>>
>>16443369
Holy crap 30 lbs in 5 months? Jesus. Did you guys just stop giving a Fuck?

Well maybe it's a phase. You're in a new place and want to take it all in and enjoy yourselves.

I did the same thing when I moved to my city a year ago. I ate all the new interesting food and gained some weight.

Things are going to change because you're in a new place in your life. Embrace it and move forward. Always forward.
>>
>>16443409

Good way of looking at it - thanks for that
>>
>>16443369
30 pounds each is not a little weight. That is a pretty drastic change especially if it is over the course of a few months. Your friends see your lifestyle change and do not agree with it.

If you were my friend I would call you out and tell you to get your shit together, and if you kept gaining weight I would not hang out with you as much. It sounds like your friends lead active lifestyles, which is not conducive to your current lifestyle.
>>
Your concern should be your girl shit friends come and go. Period no sugar coating anything.
>>
This is bait
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.