[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Actual advice/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 17
File: 100.jpg (351 KB, 1092x886) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
351 KB, 1092x886
Come and use our great experiemence anons
>>
#1: Don't expect good advice on /adv/
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211 KB, 1600x447) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211 KB, 1600x447
>>16442648

HOW TO TREAT ACNE

>use trenotin in the morning
>salicylic facewash in the shower
>aveeno face moisturizer after shower (and as needed)
>erythromicin gel before bed

trenotin literally peels the skin away, getting rid of pimples before they can become problems.

salicylic acid dries them out, and gets rid of oils and such that will cause acne later

aveeno face moisturizer stops your face from over producing oils to keep it moist, and of course prevents drying out from treatments.

erythromicin is an anti biotic applied directly to the face through a gel. 10 dollars even without insurance, but you do need a prescription. this shit stops it way before it cab be a problem.

I recently ran out of treonotin and erythromicin and had to start treatment all over again. it took about 3 weeks to get my face back to fully healed with no pimples and its great.
>>
ONE simple trick to cure your depression.

you ever hear the phrase 'you have to enjoy the little things' ? this is probably the most true and insanely great advice you will ever hear. I used to be a hardcore depressive edgy cringey 'woe is me' wallow in my own misery bastard. this went on for YEARS and well into my adulthood. then one day I realized i wanted to stop being 'lonely'. i wanted to stop being sad about everything. all of life seemed so mundane. I can't remember how I learned this trick, but i did, and trust me it works.

you just have to savor a moment. take right now. stop what you are doing, and take a REALLY deep breath. a great big deep one. now think about the last time you had a cold that stuffed your nose. remember how hard that was? remember how miserable you were? it was awful, yeah? take a moment to verbally acknowledge how nice this moment is, just cuz you can breathe. state that you are grateful, and really think about how bad it was with the cold.

you have to do that, once a day. pull out your phone now, and schedule a reminder for every day this week on your calendar. pick random times. it can be lunch, dinner, school, whenever. just set it to vibrate so it doesn't ring when you dont need it to. when you feel that vibration, you remember to 'appreciate the little things'.
>>
>>16442693
so take a look at where you are? no matter how bad the situation, think about ONE good thing, and force yourself to enjoy that. is it the architecture of the building in the distance? the cute girl that walked by? how delicious this buger is? how comfy your couch is? how calming this lecture is? pick something. and if ur in a situation where there is literally no tiny detail at all that is good, then reschedule it for another 2 hours from then. just find ONE tiny moment every day to acknowledge is nice.

what this does is it teaches your brain to treat these little tiny things you take for granted, the little conveniences of every day life that we dont even think about, and spins them as good. when you do this your brain starts to do this on its own. you are tricknig your brain into realizing how nice life is, and you will have a moment every day where you just well up with appreciation for whatever it is you are doing.

it takes any average moment and reminds you of how good it is. it becomes your entire life. and its amazing.
>>
File: do czytania.jpg (72 KB, 460x606) Image search: [Google]
do czytania.jpg
72 KB, 460x606
welp, got dc. next adv's coming
Great literature to expand your mind
>>
File: do it 1.jpg (597 KB, 1226x1339) Image search: [Google]
do it 1.jpg
597 KB, 1226x1339
>>
are you tired of being a NEET loser? try the following:

how often have you gone to bed saying that tomorrow you are going to
>apply for a job
>workout
>eat healthy
>walk the dog
>clean the entire house
>go out and meet a new girl

maybe you even made a checklist? im guessing most times you only get like 1 or 2 things done right? thats cuz you cant change your life all at once, but if you are willing to try, this worked for me and turned my life around.

Create a list of all the big changes you want in your life, as well as the little ones. then organize that list based on what you want to do first and last. then you do only ONE big mission a month, and one tiny mission a week (or more depending on the size of those missions.

for example my calendar looked like this
>January: begin applying for jobs DAILY
>february: begin eating healthy (no junk food for two weeks, then after that only 2 sweet snacks a week)
>march: begin working out, 3 times a week, p90x
>april: career: start a new project relevant to your dream career, even if you are only doing this for fun. i wanted to become a filmmaker so i created a web series this month.
>may: social, try and go out and do things you dont normally do. plan those things well in advance

your list can grow and change, and sometimes even slow. for instance, when you get a new job that changes your entire life, so you may need to take a month to 'settle' into your job and the nstart working in everything else you were doing to fit in this new world. point is that you take a month to learn the habits of good things.

when you do complete a job, mark it off your list. nothing is more satisfying then finally being able to cross it off. have friends do this with you, so you can all encourage each other (and shame those who make no progress) and have reward systems!
>>
File: do it 2.jpg (185 KB, 1260x736) Image search: [Google]
do it 2.jpg
185 KB, 1260x736
Also, feel free to ask a questions.
>>
File: do it 3.png (197 KB, 689x1760) Image search: [Google]
do it 3.png
197 KB, 689x1760
For people in relationship, which don't know HOW TO DO IT
>>
File: gogogo.png (445 KB, 1279x1697) Image search: [Google]
gogogo.png
445 KB, 1279x1697
>>
>>16442720
>repeated attempts at humor
I feel like this advice will only work on liberal women the caliber of she who wrote that advice.
>>
File: masaże!.jpg (439 KB, 894x1330) Image search: [Google]
masaże!.jpg
439 KB, 894x1330
>>
File: dalej.png (234 KB, 1680x940) Image search: [Google]
dalej.png
234 KB, 1680x940
>>
File: photo-64230[1].jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo-64230[1].jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>16442648
>53. Get a tattoo. Don't worry about regret.
>>
File: typy.jpg (362 KB, 700x3088) Image search: [Google]
typy.jpg
362 KB, 700x3088
For /fit/
>>
Great thread so far, already saved a few of those pics. Thanks guys
>>
>>16442648
>quit your shitty job

It's like people don't have to pay for housing or food or gas or insurance or utilities or everything else that costs money.
>>
>>16442803

for those who are dumb, instead of just quitting nilly willy, the single sentence suggestion implies that you should find a better job.
>>
>>
File: aq2RoOY_460s.jpg (606 KB, 460x4771) Image search: [Google]
aq2RoOY_460s.jpg
606 KB, 460x4771
>>
Thanks for the thread.
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (4 MB, 1306x2892) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
4 MB, 1306x2892
>>16442817
You're welcome
Again for /fit
>>
File: 1237.jpg (40 KB, 460x271) Image search: [Google]
1237.jpg
40 KB, 460x271
Also: pain is temporary, once when you remember it, affects your decisions
>>
>>16442807
Oh right. Why didn't I think of just getting a better job. It's so fucking simple. How could I gave been so stupid?
>>
File: aw75re4_460s_v1.jpg (150 KB, 460x1714) Image search: [Google]
aw75re4_460s_v1.jpg
150 KB, 460x1714
>>16442803
>>16442807
>>
>>
>53
Dont do this.
>65
I wouldnt do this either
>>
>>16442851
why include the retarded comment?
>>
>>16442863
It's a terrible list imo
>>
Also some shit on surviving on a little

1 lb bag rice(white or brown) $1 at Dollar Tree
1 lb dried beans $1 at Dollar Tree
1 lb lentils $1 at Aldi or Walmart
1 5lb bag flour $1.59 at Aldi, $1.79 at Walmart
2 dozen Eggs $1 each at Dollar Tree
5 lb. Potatoes $2 or less at most stores
4 large bags frozen veggies (green beans, peas & carrots, broccoli, spinach, etc.) $1 each at Aldi, Dollar Tree, or grocery store
2 bags frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, etc.) $1 each at Dollar Tree
1 lb Bananas $.59/lb at grocery store
Oats $1 at Aldi or Walmart
5 lbs. chicken leg quarters $.49/lb or less at most stores
1 jar peanut butter $1 at Dollar Tree
half gallon milk $1.99 at Aldi (or 2 quarts of shelf stable milk for $1 each at Dollar Tree)
4 lbs. sugar $1.59 at Aldi
2 1lb. frozen chubs of ground turkey $1 each at Aldi or Save A Lot
1 29oz can tomato sauce $1 or less at most stores
1 Eat slower, you will more satisfy you organism
2 Ask half hour before closing restaurant's, pizzeria's any place with food for some leftovers, most of them prefer gave it to people than throw out.
3 I have talked with KFC worker, for 10 zł(about 2,51 but prices are different depended on country so let's say it's 10 for you also) he gave a bigass bag with meat
>>
>>16442867
They arent all terrible, but id probably try to condense it a considerable amount
>>
>>16442864
I thought the same thing, but fuck it. fuck whoever included that comment
>>
>>16442849
Fuckin saved
>>
Here is a few ill put up for debate
>Try your utmost to never swear, no matter how angry you
>Never drink anything other than black coffee, tea or water. Alcohol should be limited to beer or wine.
>No tattoos, not ever.
>Dont believe what people tell you, they might be wrong. Learn to differentiate between whether or not they think its the truth.
>Create a daily routine and stick to it no matter how simple it may be. Add to it over time.
>Never focus on the negative, but always acknowledge it and learn from it.
>>
>>16442648
> cold shower meme
>>
Silly question:

I feel uncomfotable when im talking to someone and i look them in the eye for what i feel like is too long.
How much eye contact is too much? At which point do i go from "confident" to "creepy"
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.