[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I realized that on a daily basis the only time I touch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: andy-samberg.jpg (58 KB, 230x306) Image search: [Google]
andy-samberg.jpg
58 KB, 230x306
Today I realized that on a daily basis the only time I touch another human being is when my roommate taps me on the shoulder to tell me he's going to sleep and to turn the lights off before I go to bed (I rent out a converted living room).

I've also read that not having regular human contact fucks with your mind. Is that contributing to my building depression? I have lots of friends and hang out with people constantly but...I feel so alone.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>16441000
>I've also read that not having regular human contact fucks with your mind
That doesn't mean physical contact, it means interaction with a real human. The opposite of solitary confinement
>>
>>16441059
This
>>
>>16441059
>>16441062
Oh...so I have a non-issue? I see. I'm sorry to have wasted your time, anons. Thank you for you replies.
>>
>>16441086
Still go and see someone about your depression.
>>
>>16441086
No, i know that feel. It's actually pretty depressing if you can't hug or hold or touch anybody ever. But i don't think it's that easy to fix this. Maybe get a massage?
>>
>>16441095
I can't bring myself to do this. I'm convinced all the things causing me to feel depressed are things I can control and I'm too much of an idiot/am too lazy to fix them. No therapist can fix that.

>>16441102
It is. I got my hair cut today and the lady doing the shampoos gave me a shampoo/scalp massage. It was so nice to feel the touch of someone.. fuck man I'm pathetic.
>>
Spent the past 4 years dropping in and out of college with next to no social interaction with people other than my family. It's reached s point where i don't even feel emotions. Im like a zombie. Id advice you to seek help before it gets worse. Im living at home with no goals in life and i have no selfesteem so its not like i even value my own life. Im in limbo, thinking about killing myself every single day but i won't because it would tear my family apart. You don't want a life like that.
>>
Dude, I'm in the same boat. I hugged a girl last night. I can't remember the last time I did that. Even as friends.
It definitely fucks with you because we're both trying to overcome some sort of mystery gift and it's not fucking helping hahaha
>>
I've got immune disorder. I'm somewhat allergic to other people and the dog. Last hugged over a year ago... my mom hugs my clothed leg now and then which is absurd but it seems to make her happy. It's a very cold feeling, living without touching many warm living things. I try to get what good feelings I can from touching the warm paw of the dog, or when my hand brushes someone else's. I massage my own back often, and try to enjoy dreams about touch/sex as reality.

Life is extraordinarily difficult but we are extraordinarily adaptable.
>>
>>16441000
I don't think /adv/ has ever successfully (re)integrated an anon back into society.

Fuck, I don't think they've even got an anon into anime club.
>>
Man I feel you

I finally asked out this girl from uni and she blatantly rejected me with the lamest excuse (she doesn't have girl friends to meet up with lol).

I really thought she would have said yes too...

Mary Jane and Molly are the only girls in my life now, until I find someone equally as hedonistic as me.
>>
>>16441121
A therapist actually can help talk you through confidence and wellbeing issues too.
Besides, they're more qualified than you to diagnose that there is indeed nothing clinically wrong.
>>
>>16441566
Well it and /r/seduction has found me a girlfriend so it works out for some
>>
>>16441545
Holy shit dude I was just about to start whining how I'm in the same boat as OP but you kinda put that into perspective.
What kind of immune disorder is that? Is it common enough that there might be a cure in development or anything like that?
>>
>>16441000
>I've also read that not having regular human contact fucks with your mind. Is that contributing to my building depression?
It could be, but it is difficult to say for certain. Are you seeing a therapist about this?
>>
>>16441596
>/r/seduction

Sounds...iffy.
>>
>>16441000
No.
You don't need help. I can't even fathom your issue.
>>16441702
He doesn't need one
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.