[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this is the right board and if it is, I'd guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1446907268201.gif (2 MB, 270x181) Image search: [Google]
1446907268201.gif
2 MB, 270x181
Not sure if this is the right board and if it is, I'd guess that you probably get this pretty often, but here I go anyway.
>be me
>don't care for 3D females for pretty much all my life, baring 2-3 childish crushes
>obviously look like a typical nerd, skinnyfat, wide clothes, long hair etc.
>no social media or "cool" friends
>only girl i know is my nerdy childhood friend (chubby and bitchy)
>take some time off before university starts (about a year from end of school to beginning of uni)
>night before my 20th birthday
>because of not really important things I suddenly realize that all my life I've felt the sting of not having any romantic contact, being a kissless virgin and having the hidden fear of dying alone and unloved
>be the angriest and saddest i've ever been because all of these hidden emotions get out
>get two dumbbells the next day
>start training and doing cardio every day of the week
>uni about to start
>get a hearcut
>buy new clothes
>I now have slightly above average muscles
>looking like a normal person, some people don't even recognize me even after 5 seconds
>can get some nice "look exchanges" with girls in public transport etc.
>uni starts
>go to class
>after 2 weeks I haven't spoken to a girl in my course (there's like 15 because it's STEM)
>spoke to some of the "cool" guys
>my "friends" are the retarded kids, partially because I found them easier to approach, partly because I was sorry for them sitting alone
Cont.
>>
That's where I am right now.
My goal here isn't even getting a girlfriend right away, I just don't want to die alone and I think it's time to act now, and for that it would be good to just get some experience in social interaction etc., but I can hardly get myself to talk to anybody, because I don't know jackshit about talking to people who aren't "on my level" and even less how to talk to a girl that I don't know for 10 years+ and have nothing to talk about.
So yeah, that's where you guys come into play.
I'm absolutely willing to put work into this, but I just have literally no idea where to start. Never used any social media other than Skype or whatsapp and I've got like 5 contacts each. I'm not completely autistic but also not the funniest guy everybody ever heard (at least not until I'm familiar with people). When I'm in a conversation I have little to no problem, although I lack the knowledge of typical "normalfag" things like TV or celebs or night life.
Living with my single mom.
Some of you can maybe throw me some advice on what to do generally and specifically.
Hope that's enough information for anything and I'm really sorry if this is shitting up the board.
>>
>>16439250

when you die, you wont really know the difference between dying alone or dying loved.

never has someones last words been 'whew thank god im not single'. jokes aside, im not joking. i mean its totally cool that you're entering the dating scene but so you can 'not die alone' is impossible on a physical and philisophical level.

when you're in the throws of death whatever is eating at you will eat at you.
>>
Find a hobby. Hell, find several. Make yourself interesting, and find people that are interested in the same things as you. You'll eventually find good friends. Just remember, you're not doing this to actually meet people, you're doing it to improve yourself
>>
>>16439261
>>16439261
I don't mean it in that kind of way.
I never thought about "dying alone vs dying with family". It's more about getting old or even like more living life together with someone as opposed to doing it in solitude.
>>16439278
Thanks.
I do quite like Anime and everything surrounding it, so going to these meets would probably be fun for me and being in the upper percentages of guys attending these cons should be pretty possible too, but I was thinking more about the general act of not being completely asocial.
I think of it this way:
I don't like many people but if I meet someone I like I don't want to not be able to get her because I've never had any experience.
>>
>>16439299

either way, you should live your life in a way that makes you happy. not just 'dont die alone'. if you've been happy or content in solitude, do that. but finding someone for the sake of finding someone is a big mistake.

if you wait for the right one to come along, they will if they should. not that i disagree with you changing yourself. be the person you want to be, even if its a fit qt.
>>
>>16439307
>if you've been happy or content in solitude
That's the thing. I thought I was, but I wasn't at all and still am not. I want intimacy in my life, but I don't know how to get it. And even if I see that it's all a big hoax and being in a relationship sucks, I at least want to have tried it.
>>
>>16439319

>i at least want to have tried it

no shame in that man. it seems you're ready to at least give it a try, so find some qts and ask them on dates.
>>
>>16439323
Well there's where my problem lies.
My looks are average at best, I'm 1.80, have an ok face and not enough muscles to have them spottable through more than a shirt.

Just walking up to a random girl from my course and asking her on a date isn't going to work, is it? I should get a conversation going first. But I have no fucking clue how to do that.
Most girls surround themselves with guys (the ratio is like 10:2), so it's hard to get some "private time" without having to compete with someone who already knows her better (because of my 2 weeks of befirending nerds).
>>
>>16439343

post a pic of face? and maybe a bit of a wider shot? just so we can gauge what approach is best for you?
>>
>>16439355
Not really a fan of uploading pics of me.
Sorry. I think I won't be scaring people away, but my attractiveness isn't something people would take me for either.
>>
File: 1400349375723.jpg (9 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
1400349375723.jpg
9 KB, 194x200
>>16439406

well good luck with that.
>>
>>16439412
Eh, well thanks I guess.
Would be nice to get some actual advice on >>16439343 though.
>>
>>16439469

again, without face pictures, there is nothing we can really do to help you. its not even an issue of hot or not, but what kind of look you have or could pull off.

two equally hot guys can walk into a bar and get wildly different results cuz one can pull off the smug douche approach and the other can pull off the kinder geek approach.

we dont even know how tofix you without seeing you, let alone what approaches would work anon.

so good luck with that.
>>
>>16439482
I guess I'll have to upload a pic at some point then. I don't really have one right now and I won't make one either.
I'll just make another thread tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads-up though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.