[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to die. >Parents can not afford for me to go to college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 3.jpg (291 KB, 1024x697) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
291 KB, 1024x697
I want to die.
>Parents can not afford for me to go to college
>I work for a year and only can make enough to go to bad college learn on my own and dedicate myself.
>Job market is shit can not get a job whenever people see the college I went to they look not sure about me.
>Parents pay for both of my brothers college somehow they can afford it now
>Brothers go to a really good university
>Brothers already getting job offers and they are not even done their schooling
>Boyfriend wants me to move out with him in the next year because he is in the military
>End up working a shitty retail job because tired of being unemployed and need to save up to move out on my own
>Work my butt off for min wage
>People at work always asking me why I am working there when I could be doing more with my life
>Can not go to a better college because boyfriend in military and getting transferred in the next year.
>Had dreams of being a concept artist when I was a kid now the only thing I look forward to is modding skyrim.
>All goals feel dissatisfying because it is not what I want to do with my life.
>Retail company I work at is really good but I am in fucken retail
>Parents and boyfriend say I should stay with that company and work my way up, do not want to.
I want to die.
>>
>>16436455
How about pursuing what you want to do? Employers care shit tons more about portfolios/projects/and experience then some degree.
Teach yourself art software and graphic design or whatever they fuck you said you wanted to do. Get really good at it and then start doing freelance work.
>>
>>16436455
Learn 2 code m8
>>
>>16436669
Yes but working as an artist starting out is not going to pay the bills. I will be stuck in retail if I do that and that is why I have not went for concept art. I am thinking something like software engineer. I have a lot of health problems and would preffer to work from home.
>>
>>16436455
>Can't
>Can't
>Can't

All I see is excuses. You are in control of your life. If you really wanted to go to college you would have found a way to make it happen. Stop blaming everything else around you. Yeah you got the shit end with your family but you think that's a unique problem? Grow the fuck up. Financial aid, loans, grants, scholarships, work study programs. Fucking figure it out if you want to get out of your current situation.
>>
For fucks sake, just take out some damn student loans. You have a goal in mind and debt isn't some kind of ultimate evil that slack-jawed conservatives say it is.
>>
>>16436706
>can't
>can't
>can't

This. Besides all the can't this and can't that there is also

>want
>want
>want

A bunch of expectations you set for the world to give you.

So you have a bunch of high expectations you've arbitrarily set and a bunch of excuses for why you won't change. A little baby girl. Time to grow up sweetie.
>>
File: Family_Circus_loaf.jpg (33 KB, 320x370) Image search: [Google]
Family_Circus_loaf.jpg
33 KB, 320x370
>>16437255
>>16436803

These. Yes. Very much. Knock that shit off.
>>
>>16436455
You don't need college to be successful, learn from books. Pay for your own college. Mow lawns, clean carpets. Shit I dunno. Find work for yourself. What's stopping you? Your Ego?
>>
>>16436803
>>16437276
Bunch of silver spoon faggots who have no idea what they're talking about

>>16437298
Correct answer.
>>
>>16437344
>have no idea what they're taking about
>days the same thing in so many words
>>
Going to have to agree that these just sound like excuses and you seem to be acting a tad entitled. You can still go back to school, or pursue your career outside of school through work. You can cut costs and save money. You can dedicate time to working on your career aspects. You don't have to do what your boyfriend or family tell you you should. You don't have to have your boyfriend's life choices affect your career. You need to prioritize whether being with him or your own life goals are more important, because apparently just having both isn't an option right now. There's no sense crying over spilled milk in regards to what your family did or didn't give you. You are responsible for your own life.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.