[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all my friends becoming feminists? I used to have a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: BW1060-600x600.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BW1060-600x600.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
Why are all my friends becoming feminists? I used to have a lot of friends, but slowly I am being pushed out, thrown to the side for being... well me? am I being passed up by something? did I miss something? My friends don't invite me to places as much and when they do it always ends in me having to defend myself in someway to their bullying... what do I do?
>>
Their motivation doesn't really matter. Even if you understood it, you couldn't change it.

What you do is just make new friends.
>>
>>16436203
This is what tumblr does to people. It corrupts them into SJW fags. I've lost a few friends to that shit. It's absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>16436210
yeah but we've been friends for so long, and because I don't want to join them they treat me like I am garbage... it all seems so ridiculous though... they became the kind of people me and my other friends would laugh about, people you didn't think really existed but my friends have become them. I still have a couple of guy friends, but I liked being in a group of girls... I never was fully accepted being I was so different from them from the beginning, but they've gone completely off the deep end now.
>>
>>16436220
Well that sucks. Now I have lots of feminist friends and feminism itself isn't the problem, it's them trying to sjw the agenda down everyone's throats. Either deal with it by not saying anti fem shit or except the fact that they can't respect other people's opinions and move on. It sucks that people don't have freedom of speech these days but we just have to work with it and pick out the bad apples.
>>
>why are my friends growing up and I'm not
I don't know, better throw a fit about it, angry tween style.
>>
my best friend has a sjw leftist feminist girlfriend

know what I do? shut her down every time she starts getting uppity. We get along fine until she starts pushing her agenda, I stand up to her, we argue, I eventually chew her out, she starts crying and the night is ruined.
then she apologizes to everyone for how she acted

if I continue to stay the course eventually she will learn her lesson.
>>
>>16436247
I don't say anything anti feminist... at all, I honestly try to stay out of everything, but that isn't enough... I rarely chime in unless I'm forced and when I do I am chastised endlessly. I have been called a puppet of the patriarchy, a Token woman, and a Puppet of Rape culture.
>>
>>16436270
>a Token woman
you know that ones not insulting to you, right?
>>
>>16436270
Have you ever thought of telling them this behavior is childish and goes against your freedom of speech and you are going to stop talking to them if they keep it up? Try that. Seriously, I have plenty of feminist views but this behavior really ticks me off and is childish. They need to mature and realize not everyone has the same fucking opinions and it isn't right to chastise people.
>>
>>16436287
>goes against your freedom of speech
unless OP's friends are government employees on the clock there is nothing they can possibly do to go against freedom of speech.
>>
>>16436203
>Why are all my friends becoming feminists?
Because for women, it's the cool thing to do. For men, it's a weird way of getting laid.
>>
>>16436257
>why are my friends growing up
Being a self-righteous faggot is not growing up. Using politics as an excuse to be a dick to someone is not growing up. Jumping on bandwagons is not growing up.
>>
>>16436270
>I have been called a puppet of the patriarchy, a Token woman, and a Puppet of Rape culture.
Have they told you the devil lives in you yet?
>>
>>16436203

They're weak. Either they'll grow out of it or go down that rabbit hole and never come back.

If you're a woman: don't let them drag you into that shit. Be better. Even if you are for the progression of womens' rights (which is totally fine), don't be an asshole about it.

If you're a man: they will come to hate you and nothing you say or do will change that. Find new friends and pity the old ones.
>>
>>16436203

What do they talk about, famallama?

If they ever mention how a study "proves it" tell them that qualitative studies don't mean shit.
>>
>>16436274
they treat it like it is.
>>16436287
I have tried to tell them they are a bit extreme... they won't hear anything of it. I am very, very shy and quiet for the most part... its hard to get a word in when they're willing to yell and intimidate me.
>>16436297
It seems batshit to me
>>16436257
That isn't growing up... they just complain about literally everything but don't do anything to change anything. Yet they expect the world to change to fit their needs rather than being adult about it.
>>16436333
but it seems like so many people are signing up to this weird way of thinking... I didn't think my friends would be sucked in but they are... and its hard for me to make new female friends, because everyone at the junior college I go to are like them...
>>
>>16436394
Stop hanging out with them. You're obviously being treated unfairly and you shouldn't have to put up with that. Move on and make new friends, I know it's hard if you've known them for a long time but obviously they don't value your friendship as much as you value theirs.
>>
>>16436394

>>16436333 here.

It's born entirely of comfort. You have to remember that. Despite what they or anyone will try and tell you, we as a species live in some of the most prosperous, peaceful, and progressive times in all of history.

These are children who have grown up never knowing war, never knowing hardship or struggle, and have the most miraculous technology imaginable right at their fingertips to make their lives as easy as possible, living in a society that encourages vanity and hands-off "activism."

Don't give in. New friends can be hard to make in your 20's, but it's not impossible.
>>
File: 1443932565285.jpg (46 KB, 538x717) Image search: [Google]
1443932565285.jpg
46 KB, 538x717
>>16436394
>but it seems like so many people are signing up to this weird way of thinking
Because its sign up with that crap, or get singled out like you are.

College funny enough has made me more of a conservative, because I've been pushed out of my previous hobbies so I started hanging out with different groups, like those at the gun range.

Honestly if someone is going to treat you poorly due to minor politics, its not really worth stressing out over them. Find new friends, preferably ones that don't substitute identity politics for personality.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.