[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello Internet, I'm not okay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (9 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 640x1136
Hello Internet, I'm not okay
>>
>>16435381
what's the matter?
>>
I'm not entirely sure, it's sort of everything and nothing. I think I'm depressed but I don't tick all the boxes and the boxes I do tick I'm not sure if I've just convinced myself that it's true or if my actual problem is I'm constantly convincing myself that I'm not okay, that makes sense right?
>>
My mind is as though it's all tangled, but I feel like if people know it's tangled it will be okay and everyone will understand me
>>
>>16435414
I've had similar feelings in the past, assuming I understand what you're trying to say, as its kind of hard to put into words.
For me it was a combination of pressures of uni/trying to find a job for after uni, and some loneliness, but I felt I couldn't justify my fears as rational as my marks on my assessments were good, I was going on a few dates here and there, and I had some really good friends around me. I don't know if you have similar circumstances or anything going on that you're concerned about OP, but if you do (in my experience) you will feel better when these problems are either resolved or when they no longer become issues for you.
>>
>>16435430
I think it's similar, I am not feeling pressured but I have no real reasons to justify why I feel the way I do. My life from someone else's perspective is just fine but to me it's not, that's why I'm not sure whether I've just convinced myself that I'm not okay or I'm just not
>>
>>16435454
If you don't mind, would you tell us a little bit about your life? What areas of it are you unhappy with, even if to someone else it seems like it would be fine? If you can't pick something, but still feel the way you do then you might be clinically depressed.
>>
>>16435414
Just think about your life. What do you have going for your? Pick out the things you really like about your life, but then pick out the things you're bothered by.

Or you could do what I do and simply ignore it by watching a ton of shows and by gaming
>>
Work is fine, bartending, however severe social anxiety with coworkers but not customers. Ownership at work changed though and now the notes in the till face a different way, and they want the coffee machine left on overnight it's absolute chaos. living situation is fine, boyfriend of four years, not really a fan anymore though. Family is all g.
>>
>>16435485
I think ignoring it won't do any good, hours at work are dropping so I'm being forced to spend more time with myself, leading to this thread.
>>
>>16435492
It sounds like you have a couple of problems, yeah they might not be the most horrible problems in the world but they are YOUR problems.
With your workplace going through changes lately: you say you don't feel pressured, and that might be true. Personally that would stress me out a bit, as it can be rather irritating adjusting to a new way of working, especially if it makes you feel less productive.

As for the boyfriend issue, if you aren't really a fan then maybe you should think about why that is. There might be more to it than you're letting on.
>>
Me neither, OP. Want to hang out?
>>
No one is. Okay is like saying you're beneath a minimum standard.
>>
>>16436031
Not sure hanging out is possible, Ta.
>>
This has been a little helpful, thank you all for your time, it's much appreciated. However telling people in real life I'm not okay, isn't a good thing to do is it? I'll just come off as attention seeking
>>
>>16436457
society dwells on shallow subjects. everything must be happy and positive, you must answer "how are you?" with "good" no matter what. society likes to sweep unpleasantries under the rug, so telling people you aren't okay will make things awkward
>>
>>16436457
It depends on whether you trust the person. If you think they will validate you if you say you aren't okay, then you should. In everyday conversation, probably not. You could say "things have been a little rough recently, but I'm trying hard to keep on going", if you kind of trust the person.
>>
>>16436481
That's a good idea, its probably going to take me a month to muster up the social courage, i sort of don't speak unless spoken to. It's a little hard because I come home from work with a head full of things I should have said/done
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.