[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legal advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: CZLtx1DUsAA_i1g.jpg (41 KB, 576x521) Image search: [Google]
CZLtx1DUsAA_i1g.jpg
41 KB, 576x521
This is all hypothetical

I rear ended a woman on a highway and we both pulled over to the shoulder, we both got out and I asked if she was ok, she immediately asked for money. First 100 then 200. I agreed and went to the adjacent exit and found that she did not follow at which point I panicked like a retard and left. She may have thought the next exit but i picked the one right next to us.

About 5 -7 hrs later i notified both city and state police of what happened. Both said nothing was reported and i left my info. It has been a few days, less than a week but this includes this weekend so i dont know if the cops do that sort of work during the weekend or wait til monday but no one has notified me of anything

Im fairly sure she did not get the plate number but not certain.

Should I start talking to attorneys now? I have not yet been charged with anything. How much would one cost(Ballpark)?

Before this i have only had one out of state speeding ticket and thats it for my record.

Can i finance an attorney? Or did i just ruin my life because im a fucking idiot?
>>
Ive barely been able to sleep or eat since this fictional event happened. Dont be like hypothetical me bros.
>>
In all honesty she most likely does not have insurance, she instantly asked for money which is a clear sign she is a greedy fuckwit that's too broke to pay insurance.
You notified police first about the incident, so even if her money hungry ass reports it, you're in the clear since you were first, and she obviously didn't care enough, or had enough money to press charges with an attorney.
All in all, it was an accident, and you happened to crash into a scum bag driver with no insurance. Don't rush into any legal involvement, as you will pay more than she will be able to give you, since again, she's probably a broke bitch with no insurance.
Don't worry about it, you're fine.
>>
ditto, she didn't have insurance. Which is why she took off. Just thing about it for ten seconds you lucky moron.

>anon gets a silver plated gift land in his lap
>he has an autistic fit of panic and nearly trips over his feet to turn himself in

Do not report it. Pay the repair if any yourself, it will be cheaper than the increase of insurance if you call the claim. Also you would get in trouble for causing it then running (from their point of view) and would get in trouble.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>17366998
Thank you for the reply anon. Im just one of those dudes who assumes the worst outcome. So its not really nescessary to talk to a lawyer until something actually happens? Im just worry i wont have enough time to find one if i need one, ive never dealt with anything like this before
>>
>>17366897
Lawyers won't talk to you unless you're sued or charged because they don't have a place to start advising you.
>>
>>17366897
You're from Louisana or something right?
Why did you make this same thread again?

If the police haven't come snooping around, you're in the clear. That lady is just trying to con you out of a couple hundred bucks, no more no less. Again, if the police haven't asked you to come in for questioning - she did not press charges. This sort of thing happens fairly regularly, people don't want to complicate the situation anymore than it needs to be (police, courts, attorney's, insurance, raise in rates/costs, etc).
>>
Don't worry OP. If it's just body work (Bumper) it's most likely plastic, you can fix it yourself by pouring boiling water over it, and it will pop right out.
Trust me, the time, effort and money involved with filing a claim, rising insurance rates (technically your fault). And attorney costs, are just a waste. As I said, she's too broke for insurance, so can't afford shit either. I'm 99.99% certain she won't press charges since she flaked on having a civil meet up to exchange info. She's definitely not smart enough to get your license.
>>
>>17367019
Well its my word against hers and i rear ended her so im worried she would have her own version of what happened. I understand i was still stupid. One good thing i guess is that with all the interactions of police that ive had they really didnt do anything. When my guns were stolen they didnt even fingerprint, when my debit card was stolen they didnt do anything when i showed them where they used it and when i called they didnt even really give a shit, just asked my name and number and a vague description of the vehicle, didnt ask for plates or vin.
>>
>>17367034
I was in that thread but not from that state, i remade it to ask if i need to start talking to a lawer now or wait. I dont think i asked that before.
>>
No you do not need a lawyer, relax, it will be off your mind in no time, like I said earlier, she's a fuck wit, no insurance. Just fix your bumper and you'll be okay.
The more you dwell on something as stupid as this, the more it will consume you. It's a funny story : "the time some bitch tried to get $100 out of me"
>>
>>17367082
Thanks, youre right.

>>17367043
>>17367034
>>17367031
>>17367019
>>17366998
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.