[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: houses.jpg (9 KB, 340x148) Image search: [Google]
houses.jpg
9 KB, 340x148
How do you guys handle the feeling when you lost the chance to tell the girl that you've been hanging out with for 3 years that you love her....

I just graduated highschool and I'll be leaving our country-side town to study in the city. she's also leaving for another place though... heck I can't even sleep. the sadness that I know I won't be seeing her again...
>>
>>17345976
I met her in grade 10, the same year when I decided to turn my life around and meant it. the first day of school I joined the math club, the homework club, and the running team for the summer and fall season. i met her in my first running team practice session. I joined group b (there are 3 groups, a, b ,c) because I thought I was an average runner. boy was I wrong, that first run nearly broke me, I was shambling at the end of it. But during the run, i managed to make it by following the stride and pace of this one girl which prevented me from overdoing it or from losing the pace.
>>
>>17345976

I was in a similar situation and I told her that I loved her after a friendship that lasted years.

It wasn't mutual and it killed the friendship, but I don't think I would have been able to live with myself if I didn't try, so.
>>
>>17345986
The first run was a us going around half of our entire town, turning at the biggest convince store in our country side and passing through the small parcel of tress which the people treated as an intimate nature walk. anyways. when the run was over, I was coughing my lungs out but after a pitcher of water and alot of deep breaths (the couch told us not to sit cause that strains the leg muscles) I was okay, It was my first time to go home that late and I didn't have my usual group of friends to walk me home. So I started to walk home until I saw that girl which i was tailing in the running team. I just noticed how pretty she was in her gym shorts and her running jersey. She was all alone which made it real easy to approach her. found out she lived in the same way but abit more east. We then started to talk about the running team first, then after that about school, then about a myriad of topic until we just noticed that we were at the crossroad between our homes. She said goodbye, and that was my first solo experience with a girl for that long.
>>
>>17345990
man I wished I confessed. I really regret it.
>>
>>17345998
after that it became a common occurance to walk home with her after practice, then it became a common occurrence to walk home with her after all school days, until it gotten to the point where we actively sought each other out before leaving school.

we would often get sidetracked, go off to other places before we went home, we would walk to that small nature walk, we would traverse the tall grass to go to the patch of forest in the town, we would go visit the ice cream parlor, go to the town hall, to the nurseries, to my cousin's farm. to all places. we would just adventure across the town.
>>
You will forget about it once you're an adult.
>>
>>17345999
She hasn't left yet, right? Couldn't you still do it? Call her. Meet up. Since you won't see her again you could hang out one last time.
>>
>>17345990
Good on you, doesn't matter that it killed the friendship you've got more balls than most men nowadays anyway including myself I can't even tell the girl I've been dating for awhile that I love her in fear that it will kill what we've got.
>>
>>17345976
It's one of those weird things. after a few months or a year you will get over it, but you wont forget. There was a girl a few years back that a worked with, really pretty, genuinely sweet, and a joy to talk to. She was tall and had a stunning Mediterranean complexion. I felt some chemistry between the two of us towards the end of the summer we worked together, but I never said anything because in a few days she would be off to Spain for school, and would not be back next year. When I saw her last we said our goodbyes and said we would miss each other. I don't know if a relationship would have worked given she was headed to parts different than me.

I don't really fret too much over it, but every now and again I feel a tinge of regret for not trying. I imagine it will be the same for you, you will move on, but never quite forget.

tl;dr: You just gotta move on from it, there's no avoiding a little bit of regret you might feel in the future, that's normal. Just don't let it consume you.
>>
>>17345986
>homework club

u wot
>>
>>17345999
Call her. Meet up with her somehow. It'll hurt if it's not reciprocated but it'll hurt worse if you let it eat away at you inside.
>>
>>17345976

this is just the youngness talking trust me

when you're young things like this feel like they're the whole world
3 years feels like a long time now but the older you get the shorter it will feel
and leaving your home town to go to the city is actually probably the best thing that could happen in this situation because it should easily make you realize all of this
even if you stayed you would still realize it
>>
>>17346632
home work club is a club that organizes people to do homework together after school. Really enjoyed it there and it saved my ass in some occasions.
>>
Odds are this isn't true love yet. You'll probably be okay, anon. You'll meet some girl while in the city, and forget about this current girl. At least to some degree. You'll look back and fondly remember that you had a crush, but she won't mean the same.

At least, this is most likely. I'm 30 years old and the girl who got away is this girl I met in high school and hung out with through my college years.
>>
>>17346007
in grade eleven we became best buds and did everything together, got her into the homework club, she got me into her circle of freinds (which was awkward, cause her friends are either super protective of her or likes to gossip about her), heck we even went to regionals together. in the summer we would visit the beach together and in the winter I would stay at her place. she loved the fall though, she liked the wind and the crunching leaves and we would just walk around town stepping on any leaf we can find. I also learned how to cook thanks to her. because each time i visit their house I would see her help her mom in cooking and always asked me to come help. heck in the summer It became a routine for me to visit for lunch. My mom was furious though, thought I was free-loading... which I kinda was.

We also had those moments of just us siting in a bench for hours, talking and gazing at each other and the roofs of other houses. sometimes she would rest her legs on my lap as if I'm a leg stool. But I didn't mind, she liked it and I liked being there for her. that was the best year of my life. I had a wonderful chorus of friends and one special one which I hung out with as often as I can. I loved it.
>>
>>17346719
then in grade twelve, I saw her less often, I still visited her classes though and she visited mine as well. But we weren't able to hang out everyday like last year. I got a part-time job in the convenience store and since i had money I treated her to the ice cream parlor each time we went walked home. I really liked seeing her happy, cause she's so beautiful whenever she smiles. her eyes just gleam like diamonds when she's happy and my heart races when she looks at me with those eyes. I swear to god. and those days when we would finish all of our homework at school and just laze about the entire day in the bench but our talked changed from the funny things that happened in school or the jokes we tell eachother but it went to our futures and what we will do. first off, it was jokes, we talked about how cool it would be to live under the same apartment complex when we're older, had plans of taking care of a dog together, and told each other our schemes on how to woo the ladies (my part), or in her case, how to seduce a man. then the days goes by where we never changed the topic, We had it all planned out. we would go to the city together study at a university, find an apartment, adopt a dog in a shelter, take shifts walking the dog, (she'll be on friday-sunday, and I'll be on mon to thurs). she'll cook for me, and I'll just have to clean the room. man It was fun pretending.

Each time I dropped her off from her house, she hesitates from going inside sometimes I would tease her to stay with me and we'll sit in the curb infront of her house and we'll talk some more. Sometimes I'll remind her about practice the next day and that I needed time to sleep so she should too. and sometimes she'll just outright say that she wants to talk to me some more and I'll entertain her. had fun until we can see the moon on top of our heads. Heck sometimes even I would make an attempt to "flirt" with her by horridly reenacting lines from the rom coms or from romeo and juliet
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.