[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cope with the fact that my friends just can't party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
How do I cope with the fact that my friends just can't party as hard as they used to anymore and rebound?

I'm just finishing up my annual beach 4th of July weekend with my friends. These are my old high school/college drinking buddies, people that used to be able to rage into what seemed like infinity.

Yesterday, most of the group didn't even drink, some left early, one slept for 15 hours. It was just four days of drinking. I know I'm an anomaly here, and I'm not mad at them or anything for not being able to keep up, but it seems like no one can. Everyone has turned 30 but me - I have just over a month to go.

I know I'll probably get a lot of "grow up, partying isn't fun when you're older" kinds of messages, but I'm not ready to stop and I feel like I'm coming to the end of the line.

How do I deal with this? Anyone else in a similar scenario or dealt with this?
>>
Younger, 22, but used to party with two friends that could actually keep up (summer vacation was a drunken stupor, for my 21st they took me to Bangkok and you can get a tray of 50 shots for about 7$), they went off into the military and now the only other pals I can drink with get hammered off of a couple of beers or two mixed drinks. I'm finding that the only solution to the problem of having friends that just can't hang in there and play hard is to make friends that can. I met my new drinking buddies who are much older than me by spotting the heavy drinkers that handle their shit all night at my favorite bar and socializing with them if it's welcome. Go to drinking environments or party environments and just try to make friends with people who stay long and don't fade out.
>>
>>17326581

do what you want for as long as you want.

you are an anomaly, sure, but that does not make you entirely unique. while you may not be able to get those amazing nostalgic party vibes with your own friends, you can make new party memories with new friends. worse case scenario tag along with some youngins. it may sound lame but if you find the right group it can be fun.

this will take plenty of trial and error but if you really feel the need to party hard, you gotta work for it.
>>
The obvious solution is to find a younger group of friends to do these partythings with, and have tamer get togethers with your old friends. Even if you won't resent them for not keeping up, they will probably be able to tell that you want to go harder. It is easy to become resentful of a friend who puts (even unspoken) pressure on you to go further than you want.

You can still have tons in common with them without having this need in common with them, and you can get it out of your system with other crowds. Then you won't be disappointed if a party with them doesn't turn out as crazy as you sometimes like it, either.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.