[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you actually interact in public with people you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1467049072418.jpg (246 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1467049072418.jpg
246 KB, 1000x1502
how do you actually interact in public with people you don't know if you want to socialize.
how do you approach a person.
I'm not autistic but i have severe social anxiety and this is just beyond my imagination. i don't want to be alone but I don't "get" how to just walk up to someone and talk.
are there any videos where people just do this or something?

I feel like almost everyone always has some kind of (very)short term goal in their had already and is busy with something else. I can't relate to that.
Very often I'm just at a place and exist and have nothing particular on my mind. As soon as I notice people looking at me or talking to me I'm in shock for a short moment.
I'm super ashamed of that.
>>
>>17326506
My friends forced me to talk to a girl in public because I have the same problem as you and it went kinda well, didn't get a number of anything but it was surprisingly a nice conversation. I did have the luxury of making it slightly less awkward by joking about my friends kinda making me do this and the fact that she was just texting on her phone waiting for a class before I approached.

What helped me prolong the conversation was asking and talking about things I know about, finding common ground. Maybe that's what you need to look for.
>>
>>17326506
Working at a retail job actually helped ease my shyness by forcing me to talk to other people (I was a cashier). That's one idea.
>>
>>17326629
why didn't you get her number? were you just afraid to ask?

>>17326634
I worked as waiter at a restaurant when I was at high school. I grew into that particular role and got more confident on talking to people on this professional level. but desu it didn't really help me outside my job environment.
nowadays I'm working a kind of office job where I don't have contact to too many different people except my colleauges and professional relations
>>
>>17326778
>were you just afraid to ask?
...Yeah, pretty much, I regretted it that night and tried to find her in the halls to try again but never did.

I was doing pretty well in the conversation I think but t started getting anxious when I thought of doing that. I kinda got fucked up while growing up and it's hard for me to see myself as someone appealing and those negative thoughts bubbled up I guess.
>>
>>17326925
the rejection is never as bad as you think it'll be.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.