[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i know if a gun is powerful enough to kill me? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
How do i know if a gun is powerful enough to kill me? I know pretty much nothing about them, and I'm super poor, so I have no idea what's the cheapest one that'll definitely get the job done.

Pic is the cheapest one at a local place, I'm guessing it's not good enough
>>
generally speaking anything larger than .22 are good enough to get the job done (though a .22 will kill you, just not quickly) your pic is a taurus which is a meme gun, don't buy it

If you want to kill yourself get a 12 gauge shotgun, they're usually quite cheap and when you use it to kill yourself there's no way you can fuck it up. Sometimes when people try to blow their brains out they accidentally jerk the gun at the last second and shoot their face off instead so they have to lie there in agonizing pain while they slowly bleed to death. That wont happen with a shotgun because it will literally cause your head to explode like a pumpkin, there will be nothing left. Be sure to do it in the woods or something though, that's one hell of a cleanup job.
>>
>>17316537
Not OP here. I can't believe how fucking hard it is to commit suicide. Wtf.
>>
>>17316542
eh not really, I work in EMS and I've seen quite a few suicide attempts. Most were half cocked cries for help where some girl downed a bottle of tylenol or something (which wont kill you, but it sure will fuck up your liver, so enjoy your liver failure in 5 years) but I have seen a few that were successful. Saw a woman who took a kitchen knife and sliced open her throat, the blood had spurted out to the other side of the room like a geyser. Then another time a guy had taken a fentanyl patch, which is a painkiller 100x stronger than morphine, and swallowed it. I'm sure he died painlessly. Then another time there was this guy who had used his belt to hang himself in his closet. He was a real little guy too, probably not even 5 feet and when I went into the room the door to the closet was shut so I opened it and BOO there he was, it was like one of those popout skeletons.
>>
>>17316542
Well, it's quite easy to do it. It's just hard to do painless one. After all we are biological machines made to procreate and create more biological machines. It's conterproductive for our purpose to have easy off switch.
>>17316523
Why don't you just jump from somewhere high? I always found abandoned high building very romantic.
>>
>>17316557
if you do this be sure to blindfold yourself, people who survive falls always report an instant and intense feeling of regret as they see the earth approaching
>>
>>17316537
Ok thanks, will do. I didn't want to use a gun because of the whole cleanup thing but it seems like the easiest way

>>17316557
My city doesn't really have any buildings that are tall enough that would also be accessible for some random person
>>
>>17316571
I'm telling you, just go out into the woods and do it there. You've been eating animals your whole life, why not give back for once?
>>
>>17316586
Huh I didn't think of that. Well at least I don't have to feel bad about someone having to clean it up. Thanks
>>
>>17316595
Care to tell your story of why?
>>
>>17316557
>After all we are biological machines made to procreate and create more biological machines. It's conterproductive for our purpose

please don't show off your creationism.
>>
>>17316626
Had nothing to live for a year ago
Found someone to live for
Lost her
>>
>>17316645
Well you know they say it can suck now but you can still meet someone new. Maybe you can use the "nothing to lose" suicidal mentality in your favor to do fun stuff too.
>>
>>17316635
that's not what he was saying at all, biologically speaking humans are designed to do one thing and that's survive long enough to reproduce and care for offspring so they too can reproduce. There's no god in that, its just what we are.
>>
>>17316626
Why wouldn't it be for a girl
>>
>>17316647
I'm super poor and live in a crappy city, not much to do

And I'm not interested in meeting someone new, I've never been someone who was even interested in relationships, she just made me happy as a person
>>
>>17316656
biologically speaking humans aren't designed for anything, they just happen to be good at reproducing.
Unless you consider that they have a designer.
Which is a creationist position.

Words have meanings and implications, lad.
>>
>>17316659
Not really for a girl, hell she knows what I want to do and made me promise I wouldn't but she won't know anyway
>>
>>17316667
you knew exactly what I meant you fucking autist
>>
>>17316677
I was honestly not sure.
I mean why bring up so many teleologically charged terms in a row, if your point is just "humanity wouldn't have survived if killing yourself was as easy as taking a piss"?
>>
>>17316647
>Maybe you can use the "nothing to lose" suicidal mentality in your favor to do fun stuff too.

Spot on.

>>17316662
Ask yourself this though: can it get better? From what you say it can. You owe it to yourself to try to get through this.
>>
>>17316787
I generally do what I can to be happy, but nothing's really worked except being with her, but now that doesn't work either. At this point I don't see what else I can do and I don't really feel like trying
>>
>>17316667
>biologically speaking humans arent designed for anything
We do have a designer, it's called genetics. Read the Selfish Gene. Actually study biology instead of assuming you're an authority after a precursory google search. Pull your head out of your ass and stop forcing literalism on yourself.

You are designed and guided by genetics to procreate. Failure to do so only demonstrates that you've gained the capability to resist instinctual urges.
>>
>>17316523
Could you tell me a bit about yourself?
Age, education etc.?
>>
>>17316523
I think you should seek help, honestly.

But for the sake of preventing misinformation, any caliber bullet between .22LR and .50AE fired from a hand-gun has functionally identical lethality when it comes to killing people. Your body can only resist so much trauma, especially to critical places like your heart or brain, and pretty much any gun has significantly more than enough power to induce lethal trauma.

Again, I honestly, seriously believe that you should simply call 911 or go to an ER and seek emergency assistance for suicidal ideation.
>>
>>17316523
Caliber is queen, but shot placement is king. Particularly if it's yourself you're shooting, as you're really only getting one go at that.

As an exreme example, a .22lr (which is the kind of round you'd give a 5 year old to practice with) through the eye socket is likley to drop a man like a puppet that's had it's strings cut. Equally a .50BMG (which is a "fuck you and your body armour and the wall you're hiding behind" kind of round) through the palm of your hand is never going to kill you - although it'll hurt enough that you'll wish it did.

For the best combination of low price and high power, you want a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 3½ magnum slugs. Just be sure the gun can take shells of that size, otherwise it'll KB and instead of dying you'll just be stood there with your hands turned in to clouds of pink mist.

If you're going to by a shotty though, get yourself a couple of cases of birdshot and go innawoods and have some fun with it first. You might even enjoy it enough to consider changing your mind, and it's a great way to meet new people.
>>
>>17316802
18, HS senior next year, interning at an IT place
Guess you could call me a normie, I hang out with friends sometimes, play games, whatever.
At this point I don't even have the motivation to play games though.
I know I probably sound like some normal edgy teen crying over nothing but I don't really care

>>17316808
Thanks for the info, although someone else already told me what I need to know. Not gonna seek help though, I'm not really interested in having someone try to convince me that everything's ok just to feel like shit again a couple days later
>>
>>17316823
Is birdshot expensive, whatever that is? I kinda just want to get this as soon as I get the money
>>
File: 1379287192350.jpg (84 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1379287192350.jpg
84 KB, 750x600
>>17316823
*3½" magnums. The inch part is really important. Don't put three and a half shells in at once, it won't end well at all.
>>
>>17316836
No mate, birdshot it dirt cheap. Expect to pay about 0.30c a shell in the US.
>>
>>17316831
>I know I probably sound like some normal edgy teen crying over nothing
you most certainly do, didn't you even say you're killing yourself because some girl dumped you

pathetic
>>
>>17316864
Nah I dumped her
Like i said she was the only person who made me happy but that's gone now
>>
>>17316866
Of course. There's only seven billion people on the planet. There's no way you'll ever find someone else.

Make sure you have some NIN playing when you off yourself, you little edgelord
>>
>>17316872
What's NIN?
>>
>>17316877
Fuck, I'm old.

Listen to Linkin Park or whatever it is edgy kids listen to these daya
>>
>>17316879
I think that it would be like "Bring me the Horizon" or something

And to answer what you said, I know it's possible to find someone else but I don't really have any interest in doing that. Every aspect of life outside of talking to her was pretty boring anyway
>>
You haven't even started life yet and you're already quitting. From another 18 year old, that's pitiful.
>>
>>17316523
anything in .357 caliber at point blank is good enough to kill you.

actually pretty much any handgun can kill you easily at point blank, as long as you can hold a gun steady and pull a trigger without spazzing out like some kind of retard
>>
Shotgun would be better 99% chance of success
>>
I thought this was dead already
No need to answer anymore, people have already done that

>>17317201 Yeah, I guess so. What can ya do
>>
>>17317219
Uh, not kill yourself and actually try?
>>
>>17316523
You're looking for something in .380, .38, .357, .40, .45, or 9mm with a barrel longer than 2" but no longer than 5'. You'll want high quality self defense ammo and those calibers will have lots of options at any gun store. Winchester Ranger/SXT or Defender, Corbon, Federal Hydrashok or HST, Winchester Gold Saber, Speer Gold Dot, Hornady Critical Defense, or Buffalo Bore would all be decent options. Behind the right ear, as straight as you can get it, maybe with a slight upward cant is what you want if you want to go fast.

Don't do it at home. On a bridge so you hit a body of water is your best bet.
>>
>>17317231
I don't really feel like I have anything to live for. I've always been miserable. My family even talks about how I was always a moody kid.

It's not like I sit around and try to be sad all the time. Like I said, I try to go out and do stuff but I don't really seem to actually enjoy anything.
>>
>>17317252
So make yourself something to live for. Kill the person you are right now. Run away, be piss poor in a new place and build from the bottom up. Travel around on almost nothing. Really experience what the world has to offer. Push your boundaries. Then see if you still feel the same way.
>>
>>17317260
That sounds like some sort of stupid thing you pulled out of a movie
I'd rather shoot myself than die of starvation over the span of a week on the street
>>
>>17317252
have you told your family how you feel?
>>
>>17317303
I told my older brother but nobody else. He might've told someone else but I doubt it, I'm pretty sure he's the only one in my family who knows
>>
>>17317313
ok then talk to your parents about how you've been looking for a gun to kill yourself with
>>
>>17317317
Why would I do that?
>>
>>17317275
Of course you would with no planning.
I dunno, steal some money from your parents so you won't starve. Or get a minimum wage job and save a little. Use your head.
>>
Not OP, yuropoor.

How do I kill myself without spending too much money?
>>
>>17317359
My mom doesn't have any money to steal
And I started to apply to jobs recently but now I don't really see any purpose
>>
>>17317317
So he gets trapped in an asylum and can't get a job anymore.

Nice thinking buddy
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.