[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl from Australia here. I picked German as a foreign language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 193x261
Girl from Australia here. I picked German as a foreign language tot study as I chat a lot with a guy I have met online and I thought it would hence be easier to learn German (I thought being able to speak another language fluently was cool and German is widely spoken). We met via a common interest in Game of Thrones. I later had the opportunity to fly to Germany and when the question of meeting irl arose he started acting in a strange manner (eg. clean Facebook, wanting to bring a brother to our meeting when I have never talker to him or see photos of him, never confirming our itnierary etc. I cancaled our meeting.

After traveling to Germany, I fell in love with German culture. Used to dislike it as all I knew about it was WW2. Should I honestly tell others why I originally picked German? Should I tell acquaintances, Germans I have just met, coworkers at a German company where I work part time for a week, a pen pal addicted to Game of Thrones who knows my cousin, etc?
>>
>>17312150

I bet you're a Danyfag

kys
>>
>>17312150
>Should I honestly tell others why I originally picked German?
No just tell them you thought the language was interesting.
>Should I tell acquaintances, Germans I have just met, coworkers at a German company where I work part time for a week, a pen pal addicted to Game of Thrones who knows my cousin, etc?
No that is not relevant to anything why would you ever tell them that unless you were at some sort of party and the current topic of discussion was "weird people I met online".
>>
>>17312175
What if they ask me why I picked German though?
>>
>>17312150
i stopped reading as soon as you used "hence" inappropriately. but have a sage for your trouble
>>
>>17312179
You simply live the german sausages
>>
>>17312179
>"Hey anon, why did u picked German to learn?"
>"no particular reason."
>"Okay."

Did you expect people to go full autism and
>"No, you must tell me! I must know!"
>"You can't leave until you tell me why you learn german! I suspect that you're a nazi!"
>>
>>17312150
>girl here
>hey, hey guys! girl here
>i'm a girl btw
Cancer.
>>
>>17312298
It is so strange to pick German though. It's not like there is a huge German-speaking population here
>>17312788
No I mean that guy I have met online may have bad intentions because if my gender
>>
>>17312298
I fucking died reading this. Lol
>>
>>17313100
>It is so strange to pick German
No it isn't.
>>
>>17312150
Well it's never a shame to learn something so feel free to say why. I'm actually amazed you can speak it for that reason.
>>
>>17312150
Honestly OP there is nothing wrong with learning a language or getting to know a culture because you are fond of someone. It is actually quite cute and shows how open minded you are.

I myself learned japanese for a girl I liked. It never worked out longterm but I still remember some words and if people ask me how come I know that I always tell the truth. In my opinion it also shows you are over it and can seperate the positive part (you learning and living in a new environement) from the negatve (this guy being a massive faggot). Just enjoy yourself and the experience!

Anyway it is quite funny to see people coming from Australia to Germany. Usually it is the other way around. I myself now at least 6 people that went there.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.