[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked am I now, presumably ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
For not taking the antidepressants and stabilizers as prescribed?

For the last months I've been: going on and off the medication whenever it occurred to me until it made me physically ill, tapering/reducing it, went on them again, then cold turkey a few times, then doubled the dose, etc. And other crap like this

Currently, have been off them for the last days. I felt more like a normal person but I can't tell if it's an effect of discontinuation. However, I can't sleep at night without sleeping pills so I'll have to have to start a high dose of them again.
>>
>>17308994
Your body takes a while to adjust to the meds if you've been taking them regularly.
Screwing around with them like this kinda messes up your mind and body's ability to do this.

Are you attempting to harm yourself?
>>
>>17309003
I´ve been on them for over 9 months, and lately, have been feeling awfully suicidal and fixated on death. I think I may subconsciously be aiming to cause such an imbalance that would come to support the idea that 'it's never going to be okay, i'll never be okay'.

But I took them regularly before this and got used to them, it hit me that I may need something else or just more. Adjusting for the 'perfect moods and state of mind'.

I've only found out information on the internet about the effects of discontinuing abruptly but not screwing like this with them. May I have caused an imbalance in the brain and there's no 'fixing' it now?
>>
Taking them like that is more likely to harm than help you. They're not M&Ms -- you can't just take them whenever you feel sad. They have to build up in your system to help you (this is a gross simplification but I don't understand the actual neurology behind antidepressants.).
>>
>>17309023
I noticed quite quickly effects when doing this.
Say, libido is close to zero when taking them, and it explodes after a couple of days of no pill. No creativity and motivation whatsoever while on them.
>>
>>17309020
>it hit me that I may need something else or just more.
You're not a doctor. You need to tell yours that you're doing this, and establish steps that help you take your medication regularly.

>May I have caused an imbalance in the brain and there's no 'fixing' it now?
Talk to your doctor.

>>17309033
Sertraline? That symptom went away after 1.5 months taking it steady.
>>
>>17309036
Cypralex - and it acted quite the opposite. I was a different person, outgoing and sociable with plenty of energy and desire (bordering on promiscuity) but then it went away after a couple of months or so of taking it regularly.
>>
>>17309054
Did you tell your doc about any undesirable side effects?
>>
>>17309056
Yes, about all of them. The same response - you have to take them as given, regularly and expect results in time. Does 'in time' mean a few years?

I'm planning to change the doctor and see a second opinion for other medication or dosage. I'm just afraid the damage is done now (which, funny thing, impulses me to keep screwing up with the pills) and that it's hopeless and the mood swings cannot be tamed.
>>
>>17309064
Weeks, months, years. Take them regularly as prescribed, report all changes, and then they can begin fine-tuning the prescription to fit you.
Yes, I think it's pretty fucked up.

Do you have a family member or friend that cares enough to make sure you're taking your prescribed dosages?
Getting a second opinion is fine, I wouldn't delay.
Tell the whole truth, and then actually do what they tell you to do.
Good luck.
>>
>>17309064
>'m planning to change the doctor and see a second opinion for other medication or dosage.
That's pretty much rule number one of psychology treatment
#If a doctor doesn't work for you, change. Don't be ashamed
>>
>>17309076
>>17309080
Yes, I pissed them off and made them worry with this bad habit.
Thank you, I´ll try to temper my impatience with getting immediate and long-lasting results.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.