[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Probably have the herp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: giphy.gif (477 KB, 490x365) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
477 KB, 490x365
Long story short, I've likely caught herpes from my ex. I'll know definitively within a couple weeks, but I'm pretty sure. How do I accept having to step out of the dating scene forever?

Assuming I don't become an asshole who sleeps around and infects other people, how do I accept having literally everyone's deal-breaker?

>inb4 an hero
Wouldn't be able to hurt my parents like that. Gonna have to deal with this for at least a couple decades.
>>
>>17307856
Raw deal, dude. I feel you. same thing happened to me. The good news? I only had 1 breakout, the initial one. That was ten years ago. I haven't had any breakouts or symptoms since then. I'm not on any pills for it, either. I've had unprotected sex with my wife for 7 of those years and she has not contracted it.

If I ever DO get a breakout, we'll stop having sex until it's over. Minimizing the breakout is as simple as going in to the doc to get a few days worth of pills, and it clears right up.

Will you be as "lucky" as me? Maybe. Some people break out constantly. Others, like me, go for seemingly ever without one.

Either way, it's not as bad as you think. You need to use protection until you've met your "forever" partner, and only if they're cool with you not using protection at that point.
>>
>>17307872
Thanks man. I appreciate your optimism, but I don't understand how I can find a "forever" partner without scaring everyone away the first time we get intimate.

I didn't notice any symptoms with my ex, and I wore a condom every time, but I still seem to have gotten it. Knowing that, I wouldn't be comfortable sleeping with someone without letting them know the risk. And that early on in the relationship I can't imagine someone being willing to look past it.
>>
>>17307856
How do you know you have the herps? I'm also concerned I got it but don't show any of the classic signs yet my research on the internet has scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>17307899
I found out that my ex had it while we were dating. We broke up less than two months ago, and recently I've noticed a few bumps that don't look quite like zits develop on my lower stomach under my pubic hair. They don't look as bad as the pictures on Google, but I'm fairly certain they aren't pimples.

I also have swollen lymph nodes right now, but admittedly they could be unrelated as I have a generally weak immune system because of other health conditions.
>>
>>17307934
Hmmm... Yeah I don't have that. I just have these like random mini blister like things on my feet but they aren't regular blisters. I read you can get herpes outbreaks on your feet too. I also read that it could be syphilis too.... Fuck I'm so scared.
>>
I'm in the same boat, but I think I have HPV instead of herpes. I'm depressed
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.