[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every 4th of July, my friends and I go to the beach on a trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1080x1207) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1080x1207
Every 4th of July, my friends and I go to the beach on a trip to our friend K's parents' beachside condo.

Over the past 5 years, K has let me do all of the planning for our group, since I'm pretty good at it. Her parents have a strict limit of a small amount of people - really, the condo can only fit 6 people in beds, I don't mind stretching though.

Here's the issue. K's boyfriend is 22 years older than all of us. It's fine, we can deal with that. But we were already stretching to 8 people this year. Now the boyfriend says he's bringing a friend. It's going to muddle the dynamic, since none of us know this dude, and I have zero clue where he's going to sleep, but it's probably not going to be in the room with K and her guy, since they'll want to fuck, or the guest bedroom, since the other couple will want to fuck. So the rest of the guys are gonna have to share the living room with this random dude that's way older than us.

What should I do? K seems to be oblivious to this being awkward. I want to tell her boyfriend that it's not cool and he's intruding on our time honored trip. Thoughts?
>>
I say make the guy's friend share a room with them. If they wanted time to fug alone they shouldn't have brought in some rando uninvited. Bring up the fact that it's not your condo or K's, but the parents, and you want to honor their rules as much as possible.
>>
>>17296551
Agree with this. He's his friend, there's no reason any of you should have to share a room with an older stranger if he wants to come along.

>K seems to be oblivious to this being awkward
Probably because she thinks that no matter what, she and her boyfriend are going to have a room to themselves. If you put him in their room, I bet she'll suddenly start getting involved
>>
>>17296505

>What should I do? K seems to be oblivious to this being awkward.

You do nothing. The trip isn't yours. The condo isn't yours. The condo belongs to your friend's parents and if she wants to sleep in a bedroom with her boyfriend she has every right to do so.

Going behind her back and telling her boyfriend he isn't welcome to come to a house owned by his girlfriend is a move you don't have the right to make.

Yeah, he's probably a jackass. Yeah, it'll probably be awkward but when you own a condo you can be as awkward in it as you want.

If you don't like it, don't go on the trip.
>>
>>17296673
>I Lack Reading Comprehension: The Post
>>
>>17296673

...What? Go back and try again.

>>17296681

Srsly.
>>
>>17296681

I'm confused. Did you read my post carefully enough?

Any conflict concerning the well being or use of the condo is between her friend K and her parents, not OP.

Going behind anyone's back to make decisions concerning how the condo is being used is not OP's job, nor right. Not only is it not OP's right, the only thing it will do is make K angry with her, which will in turn do far more damage to this "time honored trip" then sleeping in a living room with a stranger will.

OP rants about this guy and his friend not coming because it will "muddle the dynamic" but forgets that it isn't their place to decide who gets to come and who doesn't. What if YOUR parents owned some property and your friend went behind your back and told your significant other they couldn't come because it would "muddle the dynamic"?

I'm not on K's side at all but owning something means you get to do what you want with it.

Please read this post thoroughly a second time before responding if you struggle with processing information the first time.
>>
>>17296706
>>17296681

Are you guys trolling? Is english your first language? Do you understand the concept of ownership or are you ignoring that because it doesn't support your argument?
>>
>>17296707
>Going behind her back and telling her boyfriend he isn't welcome to come to a house owned by his girlfriend is a move you don't have the right to make.
Are YOU confused?

And did you not read the bit where OP said that K put them in charge of arranging this?
>>
>>17296711
Are you telling me that >>17296673 didn't miss something? Where did OP suggest telling K's boyfriend that he can't come?
>>
>>17296707

First, you said she has the right to sleep in a room with her boyfriend. This is true.

Second, I am not telling her boyfriend he cannot come. He is completely welcome and has met everyone in the group. He has gone behind everyone's back on the trip to bring his friend along.

Third, she specifically asked me to PLAN FOR THE GROUP. I ran everything by her first, and five days before the trip, get blindsided by the fact that my friends and I are going to have to sleep in the same room as some 50 year old dude we know nothing about. Now, my friends are reluctant to come. I am reluctant to go. Many of us have already purchased flights and are going to be crammed into a situation I was not apprised of before it's essentially too late to fix.

It was literally up to me to decide who was coming, what flights we were taking, who was going to drive, who would get which bed, because she did not want the responsibility to do it more than at the very top level.
>>
>>17296505
>oblivious to this being awkward
Nothing about this should be awkward unless your guy friends regularly spend nights in the living room giving each other head, and you're worried how the new guy might react. Or you're autistic.
>>
>>17296727
Just put the dude in K and her boyfriend's room. She'll suddenly want to be involved in the planning, I promise you.
>>
>>17296848

It's awkward because we don't know the guy, and there's barely any room to sleep as is. We'll all be in the room on an air mattress and pull out sofa while he's sleeping I don't know where (there's barely any room). We'll be laughing and drinking and carrying on all night with 10+ years of inside jokes and shenanigans, and he'll be... sitting there? In a sleeping bag maybe? In a corner?

I mean, I've met him a few times. He's a pretty quiet guy. Not a bad guy, but just not the kind who will jump right in with our jokes like it's nothing. It's a five day trip, too.

>>17296892

She seems to be ignoring me about anything relating to this issue and even the suggestion that he share the room with them. It's a common thing for her, just to kind of do the ostrich thing and stick her head in the sand and hope everything will work out. But she won't answer.
>>
>>17296961
Look at it as an opportunity to get to know someone else, rather than an obstacle to enjoyment. If he's significantly older, he'll probably be indifferent and not mind that you have your own inside jokes etc--he'll probably mostly keep to himself.
>>
OP again -

For what it's worth, he's coming, no ifs ands or buts about it. So we're gonna have to deal.

Thanks for talking it through, anons.
>>
>>17297026
He is probably a decent guy if K wants to bring him along. And as long as you don't have to share a bed with the guy it's gonna be fine. Just tell him to bring his own air matress or something else to sleep on.
>>
>>17297026
njinoibhbohnljkn
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.