[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for femanons: When are friend requests on facebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Question for femanons:

When are friend requests on facebook creepy? A girl I used to text and kinda see has been appearing in the "people you may know" lately and I want to add her, but am not sure if it would be creepy. Things kinda fell apart after she moved away and we haven't spoken in a while.

I've also heard that the people you may know may be based on who's looking at your page, so maybe she hasn't forgotten about me...
>>
Take my reply with a grain of salt because I'm not the average person that has 500 friends, 400 of them people I don't know, on facebook.

The people I add/confirm are family, friends, work/school friends, and friends of friends that I've had pleasant conversation with. If you used to talk to her a lot before she moved away, I'd say go for it. She may be interested in reconnecting with you. But if you only talked once in a while, refrain because she probably doesn't even remember you.

However, people tend to be more liberal with their friends lists than me. A higher friend count feeds the ego, so she may accept your request just for the +1 friend.
>>
Facebook is pretty low-risk desu. As long as you just friend request her and don't message, you won't look a fool even if she ignores/rejects your request.
>>
wtf kinda insecurity is this?
worst thing is she doesnt accepts, blocks you and moves on
holy fuck some of you people are so fucking scared
>>
>>17278293
This. If you had any personal contact with her at some point, it isn't creepy. And I mean personal conversations, not being in the same room on some birthday party or something like that.
>>
>>17278297
Rejection stings, senpai
>>
1) Have you ever asked her out?
2) Assuming you have ever asked her out, did she turn you down?

If the answer to BOTH of the above questions is yes, then a friend request is creepy. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>17278307
>Rejection stings, senpai
Aye, that it does, but pining stings worse.
>>
>>17278300
We hung out a few times. Texted on and off until it stopped altogether. only reason I'm considering adding her now is because fb has been suggesting it which makes me think she may have been on my profile... Hopefully she'll want to reconnect but worst case senario she'll just ignore it. Thanks brahs
>>
>>17278308
No rejections. She actually initially asked me out...

I'm hesitant now because she ignored my texts
>>
>>17278376
I told you not to message her, bro.
>>
>>17278423

I didn't. What I meant to say is that we stopped talking because she stopped replying to my texts (this was 6+ months ago) which is also why I'm slightly hesitant about trying to add her now.
>>
>>17278433
Oh ok.

This is fine, though. I'd say still add her, just do not send her any cringey messages like, "Hey, I added you on facebook!" basically, you don't want to put any pressure on her. If it's just a friend request, she doesn't have to feel put on the spot since she can just ignore it.
>>
>>17278433

It's fucking Facebook bro. Just fucking add her and stop being such a faggot about it.

It's reasons like this you cock suckers complain about being single/lonely/whatever because you won't put yourself out there.

If she doesn't accept it, what is honestly the worst possible thing that could happen? Absolutely nothing is the answer.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.