[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to stop having feelings for my friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1459222548150.gif (135 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1459222548150.gif
135 KB, 500x300
How to stop having feelings for my friend?
>>
>>17277533
So you want to stop being friends with them and just have a neutral emotionless connection with them?

Probably some medication out there that could do that.
>>
>>17277554
Not really, rather I just wish I could be content with the friendship I have with her and not have to experience the inevitable soul crushing that's going to occur when she does eventually get a boyfriend herself.

But I doubt that's possible so I'll look into these meds.
>>
Meds are sort of like those engine oil and gasoline additives that claim to clean your engine, repair blown gaskets, and clean your injectors.

Yeah, we want them to be true, and sometimes they appear to work, but deep down inside we know that they're all a crock of shit.

This is such a stupidly simple problem, and drugs is the first thing you hop on? You're hopeless.

Understand that your experience is entirely subjective, OP. It's not that you can't change, it's that you don't want to change. Deep down inside, you're holding some hope that you will be able to get together with her. Resolve that.
>>
>>17277533
You and I are in the same boat. Feelsbadman
>>
>>17277563
dw man I was kidding about the meds. You're are right though on that I'm not willing to change. I've been needing to talk to her about it but I'm happy with how the friendship is going at the moment, and we actually had a talk about me liking her about a year ago. She didn't want to lose the friendship herself so she suggested that we just act like none of it happened, but I'm just anxious thinking about what she'll say if it happens a second time. I did stop liking her for a while after that but I guess the feelings just found their way back since then and I've just been acting like a friend around her ever since, at least that's what I think I'm doing.

>>17277606
hold me
>>
Fall for a different girl. That works pretty reliably for most people.

Or if she feels the same and is single, consider dating.
If it's a real strong friendship, it usually survives even if it turns out you're not romantically compatible.
Depends on both of you though, if you know you can't do this then better not risk it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.