[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For two years ive had an extremely bad panic disorder. I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1464544488699.png (643 KB, 700x1623) Image search: [Google]
1464544488699.png
643 KB, 700x1623
For two years ive had an extremely bad panic disorder. I would go whole days feeling like i was dying. It got to the point where i had to stop working. I havent had a job since december. Im on meds now and im feeling a lot better, but im still dealing with anxiety on a daily basis and ill have a bad panic attack once every week or two. Im not open to trying other meds or increasing my dosage, and dont ask why, its a whole other story. Im not open to it though.

So my question is, what are proven ways to reduce anxiety? And im not talking about techniques to calm down in the moment. I mean, what are some ways i can reduce my overall anxiety? To keep that fight or flight response from triggering all the time? Would seeing a shrink help at all? I tried doing that when i was in my state of two year emergency and it didnt help much, but now that its surpressed some, could it help? Any ideas?
>>
>>17259964

>>17259964

>For two years ive had an extremely bad panic disorder.

>Im not open to trying other meds or increasing my dosage

So you have a disorder that causes severe chemical imbalances in your brain and you aren't open to changing or increasing any medication that fixes the chemical imbalances in your brain?

Nice.

Definitely be a shrink but like, also, don't be a fucking idiot.
>>
>>17259976
sometimes there's only one thing out of dozens & dozens that even begins to work. there are perfectly rational reasons to not want to change one's dosage
>>
>>17259976
what did i say, dipfuck? dont ask about it. i have my reasons, now go suck a cock kid. thanks for your useless input.
>>
>>17259985
>>17259976
>dont ask about it
>"u should try different meds or change dosage"

apparently no one here can read. you faggots are useless. im out.
>>
>>17259985

>there are perfectly rational reasons to not want to change one's dosage

Yup, because people with extreme anxiety disorders who have absolutely no medical training are infamously rational people.

I'm not saying you should take more medication, I'm just saying being completely closed off to the idea is idiotic.
>>
>>17259985
shit sorry, im a little drunk lol i misread your comment. but yeah ive already lost interest in this thread anyways. peace.
>>
>>17259989

>apparently no one here can read. you faggots are useless. im out.

kek. you're a fucking chode. fall to sleep on some train tracks. that'll help your anxiety.
>>
>>17259991

>i started a thread and now I'm throwing a hissy fit and leaving because someone on the internet told me something i didn't like
>>
>>17260001
>>i started a thread and now I'm throwing a hissy fit and leaving because someone on the internet told me something i didn't like
>>17259989
>apparently no one here can read. you faggots are useless. im out.

>yet another dipshit that cant read
>>
>>17259990
i'm not OP, dude
i've been there and i know other people who've been there. when it comes to mental health medication, the patient's input is actually asked for and given merit, because unlike with physical illnesses, mental illnesses are completely defined by their symptoms, which the patient often understands best, or at least has important insight into
>>
>>17260008
this.

i didnt start this thread for advice on meds as i clearly fucking stated.
>>
>>17260008

>when it comes to mental health medication, the patient's input is actually asked for and given merit

Nowhere did I say that patient input isn't important. Entering into any doctor's office or treatment facility with the preconceived notion that you're going to refuse any change or increase in medication regardless of a doctor's recommendation is foolish.
It completely defeats the point of seeing a doctor if your response to their professional opinion is going to be refusal.

>>17260007

Don't come to /adv/ if you don't want advice. Sometimes people tell you things you don't want to hear. When you act like an idiot, people will call you out for acting like an idiot.

Get the fuck over it, you insolent child.
>>
>>17260024
>Don't come to /adv/ if you don't want advice.
dont give advice on something i didnt ask for advice for, moron.
>>
>>17260020

>i didnt start this thread for advice on meds as i clearly fucking stated.

yeah, well we don't care what you started this thread for now because you're being an asshole. I thought you were leaving?
>>
>>17260028

>dont give advice on something i didnt ask for advice for, moron.

then don't ask stupid fucking questions on /adv/. no one here is going to cater their information to your stupidity. if you want to be coddled and only told things you want to hear go run to your mommy, not the internet.
>>
>>17260030
>yeah, well we don't care what you started this thread for now because you're being an asshole.
yeah, its a little frustrating when you make a thread asking for advice, and then idiots insist on discussing something i specifically said i wasnt interested in discussing. dont give advice, youre useless.

>I thought you were leaving?
yeah so did i, i guess im not, huh?
>>
>>17260020
honestly i find seeing a shrink helpful (though i have to find a new one). also while this is not quite what you're asking for, i've found having an emergency box with calming & distracting shit & lists of coping mechanisms helpful. it's pretty sustainable as something you can go back to, i have a variety of stuff in there though it's only like halfway done
>>
>>17260033
>then don't ask stupid fucking questions on /adv/.

>hey i want advice on thing number 1 but not thing number 2
>well u should reely consider stuff about number 2

>im the one being dumb

youre fucking incompetent.
>>
File: 1464479322478.jpg (834 KB, 1214x1239) Image search: [Google]
1464479322478.jpg
834 KB, 1214x1239
>>17260036

kill yourself. you managed to become unbearable to talk to after only 4 posts.
>>
>>17260039

>im the one being dumb

YES! Finally, the one fucking intelligent thing you've said this whole thread.
>>
>>17260038
>i've found having an emergency box with calming & distracting shit & lists of coping mechanisms helpful.
not a bad idea.
>>
>>17260040
>you managed to become unbearable to talk to after only 4 posts.
keep crying about it you lil cunt.
>>
>>17260042
thanks bud, wish i could say the same to you.
>>
wow, why is everyone getting so incredibly off topic with their moralizing instead of actually giving useful advice? this is like when you pansies won't even help someone safely commit suicide no matter how dedicated they've proven themselves

i really wish there was a different anonymous imageboard with decent traffic and better politics than 4chan
>>
>>17259964
I worked my anxiety down from high panic to no panic. I no longer need any meds and I handle stress fairly well.

If you're spiritual, get some temple/church/pagan-death-cult-rituals in you. The fellowship is really the key thing.

Get exercise. This is stupid huge. If you just can't make yourself, try walks around the block in the afternoon, or yoga at home in the mornings. Yoga is really relaxing.

Cut back on chocolate and caffeine for a while. It helps quite a bit. Dark chocolate seems to be okay, but in general, the more natural the food, the better you'll feel. Bonus points if you make it from scratch for yourself. I'm not a food guru, but it does help.

Stop visiting 4chan. Seriously. You'll notice your self-esteem will rise, too.
>>
>>17260062
i'm not OP, but how do i find out about other pagans near me who aren't awful? i'd love to share that shit with local people
>>
>>17260062
appreciate the advice. im not religious, i do take a 10 minute walk every day (part of my anxiety is being a hypochondriac, and with all the days of pounding heart and palpitations and shortness of breath, things that elevate my heart rate give me anxiety, so these little walks are about all i can do right now), i dont do caffeine, and i have been eating better lately, but i could improve. and 4chan isnt something i do a lot, i come on here a couple times a week if im bored.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.