[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there's this cute Muslim girl who works at a pizza shop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 236x236
So there's this cute Muslim girl who works at a pizza shop I go to on my lunch break...and well after the whole gay club shooting thing and Trump back to bashing Muslims, I decided to tell her today I thought her hijab looked pretty on her. She got really bashful and smiled but I can't help but feel like I offended her. Is there something I'm missing here?
>>
>>17257783
I doubt you offended her, she's probably just bashful.
>>
>>17257783
Speaking entirely from experience, meaning that this is a rather one-sided statement, you didn't offend her.
I used to spend a lot of time, with a Muslim girl, from the school I went to, back then. We had a lot of fun and talked about many different subjects. At one time, we got to talking about her Hijab. I asked her why she wore it and things like that, and at one point, she mentioned that not many people had respect for her choice. She told me, that a lot of people would actually (verbally) attack her, because of the Hijab.

Maybe the one you talked to, was simply surprised, that someone would actually go as far as to compliment it.
>>
>>17257783
>flirt with girl
>responds positively
>assume you offended her anyways

I don't really know what to say. Everything about the way you think and live is irrational
>>
Of all the things to compliment, you chose the symbol of her oppression; a reminder of her second-class citizen status. Nice job.
>>
>>17257788
Perhaps there were some elements, that would lead to OP's assumptions? You can't possibly think, that you've been given the entire script, to how this situation played out, can you? Things happen, beyond what people mention.
>>
>>17257792
That's quite a Western thing to say. I've never met anyone, who felt forced to wear their Hijab.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but the Hijab, in and of itself, is not a sign of oppression.
>>
>>17257783
>look at my progressiveness
>apreciating your cultural heritage
>i much like your muslime-ness

"your hijab looks pretty" is something you say when there's dozens of women around you wearing a hijab everyday. why did you feel the need to point out the one thing she doesn't have in common with every other woman? why do you need to reduce her to that?
you could've complimented her face, eyes, tits, ass whatever but instead you complimented her muslimeness
>>
Probably just surprised that you spoke of her Hijab in a positive light. Especially after Orlando, many probably insulted her for it
>>
>>17257783
>y-your m-m-muslim headrag looks very p-pretty t-today

Am I the only person who pictures this?
>>
File: sf.jpg (89 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
sf.jpg
89 KB, 275x275
>>17257880
>>
I'm dating a Muslim, that's just a normal response.
You said something about her was pretty so she was happy and shy. You could say her eyes were pretty and she would do the same. You could compliment her nose, but then she'd laugh at how goofy you are.

The are human, honest, not some alien species.
If you want generalisations - more shy ones, more friendly ones, more kinky, less bitchy, less emoness, more parental trouble.
>>
>>17257792
I didn't mean for it to come off like that, like the other anon said..I was really just trying to make her feel comfortable in America by complimenting something that maybe other people would look down on her for having. But also it was a colorful flowery hijab and she actually did look pretty with it on.

It is a shame she chooses to wear something that does have a history of oppression though.
>>
>>17257800
>stereotypical privileged suburban white girl who believes all cultures are created equal (even those with EXTENSIVE violations of basic human rights)
Fuck off with that cultural sensitivity shit. Don't act like you don't know what the hijab symbolizes.
>>
>>17257783
>I decided to tell her today I thought her hijab looked pretty on her. She got really bashful and smiled but I can't help but feel like I offended her. Is there something I'm missing here?
I doubt that you offended her, per se, but I would not imagine that many Muslim women expect to be complimented on their hijab. Some would say that it goes somewhat against the point.
>>
>>17257918
pretty sure it means cover your damn hair because only your husband may see it
but hey nobody's forcing her to wear it, i mean as far as i know... she COULD get a face full of acid or a general beat down from her father for not wearing one.
try not to get so triggered next time, we get it you have some arab fetish. i went through it too, you just wanna see that bitch naked only wearing the hijab. it's fine. don't take the bait.
>>
>>17257918
Look, mate, according to the bible, homosexuals should be killed. Do you see civilized Christians killing homosexuals? No? Didn't think so.
Same goes for the Muslim beliefs, in case you didn't realize.
>>
>>17257918

Do you ever stop to actually think about the absurdity of your own thoughts?

Imagine if someone walked up to you and started blubbering about how you should stop shaving your face and cutting your hair to combat the hetero-normative social oppression of the anglo-white oligarchy. You'd probably think them a fucking SJW idiot, yes? Or what if some guy yells at a pack of catholic nuns and them to stop being slavish, brainwashed cultists? He'd be the ultimate edgemaster. One last example - how about an 300lb feminist that writes an endless stream of vitriol about how any woman who wears a skirt is a mindless drone brainwashed by the patriarchy into filling a submissive feminine meme?

Yes, there is something that the hijab represents and there are huge numbers of muslim women who are abused and oppressed, but that does not mean that all of them are or that they should be harassed for choosing to wear one.
>>
>>17257988
Thank you.
>>
>>17257918
How do you believe in human rights if all cultures are not equal? haha
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.