[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dating profile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: images-1.jpg (13 KB, 204x248) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
13 KB, 204x248
I am 26 years old and a single full time father, My spouse passed away last year. I work 40-60 hours a week in a steel mill and raise my son with the help of mother and sisters. They are encouraging me to go out and put myself on the market again (I think its so they are sick of filling the mother role). I don't have much time to go out and meet people, I do strike up conversations whenever I get the chance. I am going to create a online dating profile and I have always been encouraged to me proud and confident with who I am.

So should I include the fact that I am a single father? Most of the pictures of me that I consider good include my son, should I go out and fabricate some new pictures or embrace the life I live and be open about my son? (though I'm not looking to bring woman after woman into my life, I will get to know her well before she meets my son)
>>
I guess my question should be, Do women find single fathers attractive and strong or does mentioning I'm a single father online dating just make me look needy?
>>
>>17255797
24 year old femanon here, you're going to get very mixed results from a lot of different women, because not everyone values the same things.

I personally find it amazing that someone gives it their all to be a good father, it means you have values and are most likely nurturing and responsible and STABLE, which is what a lot of people desire...even if not at the moment, then eventually.

It's respectful and a lot of women will consider it sexy but at the same time a lot won't, as a lot of people around this age are still figuring shit out and establishing their own futures and careers.

Don't give up, but realize that you're going to get mixed results because people will assume you're chained down to this life for the rest of your life, as you have a big commitment on your hands.

Dating older women who are already established might work out better, but again, you're going to get a lot of mixed results. You DON'T have to feel obligated to tell people that you're seeing the first few times that you have a kid. There's nothing saying you can't date and see where things go, OR you can make sure the person you're dating knows they have no obligation to take care of your kid (this is probably the safest route, as it puts no pressure and let's you both enjoy your time together/doesn't scare people off from the thought of commitment).

sorry if this is getting too long, lol. In short, no, it doesn't make you look needy. Just hang in there, and keep trying.
>>
>>17255817
yeah i would think most 20-30 something girls aren't gunna go for the whole how would you like to be the new mother of my child type relationship. it also doesn't help that your spouse passed away only a year ago, I don't know you but i'd think you would still have some hang ups and baggage about that and maybe aren't ready to love another person yet

but certainly don't hide the fact that you're a single father, i'm thinking your best bet is to find single moms around your age
>>
>>17255817
I really appreciate you taking the time to write this up. It gives me hope that I am not totally stuck, I understand not everyone is attracted to the same things and I was prepared to hear this... And you're right, My boy doesn't need a mother yet, he is still grieving about her and I would never want to confuse him. I loved his mother till the end of the world but I need to start going out and having fun and most importantly feel loved the way she loved me.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.