[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fun things make me sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 634x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 634x637
I don't know what the hell is going on but I need advice- whenever I have something im looking forward to coming up. I get sick to my stomach. Whenever I fly, I get sick before getting on the plane, before i go play paintball I get sick before the game starts, when I hang out with girls, I get sick. It's really pissing me off!!! I don't know why this happens and it's driving me crazy!!

The last time I flew, I felt absolutely fine all morning. But like 20min before the flight I get really sick and went and threw up in the airport bathroom. I almost missed my flight. I'm NOT scared of flying. I like flying, it's nothing new to me. I fly pretty often. Yet for some fucking reason I can't explain. I get sick before I board the plane. it doesn't make any sense.

Everytime I go play paintball I get sick to my gut before the game starts. And paintball is one of my favorite activities..

girls... Jesus Christ it's hell. Last time I met a girl. I was impressed with myself because I was feeling ok at first when we met up. And everything was going great. Then we went and got lunch.... I embarrassed the fuck out of myself. I couldn't eat anything. Literally, I couldn't even force food down. I'd take a SMALL bite of pasta and I wouldn't be able to swallow it. It felt like there was a wall in my throat preventing it. So I'd actually have to fucking force it down. Painfully. I actually started choking a bit. She asked if I was ok I said yes. Then 10min later I went to the bathroom and threw up and emptied my bowles into the toilet. SHE ended up finishing my plate (she's a fit girl too, but she could put food away) and I was so fucking embarrassed. I still am from that. but that same thing has happened before too.

Help me. I don't understand why this happens to me when I try to do good things
>>
Bro it sounds like you're getting anxiety.

What you have explained is pretty much how it started for me as well, except instead of flying it was trains.

Most cases of anxiety start because of an underlying reason , but there are many people like myself where it just starts out of the blue for no reason, and that is half the problem, when you look for an answer and find nothing, it sends you into a massive overthinking stage where you question everything.

I tried breathing techniques, talking to my family, doctors, every drug you can think of, nothing really fixes it, but you can reduce the severity of it with some meds.
>>
>>17254696

I just don't want to take medication. I don't understand why I get like this. It makes me nervous because I have 2 vacations coming up. And I don't want to be sick the whole time. One of my flights is First Class. I want to be able to enjoy it all
>>
>>17254689
This is a very common syndrome - in little kids. I'm not putting you down. I'm pointing out that little kids, without what might be called speed-control on their emotions, very often get so excited about upcoming events that they become over-excited and ill.

As we grow up, most of us develop a sense of "This is exciting but not all that exciting" that enables us to handle most things. (But not all - I'd love to see the statistics for brides who throw up the morning of their wedding).

You need help in reminding yourself "This is exciting and it is normal for me to be excited. But it is within my familiar experience of excitement and therefore not overwhelming." A mild tranquilizer before you fly might do it, or a session of just sitting alone and reminding yourself "I've been paintballing before. It will be fun but nothing I can't handle".

If this affects too many different things, a short course in therapy - not deep analysis but just fix-this-problem counseling - might be worth it.
>>
>>17254779

I'm 25...

It doesn't make sense. Like I'm not shaking with excitement. Yeah I'm excited. But it's not like I'm spinning around in my seat.
>>
>>17254764
Man if you dont want to take meds thats cool, each to their own, but i have found that the positives far outweigh the negatives in my case.

I went from almost throwing up in social situations to being pretty much back to how i used to be emotionally and confidence wise after like 3 months of taking a SSRI called sertroline, works really well for me for long term stability.

Valium or weed normally works well for the short term, perhaps the valium can be a last resort for flying, so you know you wont flip your shit mid-air.

If you are straight edge, honestly the only thing i would recommend is to make small goals for yourself (ie- you still WENT on a date, and youre still going to fly even if you have had bad experiences) to build confidence and exert self control in situations you have trouble with.
>>
>>17254805
>If you are straight edge, honestly the only thing i would recommend is to make small goals for yourself (ie- you still WENT on a date, and youre still going to fly even if you have had bad experiences) to build confidence and exert self control in situations you have trouble with.

yeah. what doesn't make sense is its things that I actually want to do. Like I said, I enjoy flying. So it doesn't make sense why I always get sick before getting on the plane.
>>
100% anxiety. I get this. Getting too hyped!
>>
>>17255818

It's miserable.
>>
How do I eat around girls?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.