[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which suit color is better? My friend bought a black suit for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Which suit color is better? My friend bought a black suit for prom and he is encouraging me to do the same because it is more manly and better looking, but I was considering more dark blue one (petrol blue/navy/however you call it) similar to the left one.

Which color is better to you?
>>
It's not about "better" in this case. It's a question of utility.

While you can get away with alternative colors, there are some occasions which very much call for a black suit. An example would be a funeral service. They're handy enough that I think every man who can afford it should have one in his wardrobe. It's not just about looks. They serve a social purpose. That having been said there's also some criticism about the psychological weight of a black suit outside of those particular settings. In other words, wearing a black suit in a particularly casual environment might elicit questions like "Did you just get back from a funeral?"

If however you think that this isn't a relevant issue for you, get whatever you want.
>>
>>16486614
I like the black one better, so go with the blue one.
>>
I think the more alarming part is your freind wants you to dress like him. The fuck is that about?
>>
He wants to marry you. He'll get a white dress eventually.
Go get an orange one.
>>
Maybe a mixture of those two colors from picture would be the best.
>>
why not charcoal?
>>
>>16486614
black looks sharp..
>>
>>16486743
This, but blue looks suave. It really depends on your style. As long as you get the fitting correct, you will look fine.
>>
Blue navy is more versatile, while black is typically only for formal events.
>>
>>16486772
But suits are only worn at formal events, aren't they? Where would you wear a suit at that isn't a formal occasion?
>>
>>16486614
>encouraging matching clothes

Are you sure he only wants to be your friend...
>>
>>16486784
>Where would you wear a suit at that isn't a formal occasion?
wherever, they're super versatile.
>>
>>16486614
Black is classic, I like it better. Either color you pick, just make sure it actually fits. Get it tailored if possible, it makes a huge difference.
>>
Don't wear a black suit and tie to a prom OP. It is not "more manly", your friend likely thinks that but isn't confident in his decision at all, if you do the same he reasons that if the choice isn't a good one, at least you're there to back him up.

For something like a prom you want something with some colour in it.

also go ask /fa/
>>
>>16486845
>Black is classic
for prom? no it is not.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.