[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /adv/, I'm thinking about reporting a professor to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1437831710621.png (143 KB, 437x282) Image search: [Google]
1437831710621.png
143 KB, 437x282
Sup /adv/,

I'm thinking about reporting a professor to the dean.
Should I go directly to him or just write him a letter about my complaint?

I'm kind of /r9k/ and I don't really want to talk to him in person, or know who I am.
>>
What are you reporting them for?

It would help determine if anonymity is a safe action. Also you will have more power in numbers, so if you can get classmates to send in their complaints you'll be better off.
>>
>>16482594

What's your complaint?
>>
File: 1431403783198.gif (411 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1431403783198.gif
411 KB, 499x281
>>16482609
>>16482613

1. The professor has been 5-10 minutes late to every single class. In fact, she made us take a test whenever she arrived 15 minutes late.

2. She moves tests around on the day that they were scheduled to take place (which conflicts with my study schedule).

3. She makes homophobic and racist remarks from time to time (I don't really care about this one but I feel the gay guy in the class should be concerned). Sometimes interrupts the class during testing to make a random comment on something irrelevant to the test.
>>
File: unrele10.jpg (42 KB, 538x434) Image search: [Google]
unrele10.jpg
42 KB, 538x434
>>16482630
White knight fighting for nigger homo justice!
>>
>>16482753
The class is supposed to be a professional environment, not 4chan.
>>
>>16482763
No it doesn't. It's an educational environment. I'm sorry if you feel triggered by what your professor says. they're there to make you think and challenge your ideas. Tons of ideas make people uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be explored.
>>
>>16482770

I feel like you're taking your reasonable exasperation with over-the-top SJWs, and mistakenly applying it to a situation where the SJWs would actually be correct. The professor's job is to teach the subject and treat students fairly and equally, so unless it's a class that explicitly deals with gay issues or race-relation issues, it's counter-productive for the teacher to start spouting off her opinions.

If your high-school math teacher took a break from the lesson to start sharing his opinions on the Holocaust, you'd find it unprofessional.
>>
>>16482770
>Teachers are there to implant you with their shitty ideas
>Not to teach you whatever is in the curriculum
You're really retarded.
>>
>>16482781
you realize most college campuses in the US are becoming over the top SJW. And you yourself states that you need to be so overly sensitive that you should be offended when another category of people that you don't even fall into are referenced in an "insensitive" manner. Suggesting that you yourself are an over the top SJW.

None of your complaints will be enough to get this person in trouble even if she continued with her behavior. Bringing it up at best would possibly get her to adjust.
>>
I agree with the people saying these complaints aren't enough.

You could, however, stretch the truth in multiple anonymous letters over a span of time... and convince your peers they are offended and to do the same.

Likely it is not worth the work/risk for you.
>>
>>16482793

Eh. You're just as disconnected with reality as they are. I'm all for freedom of speech, I think a lot of this PC stuff goes too far, but there are basic standards of professional behavior that existed long before this most recent PC trend started.

I don't know exactly what OP's teacher said, so maybe this is all just whining about nothing, but almost ANY person who is at their job, making genuinely racist or homophobic remarks to paying customers, could expect to get in some trouble. I'm all for freedom of speech, but this isn't a legal matter it's a professional matter
>>
>>16482815
leedle.
if you think my post alone makes me as out of touch as SJW extremists you're out of your mind.

>I don't know exactly what OP's teacher said, so maybe this is all just whining about nothing

But you're right, you don't know, you probably think I had other posts in this thread as well. PEACE.
>>
>>16482770
Are you fucking retarded?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.