[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats up /adv/ I need some advice. This summer i won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: ktt4TrR.jpg (177 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
ktt4TrR.jpg
177 KB, 500x598
whats up /adv/

I need some advice.
This summer i won't be doing nothing, so i want to lose weight. but thats the problem

>hate running
>cant do one push up

I just ride my bike every morning, but i dont think thats good enough, what else can i do to lose weight without running or exercising, not just that i want to stay motivated, but i cant, when i see other people run who are in shape im just like wow, ill never reach that point. and im lose my motivation. which m trying to say i wont lose weight.

help me, thanks.
>>
Bike riding is actually pretty good for losing weight. If you're not losing weight as it is, you need to do it more, stop eating so much shit, or both.
>>
>>17238405
>what else can i do to lose weight without running or exercising

eat the same 3 meals every day and nothing else. they can be whatever you want as long as its 300-500 calories beneath your TDEE (what you need to maintain your weight). it should be the same meals because otherwise you're hassling around every day trying to find the calories in everything you're cooking

if that is too hard for you or the idea of eating the same thing everyday doesn't appeal to you because you'd get 'bored', and you don't want to lift weights or do cardio, then you don't actually want to lose weight.
>>
>>17238412

i dont eat as much and i drink a lot of more water
>>
>>17238426
Then bike more.
>>
>>17238425

i dont eat a lot. i do lift weight, and isn't cardio like running?
>>
>>17238430
alright as usual
>>
>>17238432
it doesn't matter how much you think you eat. you need to calculate your TDEE (google it) and eat 300-500 calories below that consistently to lose weight.

if you do lift weights then do a better job.

yes cardio is running, or swimming or whatever that gets your heart rate up.
>>
>>17238449
alright alright thank you anon
>>
>>17238405
Ride your bike a lot. A whole lot. It doesn't feel like exercise, but it is.

Ride it to a swimming pool and swim a lot. A whole lot.

When you're not doing those things, walk a lot. The difference between not walking and walking is enormous. The difference between walking and running is comparatively small.
>>
>>17238460
i will start riding my bike a lot more
i do walk also, but mainly stay on the bike
>>
count calories.
>>
>>17238480
how exactly
>>
>>17238460
Yes, and running when overweight will fuck your joints.

Swimming, cycling, walking, do them all every week.

Eat small meals, 3x a day. No snacks, no other drinks except water, nothing except a few fruits per day with your meals and a multivitamin.

Once you're less fat you'll be able to do pushups and pullups, because the swimming will slowly build those muscles too.

Good luck OP, i'm trying to do the same thing.
>>
>>17238495
Thank you anon!!
>>
>>17238485
find out how much you need to maintain current weight

look up how many calories are in the foods you eat

count them each day and try to keep lower than what you need to maintain.
>>
>>17238503
ahh i see
thanks anon
>>
>>17238499
Also, try find a lifting buddy. It'll improve your strength and it's a damn good workout, you get all sweaty and shit and I end up drinking 2 liters per gym session.

If you don't have a gym buddy, stick to the cardio. But try find one. Or if you have some money, get a personal trainer for a few sessions to get used to lifting and then lift LIGHT weights on your own - if you go too heavy without a spotter you will end up with a crushed skull
>>
>>17238512

>parents work everyday
>home alone
>no car

ill stick to working out at home
>>
Also do muscle training. This is at least as effective as cardio. It isnt a problem if youre fat too. Use dumbbells and stuff and do the basic excercises, try squats, if only a few etc. Because by building muscle mass your need for calories increases. That makes loosing fat easier and easier. While on the other hand, your need for calories decreases when you do a diet.
So i suggest you to eat like anons said before, ride a lot of bike and work out as much as you can, everyday.
>>
>>17238405
Holy shit I'm 310lbs and can do push-ups. How fat are you, anon? All shit talking aside, I'm alot like you. You need motivation and that's what personal trainers are for. It's very very difficult seeing all these people in shape and not feeling shitty about yourself. All you can do is focus on you, though. You've passed the hard part by acknowledging that you need to change. Now, you just need to follow up on it. I advise finding some way to obligate yourself to workout be it a team sport, a gym buddy, or a personal trainer. Good luck anon. I hope you achieve your goals.
>>
>>17238613
im like 220 pounds but my hands are skinny as fuck. i am focusing on losing weight this time. no bullshit.
>>
>>17238647
That's the spirit!
>>
I believe in you, anon.
Try visiting the /fit/ sticky. There's some pretty helpful stuff there too.
>>
>>17238405
Personal trainer here
If you want to lose weight, the rule of thumb is to eat less and move more.
If you want to move more, you can walk about the house, walk around where you live or even walk about somewhere else.
If you want to do push ups, perform 20 with your knees under your hips, when you can do that do 20 from your knees with your legs extended, then work towards 20 full push ups.
If you want to eat less, control your portions and snack less.
If you want to eat better, control your portions and avoid processed foods, that includes ready made meals and "healthy" food.
If you want help tracking your weight and what you eat, download myfitnesspal, measure EVERYTHING and log it, your weight will fluctuate due to water weight etc but you will notice that you gradually lose weight, when you aren't losing as much weight, you need to eat less.

If your weight and activity level (I'm assuming you are pretty sedentary) requires that you eat 2500 calories to maintain your weight (your Total Daily Energy Expenditure, called TDEE for short), and you eat 2600 then walk a lot and burn 400, you will have a 400 calorie deficit.
You need to lose about 3500 calories to lose 1lb of fat, when you lose that 1lb, your new TDEE might be 2475 calories, and you will need to spend more time losing that weight or simply eat even less.

If going outside is an issue, buy a stationary bike and pedal while you watch TV, eat dinner later as well, that way you won't be hungry when you go to bed.
>>
>>17238710
i will anon thanks
>>
>>17238740

holy shit thanks anon!
wouldn't expect a personal traiber here
>>
>>17238756
There are a few people on this board who do try and give real advice.

Also
Learn to get into the right mind set
>You are not a fat person, you are working towards getting fitter
>When you lose weight, you are not an ex fatty or any stupid labels, you are working towards running your first 5k
>Set a goal to work towards, not just "I want to do push ups and lose some weight", aim for being able to do a small event or fitting into certain clothing sizes by the end of the year
>Make sure you want your goal, otherwise you won't be motivated
>Plan your meals and training times
>Make sure you get enough sleep
>Make sure you don't train when you are sick
>Exercise should compliment your life
>Find what you enjoy doing or want to try out, be it boxing, a martial art or even joining a sports team or running club
Joining a gym may seem daunting, but nobody will laugh at you or take pictures on their phones, if you go in consistently, they will respect you, nobody in the gym started out athletic.

Good luck and god speed.
>>
>>17238784
>>17238756
>if you go in consistently, they will respect you

This is important to remember, never be ashamed in a gym. It is a place of self improvement. Anyone who goes there to laugh, is cheating themselves, and is also a vain prick.

I have experienced this - I am fat too and went to the gym regularly, the staff got to know me and I felt like I was actually part of the gym.
>>
>>17238784
wow thanks you anon! :^)
>>
>>17238805
cant go to gym
no transportation and to poor
>>
>>17238811
Walk
>>
>>17238838
to far. like literally
>>
>>17238405
Eat less.
>>
>>17238405
OP still there?
eat filling foods that are low in calories like oatmeal and soup
learn to stop taking satisfaction from food, and also try to find a consistent source of motivation. What's your age, height, weight, gender?
>>
>>17238999

i just eat little food that are under 240
not over 300
>19
>6'1
>male
>>
>>17238999
>Stop taking satisfaction from food
Is this nigger serious
>>
>>17239007
what i meant by that is stop getting overjoyed from the idea of junk food. I used to look forward to eating chips and pizza, I had to discipline and remind myself that once it's done, the taste is gone and i just ate a ton of calories.
>>17239005
It might be worth it for you to start lifting weights (in addition to biking), because it burns a ton of calories both during and after the workout (the muslce repair takes energy).
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.