[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be male, 24 years old >Have trouble growing up, bullied,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1464951797542.jpg (830 KB, 1118x763) Image search: [Google]
1464951797542.jpg
830 KB, 1118x763
>Be male, 24 years old
>Have trouble growing up, bullied, unable to formulate relationships
>Raised by a single mother
>Drop out of university after being taken into police custody following a tip off by a student I was planning suicide
>Things get worse, relationship with my mother deteriorates to a point where I cannot stand even simple conversations with her
>Had some savings inherited from my grandmother in the bank
>She told me in the last year of her life that "she loved me, my real mother doesn't"
>Was a depressed NEET after her death and a complete hermit because of my university ordeal
>One day decide enough is enough
>Take a holiday for several months to live with a friend I had in america and his wife, an older couple who i used to play videogames with
>Do a complete 180, sort myself out, enroll into a US school
>Come to the conclusion that my mother is a narcissist and that my self loathing isn't justified at all
>Spend a year there but realise I was spending too much money to be in the US and there was no way for me to become a citizen
>Come home, apply for universities in the UK (where I am originally from) and because of my great performance at school in the US get accepted to a highly prestigious school
>My mother and my relationship to her has all but gotten worse, she has zero curiosity into the change I went through, is annoyed with me that I "wasted money to go on a long holiday" and wants nothing to do with me despite the leaps and bounds I have made in myself
>She starts to demand rent from me while I stay at our house

1/2
>>
>The only reason I have maintained being around her is because it is a free room until I leave for school in a few months time
>Have savings to cover my ass for the time being plus can always find temp work
>Feel completely okay with the idea of never seeing her again

So, I am torn. Abandoning your parent as a reality is a pretty extreme thing to do, but I have never once felt any kind of love from her. At times she even jokes that "if I don't like her opinion, I can fuck off". So surely this is it, I have a well grounded basis for removing her from my life, right?
>>
>>17218424
I was going to tell you to DeFOO already but you seemed to have reached the conclusion yourself.
Now try being in a similar situation but also being broke and having her and her cuckoo actively prevent you from ever getting employed.
>>
>>17218424
Sounds justified. Single mothers tend to be pretty toxic, I know your pain.
>>
Just leave her ass and let her rot alone, OP.

If somebody is a cunt to you all the time be it friend/wife/husband/parent/sibling/cousin, you're better off without them. The sooner you cut them from your life, the sooner your headaches will be put to rest.
>>
>>17218420
Before I weigh in on this - what do you mean when you say "Raised by a single mother" ?

Do you mean she would take the time out of her day to play with you, read with you, listen to you? Or just that she made sure that you didn't starve? Was she getting child support benefits from the state? Were you a mealticket that she kept alive for the checks?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.