[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1457825383865.jpg (113 KB, 505x581) Image search: [Google]
1457825383865.jpg
113 KB, 505x581
Moments ago my mother chewed my ass out for trying to talk to her about some comics after we discussed politics. She said comics, movies, and videogames were rotting my brain, making me unsuccessful, and that I need to talk about stuff normal people do.

I asked what that is because just moments ago I told her about politics about why Muhammed Ali is famous, and all she did was just leave.

So /adv/ what do normal people talk about?
>>
Don't fucking change yourself for other people. You're not normal, im not normal, nobody is normal.
>>
Tell your mom to get fucked. She's the one with the problem not you. If you don't share interests with someone, that's fine, but trying to make someone feel bad for enjoying something you don't is bullying, and not even in the 2016 everyone is triggered way. Legitimate, bullying. Fuck her mayne. I don't like comics, anime, or vidya, but if that's what you enjoy, so be it.
>>
I like to be an ass and bring up a subject my mother has in interest in. I'm generally knowledgeable in a lot of subject, and I can infer well. All I end up doing is baiting my mom and rationalize an argument to the point that she's just wrong.

That's me and my problem. I wouldn't suggest that, but maybe make more intelligent conversations? Tie it in with comics, I was amazed with Civil War for a long time, and liked the idea of tensions between being a registered hero or not. Watchmen is a good one too, to discuss how society stabilizes itself against a common cause; basically scapegoats.
>>
>>17217968
I was talking about the Red Skull having similar words to Trump, but this was after lots of talk on politics already. And all she does is talk about conspiracies
>>
>>17217857
I could tell you it's a matter of your age but a person can have 30 and talk about comics or anime just that there are priorities. A boy studying for example can love the anime but also be a good student. Remember anon, priorities.
>>
It sounds like she's the sperg, not you. Who the fuck flips out on someone because they like what you don't like?
>>
>>17217980

Kek conspiracies. Is your mother trash?
>>
>>17218004
Probably nuts and afraid that I am about to move out and she will be left all alone in this town except for her Alzheimer mom.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.