[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
here we go. >seeing a doctor because I'm depressed >4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 1342734509974.jpg (74 KB, 496x700) Image search: [Google]
1342734509974.jpg
74 KB, 496x700
here we go.
>seeing a doctor because I'm depressed
>4 months in and I'm already feeling better
>7 months and I'm feeling great
>meet girl, didn't even want to have a relationship at the start
>fall in "love"
>she straight up Mosbys me the third time we see each other (I love you, we will stay together, I never found anyone like you etc)
>happy as fuck. uni is going well, I finally have a special someone etc
>last week she says she's not ready for a relationship and basically leaves me, we were together for not even a full month
>I deal with the situation with a firm but emphatic approach. I decide to never see her
>I still feel pretty good the very same day we broke off
>days pass and anger and sadness become more and more present
>it's been two weeks now and I lost all my rational approach
>I miss her and I can't even fucking cry now

my question is: is all my psychological treatment going to waste? am I in the same bloody cesspit I was? how can I deal with this whitout going mad? I'm sorry for the poorly written wall of text and for being a faggot. jesus
>>
Shit like that isn't always worth getting worked up about. Sure relationships are fun and interesting, but they're not always going to be THE relationship that changes your life.

I'd say just focus on yourself and what you really want anon. One month isn't very long of a time, nor is it a good sign that by the third date she's acting SUPER into you.

Do something unrelated to all that, something that would make YOU happy. It's okay to miss her and the distraction she gave you, sure. But don't let THAT define who you are.

You're better than that, and sure as shit aren't going to let that keep you down.
>>
File: 1464903730553.png (737 KB, 744x750) Image search: [Google]
1464903730553.png
737 KB, 744x750
Theoretically therapy will keep helping you if you keep going. It's normal to feel like shit after a 180 turn like that- It might take a long time to get over it though. If shit ended in a month though..things probably weren't gonna last. There's no "What could have been" only "What is", and that's simply that you can't let yourself get so down over something so fleeting as other people. Accept happiness when it's there- But you have to build up a solid foundation for that happiness to rest on, or you'll find yourself here time and again. Hopefully therapy will help you build that base.
>>
>>17215233
Allow yourself time to mourn your ended relationship. even if it was only a month, you clearly had a lot of energy and hope invested in it and it's normal to be angry. Just stay strong dude you'll get over it.
>>
File: 1342603791106.gif (46 KB, 112x184) Image search: [Google]
1342603791106.gif
46 KB, 112x184
>>17215250
>something that would make YOU happy
>You're better than that, and sure as shit aren't going to let that keep you down.
dude, you just made me cry. it may be nothing coming from a stranger on 4chan, but thank you.
>>17215252
>things probably weren't gonna last
you're right, and this was my mindset at the start. I still feel like I missed something. I'll keep going to the doctor and make my life worth living.
>>17215255
yeah maybe I just need time to elaborate everything, it WAS something I put my hopes on.

In any case, I thank you, anons. It's true that we're here forever, but I keep coming back for people like you. thanks
>>
>>17215280
>you're right, this was my mindset at the start
I'm glad we could all help a bit, but I just want to point out- You can't be so caught up on how ephemeral or temporary things can be. Fearing that "good things" will end is often the path to quickening their end. It's hard to let go of doubt, and some doubt is reasonable, but you can't let it control you.

Living in that moment, doing the best you can to enjoy what you have when you have it- That's the best way to move forward, I guess. The others are right though. Do your own shit. Be the best you, not for anyone else, but for yourself. Live your life and share it when you can, man.
>>
>>17215293
I am sure I actually felt love in those moments. I just know it. I'm thinking that it wasn't going to last just now, now that I'm basically mourning her. I'll try living my life.
I wish you happiness, dude.
>>
>>17215233
The socially created relationship/marriage is a big failure.
Stay single and fuck on the side
Love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed.
Then it fades as time goes by.
Dont let women rule over you.
You have hobbies and mental stabilizing to work on. Women always comes last on the list of goals. ALWAYS.
Dont waste time worrying about relationships.
Its time for you to start living
My Brother.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.