[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Before you tell me >Back to /vp/ with you Yes, this is more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: s-l300.jpg (44 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
44 KB, 300x225
Before you tell me

>Back to /vp/ with you

Yes, this is more of an /adv/ thing where pic is highly related.

Greentext incoming.

>Go to FLGS to get my first MtG deck started
>Grab several cards, everything okay
>Suddenly, qt3.14 girl
>She's buying some loose cards on the counter, Pokémon cards while at that
>She has some odd picks - cards that don't really go in a deck together, and only singles
>She's probably collecting them
>Approach and ask her if she's collecting
>"Well, yeah!"
>Shows me a huge checklist of cards from all sets ever
>"Oh, if I had my cards here I'd help you..."

And thus we talked for a while, and I accompanied her to the subway station. She seemed quite interested in me (can tell because she was relaxed while a little nervous at the same time), and even gave me a close hug when we parted at the station.

Now she gave me the checklist for three sets, and it turns out I have 15 of these cards she doesn't have. She asked me to sell them to her, and I said yes, although I didn't set a price yet. We will meet next Friday at the FLGS for the transaction.

The question: shall I sell them to her, or do I just go "nah this is a gift, keep 'em"? If so, at a reduced price? I'm asking because I'm a huge 'tard and I can't tell if I'm setting myself up here for disappointment or if this is expected.
>>
>>17210412
>MtG
Mah nigga

>FLGS
Whats that mean?
Been a long time, kamigawa to be exact, since i touched a card.

>The question: shall I sell them to her, or do I just go "nah this is a gift, keep 'em"? If so, at a reduced price?
Giving shit away doesnt impress people anymore, it only makes you look like a fuckboi, avoid that.
Here's the best course of action imo:
Find their real actual prices, websites/magazines/guides/retailers/whatever, combine the totals up and find the one that's lowest. Keep that guide as reference if price comes up. Tell her you went with what was fairest. If the price is something like $54.78 total then say: just give me $50, or $45, and call it even. It will look like you are doing her a favor. You will look sweet to her, but not a pushover.
Now what happens next is up to you. I would ask if she wanted to go get a sweet snack or something and juat shoot the shit. Treat her like an interesting friend. Shes a girl so obviously there's sexual intrest, but never make that the focus. Make the connection, keep the "does he want me" secretive and only throw out subtle hints. Never, ever seem thristy, she is lucky to be around you and you enjoy her.
>>
>>17210502
>FLGS
Friendly local gaming store

>Giving shit away doesnt impress people anymore, it only makes you look like a fuckboi, avoid that.
Exactly what I was thinking.

>Find their real actual prices, websites/magazines/guides/retailers/whatever, combine the totals up and find the one that's lowest. Keep that guide as reference if price comes up. Tell her you went with what was fairest. If the price is something like $54.78 total then say: just give me $50, or $45, and call it even. It will look like you are doing her a favor. You will look sweet to her, but not a pushover.
Sounds fair enough. I'll go with the cheapest price then for Near Mint condition (will use Troll & Toad and cheap dollar conversion).

>I would ask if she wanted to go get a sweet snack or something and juat shoot the shit. Treat her like an interesting friend.
Fair enough, although it'd be like

>Hey, here, buy my cards
>Sure!
>Now let's use this very money to go grab food for us both

Uh, will it work like that?
>>
>>17210514
>Fair enough, although it'd be like
>>Hey, here, buy my cards
>>Sure!
>>Now let's use this very money to go grab food for us both
>Uh, will it work like that

Verbatum is tricky, you can say the same one thing in many different ways and each will have a slightly different meaning.
But thats the basic of it. You met up again, all friendly and shit, you get what you want (some cold cash), she gets what she wants (some cards for her collection) and you both go and treat yourselves and get to know eachother better.
But do NOT expect it to go down perfectly, infact expect every worst case scenario so you know how to handle each.
But you can use the "lets go get a snack" part as a way to guage weather she's interested or not. Make sure when talking to her to find out if she has time or not by taking things slowly at first and dont jump straight to business. If she hurries you, and you will be able to tell, then its a sign that either she only wants the cards and to be done with you, or that she doesnt have alot of time.
No matter how it goes you know never to force anything, its all a choice and you never get mad if the descision isnt in your favor.

Girls can change their minds for the wierdest reasons so just keep your cool and be your charming, warm, friendly self.
>>
>>17210537
Guess I'll take her to a walk or something before, given she's receptive to it. Maybe we can nerd out together while we're at it before offering her some snacks. She'll probably forget she gave me that money, and if she points it out I can always laugh at the coincidences and probably pay a bit more (the lot isn't expensive so I'm expecting it won't be enough to pay for something).
>>
>>17210560
Walk, nerding out, all sounds good.
But no, dont OFFER her snacks. Thats getting back into fuckboi territory. Offer to go with her to get snacks/sweets/food. Let her pay for her own, you arent her boyfriend. The only time u should is if she doesnt have enough and cant pay for it, then do it (as a favor to her). Like if she says she doesnt have money now, you can jokingly look down at the money she gave you ( maybe spread it out, jingle it, or count it real quick, she will look to where you are looking) then look back up at her. Its subtle but it will send the single of "well I have money", and the sign will be clear that you will pay for her. This way it all ties back into the situation with out making you look like a fuckboi.
Otherwise dont give one single thing to her for free. It wouldnt impress her in the slightest and she will respect your more if you treated her like she's a responsible adult.
Plus some girls hate being patronized, treated like they cant take care of themselves..you could see it as being nice, she could see it as disrespectful. So best to avoid it regardless.
>>
>>17210575
Wow, you got a good point there. Fine, we can go together to get something to eat, maybe a sort of dinner (if she likes burgers there are many places around that make some really good ones; if not there are other choices).

You got a damn good point, I shouldn't patronize or pay for her stuff, I'm not even her boyfriend. I do this almost unconsciously, which is worse.
>>
>>17210585
Very good. Remember its all about getting to know her and forming that connection. The cards are just a good excuse to further that end. You kind of lucked out there you sonofabitch.

But remember: she's human, not goddess
Respect, sympathy, humor.
Treat her fairly, treat your self even more fairly.
Good luck breh
>>
>>17210608
Rapport and just being there, right? Thank you bro for the advice, this was all sound! I will do as you said.
>>
>>17210608
>not goddess
Nice misogyny, virgin.
>>
>>17210611
Absolutely, be a positive, enjoyable, approachable force in her life.
Never, EVER introduce negativity in your interactions. Not even if you have a bad day and life is crushing you down, never. You have to be a force of good in her life: self respecting, honest good.
Even if she likes someone else, even if she's talking to someone else, even if she has a boyfriend/fwb. Expect that she's not single, disapointment from finding out something you hoped isnt true will kill your positivity so expect every worst case scenario.
Cant wife her? Girlfriend for some time
Cant girlfriend? Good friend who you have occasional, or frequient benefits with.
Cant FWB? Good nerdy friend to talk to.

You have options and every rung of the later is positive
Your goal is the connection. People come and go, the connection can, and most of the time will, pull you together.
>>
>>17210630
Putting another person on a pedastal is never a healthy relationship for either parties.
I havent been a virgin since middleschool.
>>
>>17210655
No, you've been a virgin since birth. :^)
>>
>>17210648
...That's a really nice way to see it. Like, really nice. You're putting a positive side to what seems to be mostly negative for most people, and I quite wish people could read this. I think I should just leave it as "oh she's a cute girl who seems to be fun to talk to" and not expect a single thing. Plus I could always make use of a friend, due to several reasons I don't have friends here so even one will work.

Again, thank you very much.

>>17210655
And a little piece of advice for you: don't feed the troll!
>>
>>17210663
Exactly! Expectations can easily lead to disapointment.
It clicked for me one day when i had a girl i was talking to off and on but only saw twice go off on me about how she hated being forced to be sexual with every guy she wanted to just hang out with (because lets face it thats usually what happens), and honestly i expected it too, she was a 40 min drive for me, and she wanted to see me "only as a friend", so i thought of it as a waste of my time.
So after i had turned her down, we didnt talk for about two weeks, but then out of the blue i hit her up, we talked and she told me how she had lost her job, for some shitty reason (she worked alot). A few days after that i check up on her and she wants some company because she feels crappy. And this is where i dropped my expectation and just went anyways. We watched a few movies, talked, and little by little she moved closer, i didnt ask her to, i didnt tell her she had to, i just kept the option open by sort of sprawling on one side of the couch. The conversation came to why she was fired and it had to do with something about a drug test from taking some of her hair, now she said her hair was thin and difficult to grow so she said no and got fired. So i jusy ran my fingers through her hair out of pure curiosity, i had a justified reason to so it wasnt violating her personal space imo. And she liked having her head touched. That broke the barrier between our bodies and she put her head on my shoulder and it snowballed from that.
We ended up having sex that night and morning, she never felt used, she loved every bit of it. I didnt expect any of that to happen, i didnt force it either. I just left the option open and did what i felt like when the time was right.
Once you get past the touching barrier (in private usually if not only) then the snowball is inevitable unless someone fucks up or situations out of your control come up.
>>
>>17210694
>she wanted to see me "only as a friend"
>We ended up having sex that night and morning, she never felt used, she loved every bit of it.
I think I need a bit more of explanation on this. I don't know, if someone tells me the very first thing I'm gonna assume it's not going to change ever, probably feel a bit disappointed, and move on without checking on her again depending on the circumstances.
>>
>>17210696
She got forced into sex alot, guys only told her what she liked to hear because she has big DS lips and DD's. She was semi-raped the week before too. Semi-raped is where you arent interested and dont want it but are coerced and pushed into it regardless. It makes you feel used and cheap, unvalued.
She just wanted someone there for something other than the wet hole between her legs.

>if someone tells me the very first thing I'm gonna assume it's not going to change ever
I used to assume that too, and sometimes it doesnt. But to be alone with a girl in a private setting nearly always leads to more.
The hardest part is getting them to want to be in a private, comfortable setting alone with you. After that its all about easing into it. Most guys are thirsty as fuck and will imediately try to dive into all the touching, going after titties, ass. Avoid that, be open, and let her come to you, and start with her head. Once you have her close, arm around her (focus on the show/movie), your best bet is always touching her head/hair. It feels good, its affectionate, and its a turn on. It also leads into kissing. Kissing turns to holding and pulling close, hands go to back/hips/legs, and even ass. At that point she has lady boners. The animal side of both of you just wants to fuck. Take a few risks, be extremly into her. I usually push her down and kiss on top of her if we ever get that quick pause where we dont know what to do. It all snowballs.
>>
>>17210724
Oh, she has a good damn point to feel like that then. I'm sorry about her.

Although, as I mentioned, she did give me a tight hug when we parted, that and a high five while we were talking, so I'm guessing there is some physical attraction at least. Of course I'm not going to go full sexual with her, that'd be disrespectful and I believe she deserves better. Plus you don't see a cute girl like that often. I just don't have to put her in a pedestal.
>>
>>17210736
>you don't see a cute girl like that often
They're actually pretty common, they just dont want to be around alot of thirsty, hungry man animals because tjey dont have the skill to turn people down gracefully. It sucks to get hated on because you didnt give someone something they wanted. Especially when you had no obligation to give it, and they didnt earn or deserve it.

>Of course I'm not going to go full sexual with her
Limiting yourself is as bad as having expectations. Dont dare get in that mindset.

>that'd be disrespectful
Not at all, if it happens it happens. Disrespect is forcing her. If she wants it, give it to her.

>I believe she deserves better
>I just don't have to put her in a pedestal.
Poisonous thought. Thats exactly putting her on a pedestal. No one "deserves" better or worse. Everyone gets exactly what they *ask* for. Never get in the thought of "s/he's too good for me". Have self respect at all times.
>>
>>17210756
>They're actually pretty common, they just dont want to be around alot of thirsty, hungry man animals because tjey dont have the skill to turn people down gracefully.
Yeah? I mean, I'm not just meaning "her face is cute". She's the kind of person I seldom see around if at all, and moreover, a person I feel like I have more in common with than most (which is a rarity). Most girls I've found physically cute are 'eh' in other areas - probably onto drugs or stuff I don't really approve.

>Limiting yourself is as bad as having expectations. Dont dare get in that mindset.
>Not at all, if it happens it happens. Disrespect is forcing her. If she wants it, give it to her.
I meant that I'm not going to make sex the focus at all. More like, if it happens it happens, but rest assured, I'm not one to put focus on sex first - only when I am 100% certain she's okay with it.

>Poisonous thought. Thats exactly putting her on a pedestal. No one "deserves" better or worse. Everyone gets exactly what they *ask* for. Never get in the thought of "s/he's too good for me". Have self respect at all times.
The fuck, I keep having these kind of thoughts. I wonder why?
>>
>>17210765
>only when I am 100% certain she's okay with it.
When you get to that point where your hands are touching the bare skin ofnher ass and nipples, then its pretty damned safe to assume she's ok with it. But even if you have doubts, the best way to tell is just put your hand between her legs, clothed at first. When youre actually able to get your hand into her panties, guarenteed soaking wet.
If her hands move to between your legs, why the fuck are your clothes on still nigger, hurry up!
>>
>>17210772
lol I don't think I'm going to move so fast with her yet, we barely know each other's names and that we both like Pokemon, and maybe one or two facts and that's it. But yeah if I'm touching her, asking myself if she's okay with it would be dumb as fuck.
>>
>>17210776
Use your time with her when you meet up with her again to go over eachothers interests and lives. Youre genuinely interested in knowing more about her right?

And yea, if she isnt interested, even when you make first moves (incase she's just shy or inexperienced), then she wouldnt let it get to touching. If it gets to touching, and then she says she isnt interested, cocktease. Drop all sexual interest and do NOT revisit it, even if she tries to.
>>
>>17210793
>Youre genuinely interested in knowing more about her right?
Of course I am and that's pretty much the plan, to get to know her better.

And if she drops any interest I won't make further progress. As I said, not gonna focus on sex for the moment!

I would like to keep talking to you bro, but honestly I'm very tired. Please have a good night, and thank you VERY much for all your advice! It's gonna prove worthy next Friday!
>>
>>17210412
>qt3.14
Bullshit. I'd guess she's at her very best a 4/10.
>>
>>17210798
Good luck! Remember your training
>>
>>17210804
Youre a little late to shitpost. OP's out.
>>
>>17210808
>implying I'm shit posting
So many mother fuckers on this site over rate women. OP is one of them.
>>
>>17210811
You are shitposting tho. You have no purpose other than to provoke.
>>
>>17210812
And to inform the OP to take a more subjective look at the woman he's courting before going around the Internet bragging about meeting an attractive woman when she most likely isn't attractive whatsoever. It's OK, anon. Don't you worry your pretty little head over it.
>>
>>17210815
Im not worried about you at all.
But from the sound of it you have ALOT of hatred all pent up.
What OP likes is his business, not yours to judge. You are dating the girl, nor fucking her. What does it matter to you?
>>
>>17210412
Back to /vp/ with you
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.