[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>server at a shitty restaurant >stingy ass general manager
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>server at a shitty restaurant
>stingy ass general manager decides he wants to eat but also wants to sit at a table and be served for some reason
>sits in my section
>I get him his Mountain Dew and chicken tenders basket with a side of bbq sauce
>never let his drink empty and make sure he's taken care of above all my other tables
>go to give him his check and he says oh that's okay just have a manager 100% comp my meal
>go get a manager and they do it
>go back to my gm and he's gone and left me no tip

I'm in the middle of trying to get out of this shitty place where they treat everyone like shit.

How do I confront my gm and say wtf how you gonna stiff me like that?!? Without saying it in a way that makes him fire me?
>>
It's too late to confront him if you're already at home posting this. Now you'd just look like a salty bitch. Next time stand up for yourself and call him out in front of everyone. There has to be a limit on how much you're willing to sell your pride.
>>
>>17205867
Your fucking manager left you no tip?
Holy shit, that might be worth getting fired over.

But, if you want to avoid that, be direct without being confrontational. Something like, "Hey, just to let you know, even if your meal gets comped, it's pretty standard to leave a tip anyway. I did serve you just like I'd serve any other customer."

HOPEFULLY the guy realises he fucked up and apologises. Even if he doesn't, firing you for the audacity to ask for a bloody tip would be so fucked up I'd like to think that he wouldn't do it.
>>
>>17205867

Just take care of your other tables first next time and get around to him when convenient for you. If he gives you shit just say that you were putting the customer first. If he gets particularly saucy just point out in earshot of another manager that you focus on customers that tip.

He will be a fucking pussy and back down because that is what bullies do. If he threatens you with firing tell him to go ahead and that your cousin is an attorney specializing in labor law.

If he still fires you then make an anonymous phone call to the state inspection board and complain about cockroaches, they will do a surprise inspection and make his life shit.

Basically you just keep escalating the situation to face the guy as far as he wants to take it.

Never take shit though, EVER. You don't need the job as bad as you think you do.
>>
You're right guys fuck him. I'm going to speak with him tomorrow. Basically saying was there a reason I didn't get a tip? I'm just gonna be straight up with him. I served you. You used up one of my tables that another customer could have sat in and tipped me well. You used up my time. I should get a tip. Idgaf if it's a shitty 10% tip but God damn it if I'm gonna let my gm walk all over me.

I'm going to apply to different restaurants first thing in the morning.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 400x259
As you can tell this is just 1 example of how shitty this place is.

When I go to apply at other restaurants they're gonna ask my reason for leaving. Idk what to say. Should I just say I don't like the management there? Or how the customers are mostly bikers and truckers off the highway that don't tip well? I don't want to bad mouth anybody
>>
I don't understand people sometimes. They seem to just not care they're being wronged and think they have no power to justify the situation themselves and would rather rant and rave about it.

Maybe I'm just an immoral piece of shit but as soon as I found out I wasn't getting any tips I'd be fucking that restaurant over raw. There's a million ways to get your money's worth. The first is a super long break. Go out and take some time. Fake a family emergency or something and go do whatever else you'd want to do and come back in an hour or two. The second and most gratifying is theft. Take your tip out of the register. So you're a little short that night in the deposit. No big deal. You feel justified in that you got what's yours. You traded your effort and should be compensated. Can't handle that? Stealing food is another great alternative. Feed yourself on their dime whatever you feel is appropriate to the effort you put in earlier. You might get free meals already, so pocket some stuff for later or tomorrow. Nobody is going to care. They all work in a shithole restaurant like you do.

Or you could confront your manager and watch as he does nothing but try to verbally pacify you. I say let it go and fix your problem yourselves.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.