[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I learn social skills without humiliating myself, suffering,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 15
File: 1416781504782.jpg (26 KB, 512x345) Image search: [Google]
1416781504782.jpg
26 KB, 512x345
How can I learn social skills without humiliating myself, suffering, or going through any undue amount of stress?
>>
>>17172248
cant reinvent with out the hurtin because ur the marble and the guy making the statue at the same time
>>
>How do I get the output without the necessary input

Practice at places you'll never go to again.
>>
>>17172248

you can't. you learn things by studying to some degree, but you gotta actually apply it. you actually do math. you discuss history. you make art.

gotta take the instructions and go play with others.

>>17172295

this helps. what you got to remember is that when you leave a situation your life is literally no different than it was before you went, and none of these people will remember you in ten minutes unless you made a good impression and made plans to meet again
>>
Can't be done once you've reach age of self awareness. You're just going to have to bite the bullet.
>>
>>17172295
>places you'll never go to again.
You can't ever escape the humiliation, it lives in your memory.
>>
>>17172312

you choose to be humiliated for the most part.
>>
>>17172248
>How can I learn social skills without humiliating myself, suffering, or going through any undue amount of stress?
You can get through it without humiliating yourself by getting everything absolutely perfect the first time. This is not going to happen. Even getting it perfect the first time won't help with the stress, though, because that comes before you try.

I'm sorry. But there's no other way. You need the courage to risk failure. There is no other path to success.
>>
>>17172248
realize that everyone humiliates themselves while learning social skills. It's THE fastest way to do it.
>>
>>17172319
No, I fucking don't.
>>
>>17172325
No, normies just get it instinctively. It's like breathing for you people. I want that.
>>
>>17172326

you actually do.

maybe you're the one in one billion people who are truly despisable, but most of what you do would be fine if you didnt think of it as awkward and draw attention to it.

either way, theres no magic option so make your choice and go have fun with that.

good luck
>>
>>17172330
it used to be for me. In middle and through high school I was what you'd call a chad/normie

However, my buddy killed himself I went into a depression and started going to 4chan.

Now i'm socially fucking retarded. I'd say the first step is get off this website.
>>
>>17172334
No I don't you normie shithead. I can't control how people respond to me and I can't control being humiliated by not instinctively knowing their cryptic social rituals. I'm not choosing jack shit.
>>
>>17172345

>i cant contorl how people respond to you

peoples responses arent what humiliate you. you can control peoples reactions, as they are reacting to YOU. so control yourself.

>cryptic social rituals

you are choosing. you are choosing to be ignorant. the world is not as complex as you make it seem. two years ago I was a NEET. now i actually have friends and a girlfriend.

all it took was realizing that i CAN talk to anyone i want to.
>>
>>17172404
>hurr durr if I can willpower through it then anyone can

Fuck off retard. The normies got it for free so I shouldn't have to suffer for it either. I just want the secret they have but won't tell.
>>
>>17172413

>people keep telling him the secret
>he refuses to try it
>>
>>17172339
Not the guy you replied to, but I've only been on here for a few weeks, and I'm still the same person. I started coming here a lot more often since there are people like me here.
>>
>>17172417
No they aren't. They're telling me to go humiliate myself. The normies GOT IT FOR FREE.
>>
>>17172421

lets pretend you are right. you're not, but lets pretend.

this is /adv/ not /r9k/. Ergo, we give advice, not coddle and agree with you.

therefore, if you arent going to take the advice, stop posting. there is no magic pill. no spell. no cheat code. you have an option you are refusing to take on principle.

you've made your choice.
>>
>>17172432
>Ergo
That's a good word, anon.
You deserve some good boy points for that.
>>
>>17172432
If you're not going to answer my question, then just fuck off. I know that what I'm asking for exists, because I see normies every fucking day that do this shit effortlessly.
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (10 KB, 146x146) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
10 KB, 146x146
>>17172444

>ERGO IS TOO COMPLEX A WORD FOR ME
>>
File: 1392195556390.gif (3 MB, 320x291) Image search: [Google]
1392195556390.gif
3 MB, 320x291
>>17172248

>How do I learn how to do something without trial and error?

You don't.
>>
>>17172450

almost as if they just did what we told you.
>>
>>17172457
They definitely did not. I've been seeing people like them for my entire life, they've just always been successful.
>>
File: 1428162338172.gif (535 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1428162338172.gif
535 KB, 640x636
>>17172458

>ive seen them do it once, so they were always like that since they were 3 years old

willful ignorance, or legitimate retardation? this board always keeps me guessing.
>>
>>17172465
They've always had friends, they've always had no issue talking to people, they've just always been that way.
>>
>>17172473

some people are born naturally social. most people are in the middle and have to work for it.

your options right now are work for it, or don't. your option isn't to sit here and whine.

will you fight? or perish like a dog?
>>
>>17172479
No, most people just get it instinctively. I can count on one hand the people I've ever seen IRL who didn't. Are you going to keep posting your ebin platitudes, or just fuck off already?
>>
>>17172248
YOU
ARE
AUTISTIC
this is not even an insult, people on the spectrum struggle with social norms.
If you see normies doing that shit effortlessly, it's because it is: it's effortless for them. They have few social blunders because they learn social norms in an innate way. If they do make a blunder, it's not that bad for them.
If that shit is not innate for you and if you have to acquire those skills/social codes manually then big news: it's going to suck. You're going to struggle with something that most people don't even think about. And even if you refuse the fact that you are on the spectrum bc >muh autism is not real
even then, read blogs about autistic because they struggle the same way you do and countless people have been there before and talk about finding out/acting along social codes.
>>
>>17172493

you knew all these people since they were two years old and watched their initial development in meeting other people?

and yet somehow cant find their secret?

the point im making is you are late to the game. but you can still play.

are you going to stop whining or actually go do something with your life?
>>
>>17172498
I'm not autistic. I've been to psychologists and only ever been diagnosed with ADD and depression.

>>17172504
Thanks for the bump, cocksucker.
>>
>>17172510

> im not autistic
> i just missed out on a basic rule of life and despite years of searching for what i believe to be the most common knowledge of all, i cant find it
>>
>>17172519
>I know more than professionals and can diagnose you better than them
>>
>>17172522

im not really saying you are autistic. just using the conversation to illustrate why you are virtually autistic.
>>
>>17172523
If I'm not autistic, then their shit doesn't apply to me.
>>
>>17172510
I do't give a shit, you have autistic traits.
Normal people don't want to "control people's reactions" or even gauge them. They don't have to, it's innate, as you said.
There's no secret, your brain isn't picking up signals that regular people pick up and integrate naturally as they grow up and interact with people in social situations.
You'll have to search and input by hand social "codes" that are literally nonexistant for normal people because their brain do it without them thinking about it. You have to think about it actively, so go seek people who have that ema problem and copy the way they fake social awareness. All in all, copy normie people who are socially aware to find out social codes, copy autists who know how to extract and apply those codes successfully.

Basically: take this comparison: when normal people push a button on a microwave it starts heating up the stuff they put inside. Your button is not working correctly. You have to open the microwave every time and connect wires and tinker with shit that normal people don't ever struggle with because their microwave does it automatically. Sucks for you, but you're socially blind.
>>
>>17172510
>only
>ADD and depression
And that makes you better and more deserving than people with ASD?
>>
>>17172533
even if you're "magically not autistic despite displaying very clear basic autistic traits", look into how autistic people deal with this, because you're dealing with the same thing.
>>
>>17172545
When did I say I was better? I just said I'm not autistic. Is reading not your strong suit?
>>
>>17172548
>When did I say I was better?
You are the embodiment of /r9k/ entitlement "buddy". You're talking about how you "only have ADD and depression" and how "their shit" doesn't apply to you, as though you are in an advantageous position to them in developing social skills.

You can throw cheap insults at people's word choice or make pure ad hominem all you want, but at the end of the day, you will still be alone and not have the slightest idea why, even though the answer has been spelt out to you many times here.
>>
>>17172585
I have a specific question, and people answered a different question then got angry when I said that's not the question I wanted answered. You self-righteous faggots don't care about advice, you just answer the questions you want to hear and spew bile at anyone you deem inferior to yourselves.
>>
File: 1462846852500.png (62 KB, 213x205) Image search: [Google]
1462846852500.png
62 KB, 213x205
>>17172248
You don't, social skills are for tamed normie cucks, be exactly yourself except more assertive instead!
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>17172637
>>
>>17172683
>Hey guys, how do I do X?

>>Here's how to do Y.

>That's not what I asked.

>>Fuck you, you ungrateful manchild, you probably have autism.

Literally you.
>>
File: 1396339560135.gif (629 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1396339560135.gif
629 KB, 295x221
>>17172637
>>17172548
>>17172533
>>17172510
>>17172493
>>17172473
>>17172458

You asked a question. We gave you a plethora of answers, none of which you liked, and now you're arguing with us because the answers we gave you require you to take a modicum of responsibility for the trajectory of your life.

Unfortunately our jobs, nor motive is to construct a "comfortable" answer for you that doesn't hurt your feelings or require you to confront your faults.

So, sorry. If you wanted to be babysat and coddled and had your poor feeling strokes cause the worlds not fair you should of asked mommy for advice, not us.

Some people are born with above average social skills. You weren't. If you want to develop a skill you have to work at it. Working at a skill requires failing and learning from those failures to get better. There is no way to avoid humiliation. There is no way to avoid failure.

Thats the truth, take it or fucking leave it, kid.

You are left with two options. You can either stick your head in the sand where no one can hurt your feelers and wait for the tide to come in or you can quit your fucking whining and accept the fact that there are no easy solutions to your problems.
>>
>>17172702
>I don't have any answer at all to the question but I'll come in here and spew shit at you anyway
>>
>>17172726
He (>>17172702) was right, but it looks like you've chosen your path. Have fun OP.
>>
>>17172248
there's nothing you can do man... you have shit genetics and will always embarrass yourself until you die
>>
This thread is either a masterful troll or a total autistic /r9k/ baby
>>
>>17172735
>"I came to this board for no reason other than to shit on people I think are below me", the post.
>>
File: 1437100512917.gif (2 MB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
1437100512917.gif
2 MB, 390x285
>>17172726

You are literally incapable of seeing past your own childish attitude. In this entire thread you've retained absolutely 0 information and managed to make yourself the victim at every turn. I'm not surprised in the least that you have no social skills. You're so terrible at socializing you managed to make a group of people a million miles away who've never even met you endlessly frustrated with your denseness in a matter of minutes.

Its truly astonishing.

Good luck, OP. You're really going to need it.
>>
>>17172765
I'm not falling for your bullshit. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE IS AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. You people aren't telling it to me either because you don't know it or you just like leaving people to suffer. In either case, why are you posting if you aren't going to answer the original question?
>>
>>17172771
By being yourself but by learning to be aggressive and assertive, tap into masculine chakras.
>>
>>17172783
>being yourself
WHAT DOES THIS SHIT MEAN. Normies spout this garbage constantly, I'm convinced none of you have ever stopped to think for one second about the meaning of that platitude. How do I go about "just b'ing myself XD"? How could I have ever been anything but myself? None of this shit makes sense.
>>
>>17172771
is this pre-2010 chris-chan
you got us OP, we have the super secret friendship formula, written on an A4 piece of paper, and we're keeping the konami code from you
>>
>>17172785
I'm not a normie, I don't bend to niceties and normal behavior and whatever, I just do whatever the fuck I want except I'm not a pussy about it.

If you're a physically unfit manchild though you should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>17172785
IT'S WHAT PEOPLE DO
WE DON'T HAVE A FORMULA BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED IT
YOUR BRAIN IS DYSFUNCTIONAL
SEEK HELP WITH PEOPLE WHO KNOW THAT DYSFUNCTIONALITY
/endthread
>>
>>17172804
>IT'S WHAT PEOPLE DO
But what is that? What is it that you're doing that you claim that you don't know what you're doing?
>>
>>17172806
nothing. we're just "being ourselves". we don't have to read the situation. we don't deal with social codes. we don't think about social skills. we don't get particularly hurt when we have a social faux-pas. it's natural.
As you said, it's like breathing: we don't have to think about it, our body does it automatically.
your body doesn't, tough luck, admit your different and you'll never have that, now go on autistic websites and see what people do to palliate their lack of social skills or keep whimpering.
>>
>>17172821
>just b urself
>>What does that mean?
>it's just what we do XD
>>and what is it that you're doing?
>just b'ing ourselves XD

I hope you get cancer.
>>
>>17172828
OP won't get anywhere by being himself because he wants to change and his self is autistic and annoying as fuck
someone has to tell him
>>
File: 1459673449159.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459673449159.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>17172804
>>
>>17172771
None of us "know" the answer to your question about the secret because most people with good social skills developed them in infancy and toddlerhood. Then a little honing in elementary, unless you had lots of siblings or had lots of playdates in preschool, and your ability to read subtle body language, cues, and tone is pretty established. It's like asking someone to give you the "secret" of being bilingual; the answer is either you develop it more or less effortlessly in your first three years of life with the plastic, knowledge sponge of a baby's brain, or you wind up playing catch up i.e. practicing very hard. You can't ask someone to tell you how they developed skill at something at 18 months.
>>
>>17173313
This is why putting your children in daycare is important. If you don't you end up with retards like OP.
>>
>>17172804
My only disfunctiins have nothing to do with this. This is caused only by a willful withholding of simple information.
>>
>>17172248

You can't
>>
>>17174103
Not true. All you normies got it for free so there is a way.
>>
>>17174155

Because we've all had our embarrassing and cringy moments of humiliation, stress and suffering. That's how social interaction works. There's no konami code there.
>>
>>17174159
No you didn't. If you ever were humiliated or embarrased, then it was in one-off events, not an inevitable result of 99% of your interactions.
>>
Talk to yourself, if you haven't been social since childhood then there's no hope, shit even if you stop being social for a couple years there's little hope.
>>
>>17174162

Read what I stated, if your social skills are those of a 3 year old, then you are going to have some embarrassing moments, point is that you learn from it and overcome it.
>>
File: baito.jpg (105 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
baito.jpg
105 KB, 800x600
>>17174162
>>
>>17174162
You're pulling stuff out of your ass to make yourself feel like you're a special case. You might convince yourself, but you won't fool us.
>>
>>17174172
>anyone different than me is baiting and just pretending
/adv/ in a nutshell
>>
>>17174175
I'm not that special a case, there are others like me out there.
>>
>>17174178
i want u to know my gf is laughing at you :^) poor lil autistic kid, go back to /r9k/
>>
>>17174183
You should bring your girlfriend's bull over here, I'm sure he'd love it too.
>>
>>17174182

Then you should listen to the advice that's being given to you, rather than dismiss them.

Unless you want to live your life as a recluse, always being considered that weird and creepy guy by your surroundings.

>Protip: Stop percieving people as 'normies' the expression is fucking retarded and if you want to get better social skills you will have to engage with whatever you define as stereotypes.
>>
>>17174188
:^) so original anon-kun!
>>
>>17174191
The """""advice""""" given hasn't been answering the question I asked. You only answered the question you wanted to answer, ignoring the actual one. I'm not interested in humiliating myself, I want the free pass you normies all got.
>>
File: 1460591345565.png (77 KB, 259x335) Image search: [Google]
1460591345565.png
77 KB, 259x335
Stop being a little pussy

Hope this helped, OP
>>
>>17172330
Nope. Everyone stumbles, even those that are more expressive. That attitude is why you still suck at socializing
>>
>>17174206
No they don't. I've never seen a normie "stumble", ever.
>>
Best way to get usd to it us to not take it so seriously. Most of the interactions with strangers mean absolutely nothing so don't act like it's fucking showtime or you'll choke
>>
File: w1eagymxvojudtujx6vn.jpg (260 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
w1eagymxvojudtujx6vn.jpg
260 KB, 2000x1000
>>17172248
>>
>>17172444
Don't skip school
>>
>>17174200

There is no freepass.
>>
>>17172458
Guess you just don't have the magic we do OP
You're a born failure so just kill yourself k?
>>
>>17174226
You all got one, I want mine.
>>
>>17174234

By learning from our mistakes. The reason as to why you've never seen anyone stumble is either because

A) Circumstantial
B) Years of social interaction teaches you how to engage and interact with people without embarrassment.
>>
>>17174238
I've seen some of these normies for years since we were small children, I would have seen SOMETHING of that nature by now if it ever happened. It doesn't happen.
>>
>>17173492
The worst thing about OP isn't that he's socially awkward. Is that he is a whiny cun5 that actually believes that what he wants is some secret that someone just points out to him and bam, instant success
>>
Op drugs is the only way to achieve this. MDMA will enable you to come out of your shell and trust me, you will Not suffer while high.

Alcohol also works. Just don't get too fucked up on either. Take enough to feel good and try to slowly come out of your shell until you are capable enough to do it sober.

A few dozen times while fucked up and you'll lose the fear of it while sober.
>>
>>17174241
You think you know people like the back of your hand. But if ypu really did then you would have had to get to know them, developing social skills along the way.

Every human being is a work in progress, just because you didn't see everyone at the starting line doesn't mean that they aren't stipl learning, or that they didn't have to learn all the things you have to
>>
>>17174241

Social skills are not bestowed upon you by some magical entity.

Social skills are complex and multi-faceted. The social skills which serve a five year old child will not be adequate for negotiating the more complex social world of a fifteen year old. Many social skills are learned implicitly but also explicitly.

I have a feeling that you are trolling but fine, I will bite. Here are the basics OP and what you should work on:

> Basic interaction skills (eye contact, smiling, listening
> Approach (How you approach people)
> Maintenance (How to share, take turns in speaking, follow the established rules e.g.
> Friendship (Show appropriate affection, involve others in decision making, be inclusive)
> Empathy (Go figure)
> Assertiveness (Saying no to engaging in antisocial behavior e.g)
>>
>>17174271

EDIT: And in general not ask for advice, and then behave like a cunt when you are given advice that might not fit in your autistic perception of the world.
>>
>>17174269
>>17174271
I already know for a fact that the thing I'm asking for exists, so if you aren't going to answer the question, why are you in here shitposting?
>>
>>17174284
see
>>17172693
>>
>>17174288

I just gave you concrete advice but you seem to be looking for some magical code that will fix it for you. There is no such code, the sooner you realize this the better.
>>
>>17174294
Yes there is, I've seen evidence of it all my life. If you aren't going to answer the original question then just fuck off already you self-righteous normie piece of trash.
>>
>>17174304

You have seen the result of years and years of trial and error. You are unable to understand it because you have the social skills of a paralyzed seacucumber. I am done trying to help you.

Enjoy being alone for the rest of your life as you grow bitter and spiteful because girls will always laugh at you for being that creepy little weirdo. Oh yeah, you'll also never get laid nor get any friends. So you might as well just prepare for an eternity of hounding r9k whining over your own selfcaused misfortune, envying us 'normies' for something that you could achieve too.

Cheers!

Bet you're a dropout too, topkek
>>
>>17174288
Maybe you try asking a diferent question or rephrasing. Because you seem full of shit to me

In the off chance that you aren't trolling I'll just say this, pride means nothing when you are in need of help, it just gets in the way. If you really are earnestly looking for help and we are not convinsing you, then see a psychologist. They can do this much more thoroughly
>>
>>17172421
>autistic
>kek
>>
>>17174312
Nope, I make > $70k and have a degree. I'm better than most of the people ITT, I just need this one thing.
>>
>>17174318

Well you'll never get it, nananananana.
>>
>>17174313
I don't need a psychologist, I just need to know what this one secret is.
>>
>>17174313

It's because my dad sneaks into my room naked at night and beats me savagely, i know I have problems but if i get the social skills i think i will be able to finally move on.

I want what you normies have
>>
>>17174324
The level of quality posting I've come to expect from /adv/. Ask a simple question and this is ultimately all people will say.
>>
>>17174325

Autist
>>
>>17172771
I know the secret.
Willing to share for $50 and 2 dank memes.
>>
>>17174325
Well none of us normies seem to want to give it to you. Aren't we greedy little bastards?
>>
>>17174334
see
>>17172510
I'm definitively not autistic.
>>
>>17174333

Oh boohooo I am so sorry on your behalf, I will be thinking of you when I go out tonight and enjoy my summer vacation, whilst socializing effortlessly with my surroundings :*

Best of luck my little autist! Maybe you'll be able to successfully speak to a clerk one day, dream BIG!
>>
>>17174339

>aspie
>>
>>17174345
That's a form of autism, which has been ruled out.
>>
There is no secret OP, we just do it naturally. You should too.
>>
>>17174346

> OP reintroduced it
>>
>>17174211

thank god you are omniscient, otherwise that argument would flawed.
>>
>Derail this thread, Mr Spiderman
>>
>>17174362

dont you dare derail my thread you fucking normie i will hack your ip
>>
>>17174365
Not OP
>>
>>17174367

Not OP
>>
>>17174367
>>17174368

Fuck off the both of you if you aren't going to give me an answer normie scum
>>
>>17174353
see
>>17174241
>>
>>17174372
Talk with people that don't make you particularly worried about screwing up.
>>
>>17174318
>doesn't have any friends
>believes in magical codes
>refuses to learn
>has a problem reading social cues
>blames others for problems
>plays the victim
>has no friend, no social life at all
>is spiteful and mean
>>i'm better than most people ITT lol

We're done helping you

inb4
>you didn't help me
If you can't see all that we have done to help you, then you are blind in every sense of the word
>>
>>17174407
That pretty much leaves no one.
>>
>>17174410
All you did was answer questions that were never asked, ignoring the one single thing I did actually ask.
>>
>>17174416
Ok, let me answer your question

You can not

>>how do I fly by flapping my arms?
>>you can't, but you can take a plane, I guess
>>reeeeee fucking normies xD

With this attitude, you will never have any meaningful relationship
>>
>>17174429
Except i know that it actually is possible.

>>How do I do this thing that 99% of all people I've ever seen do?
>>It's impossible you autistic piece of shit, just go drag your dick through a mile of glass instead.
>>
>>17174411
Then just stop caring about it. Go eat an apple and think things over.
>>
>>17172450
The fact that you call them normies already sets you up for failure. You're alienating yourself right off the bat. Believe it or not, people are not born with social skills, they pick them up throughout childhood, adolescence, adulthood, etc. They come to some people easier than others to be sure, but they didn't just wake up one day and suddenly become a social butterfly.

If you want to be social, you have to put yourself out there. You think you're so different from everyone that you call "normies", but when you start to realize that they are people just like you and me, you'll find it easier to socialize with them. It will take practice, and you will probably get hurt from time to time. The people that you call "normies" also get hurt. It's a part of life. You either take our advice and adapt to be more social, or you stay isolated. It's up to you.
>>
>>17174444
How do I stop caring about it? My lizard brain is forcing me to be miserable without social conncections.
>>
>>17174444
Check'd
>>
>>17174462
You people didn't have to work or suffer for it, you just had it like instantly. It's like breathing for you people. And yes, you are fucking normies and you are not just like me. You may as well be a different species. You didn't have to suffer for it, and I shouldn't have to either. Now if you aren't going to answer the actual question that I asked, then fuck off.
>>
>>17174466
Go eat that apple, first.
>>
>>17174477
Don 't have any. I might have a pear though.
>>
>>17174473

If you have no social skills you haven't suffered.

Enjoy being alone on your deathbed
>>
>>17174531
That statement doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>17174537

Sure it does. You have no social skills, thus you have not suffered like us normies have via awkward interaction.

And you will also die miserable and alone, it makes perfect sense
>>
>>17174540
You normies never suffered, you got it all for free.
>>
>>17174537

nobody will remember u when ur gone
>>
My girlfriend is pregnant.

Yes, I'm nervous and feel that I'm not and she is probably not completely ready. I feel guilty when thinking of an abortion. She is 6weeks and 2 days into pregnancy. There is a series of 2 medications that can be used within 63 days of conception to abort noninvasively.

Please share your experience.
>>
>>17174542

ur coworkers hate u and they talk about how weird u are behind ur back
>>
videotape yourself making a youtube-like video. For example, showing how to do something. watch video, see how you can improve how you talk and present yourself, and then make another video. repeat.
>>
>>17174562
Normies never had to do that. I want to get it effortlessly like normies do.
>>
>>17174566

ur family hates u
>>
>>17174566
the world isn't fair it's like with sport some people are talented and some have to go through hard work to be good

but if you want it effortlessly try meditation it's gonna make you care less so it not as humiliating
>>
>>17174473
I had to work for it, and I still am. Whatever you are going on about you need to let it go, because it's all wrong
>>
>>17172295
Is it realistic to find places like that in a city of 600000 people?
>>
There isn't a special magical pill to become a normie, just fucking deal with that fact.
Social skills aren't innate, its something thats improved with repetition. Sure, some are naturally more comfortable in social situations thus able to improve their social skills easier, but they've all been constantly practicing whether they recognize it or not.
Even these 'normies' wouldn't be able to casually build a relationship during their middle school days with people in their 20s. But as they age, they kept practicing their social skills unconsciously and improved along with other 'normies.'

People like you and me, we started recognizing these practices as a struggle somewhere along the road, and stopped improving our social skills. Since then, we've been stuck at more or less the same level, turning to easier medium for socializing such as 4chan or vidya.

So yeah, we missed out on 10+ years of practice, and its not like we can go back to school and hang out with kids to start learning where we left off. But its not the end of the world.

First, this 'NORMIES REEE' attitude has to go. You're only making things worse for yourself.
>>
>>17174473
Haha I've worked my ass off to get where I'm at socially, which isn't much. I had no friends in high school, was a totally shy and awkward loner. I still don't have any close friends, but I'm able to hold conversations with people of all shapes and sizes now because I just kept at it through all of the humiliation and depression and loneliness. I'm actually almost positive that I've been through more embarrassment to get here than you have in your whole life, so how about you fuck off and learn a thing or two in the mean time, eh?
>>
>>17174550
>coworkers
You think he has a job? Definitely an /r9k/ NEET
>>
>>17174818
You're full of shit.

>>17174991
>>17175023
You were cheated just like me, but you made the unfortunate choice of unnecessary suffering.

>>17175026
see
>>17174318
>>
>>17174436
Some things you just have to learn by doing. There is a lot of intuition and shit that goes into regular social behaviour. You can't just set up a flow chart that you follow slavishly. If that were possible, we'd have robots that can hold a conversation by now. (I'm sure it's possible, but it hasn't been done so far.)
>>
>>17175073
>Cheated
By whom? Your parents? Your genes? Your school? Your friends? By God?
It really doesn't matter, whatever background you come from, or whatever event that caused this can't be changed because a time machine that can fix your problem is as real as this 'normie' secret you've been asking for.

It doesn't even sound like you want to become social. You're so comfortable with your cushy NEET life (muh 70k job) that the idea of putting any work into self improvement sounds like suffering, and you'd rather complain about how you were cheated.
Well, sorry to break it to you, but no matter how much you cry about being cheated, nobody's going to come and make things 'fair' for you.
>>
>>17175107
No, you normies never had to do jack shit, it was just there for you. I won't suffer for what you got freely, I'm going to find what you faggots won't tell me.
>>
>>17175141
what are you even asking anymore?
>How can I learn social skills without humiliating myself, suffering, or going through any undue amount of stress?
That anon said it, videotape yourself, watch it, correct thing, repeat.

Litterally what the fuck are you even asking for breh?
>>
>>17175215
I want it for free like everyoneelse got it
>>
>>17175237

They are called social skills for a reason, you're not born with any of them, you have to work for it. If you're not willing to put in the work then just say so and stop wasting people's time with this awful thread.
>>
File: 1445033847979.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1445033847979.gif
11 KB, 408x408
>>17175141
Regardless of how much social grace you're born with there are always ways to improve. There is no one size fits all or method to it. Everybody has different anxieties fears and quirks so you have to find the way that works for you. Even (especially) top level CEOs and execs aren't born with natural social skills and charisma. Watch steve jobs first presentation and you'll see he could've walked right out of /r9k/.

Now for the actual advice:

What you're seeking to avoid is the exact thing you need to improve your social skills. You can mitigate some of the suffering by reading books and practicing what you learn. You MUST practice at every chance you get or these are essentially just feel good reads instead of tools for your purposes.

-how to win friends and influence people
-the charisma myth
-48 laws of power (advanced once you get a grasp of social graces. This book basically tells you how not to get fucked but its rather amoral)
-various internet articles and sites on the topic

This is a lesson for more than just your social skills. This is a lesson in failure and how to deal with failure and stress. The ability to socialize gives you more freedom and opportunity than you could ever imagine. Master it for yourself and it'll do you wonders.
>>
>>17175260
>>17175256
Not true. Normies get it naturally, they never had to work for it. i want it like they got it.
>>
File: wut.jpg (122 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
122 KB, 600x450
>>17175274
I now see why this thread has gone on so long.

Anyway have at it.
>>
>>17175073
>you're full of shit
Keep believing that, I'm not the one stuck on a wall convinced there's a secret way to phase through it rather than climb it. Let's hope that one day you mature and realize that effort is a thing.
>>
>>17175435
Why are you just sitting here shitposting in my thread if you aren't going to answer the question asked?
>>
File: 1454271146513.gif (512 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1454271146513.gif
512 KB, 480x270
You nigs posting in a fun thread
>>
>>17175450
Because it's a loaded question :^)
>muh I know normies got it for free
>>
>>17175461
>if I put "muh" in front of something that makes it instantly wrong
>>
>>17175454
>anyone who isn't like me must be making it up
>>
>>17174851
probably
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.