[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop resetting? I swear it feels like whenever I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Kanye Welephant.jpg (42 KB, 649x387) Image search: [Google]
Kanye Welephant.jpg
42 KB, 649x387
How do I stop resetting? I swear it feels like whenever I get into a positive lifestyle I either get hit with apathy or depression and start spiraling out until I'm at the bottom of a well of binge drinking and realize I need to dust myself off
This is barely sustainable now and after college its probably going to ruin my life but I'm not sure what to do to prevent my self destructive side from overtaking me in the future.
>>
oh...
>>
>>17174252

thats a sissyphus complex. you keep pushing that rock up, it keeps sliding back down.

perhaps your change is too radical. consider changing things one month at a time, slowly making habits.

if you have trouble with binge drinking consider going to AA. if your answer to that is anything along the lines of
>nah i dont need that
>nah i dont like that idea
>etc

then you are going to fail. theres an entire organizaztion and program set up to help people NOT relapse into binge drinking and you are refusing to do it for no fucking reason. so do it.

that being said, heres some plans to change life 1 month at a time.
>>
>>17174394
how to change your life:

you probably went to bed many many nights and said that tomorrow you are going to
>wake up early
>work out
>eat healthy
>clean the entire apartment
>start the job hunt
>start educating yourself on something new
>start that book
>etc

and hwen you wake up you cross off maybe 1 or 2 things then give up the next day. the reason for this is we are not meant to radically change our lives overnight. otherwise we'd all be perfect. it takes time. 28 days to be precise. doing one thing for 28 days makes it a 'habit' and something you arent likely to drop.

so what you need to do is create a monthly schedule. each month you tackle a really big change. i went through this two years ago when my life was a mess
>january: just fix my fucking sleep cycle. early to bed, early to rise
>february: start working out, at an actual fucking gym too
>march: eat healthy! not just carrots and shit, btu spend ttwo weeks without any junk to prove i can get it out of my system
>april start my new hobby / education (For me it was making a web series)
>may: start a consistent chore chart that i adhere to strictly.

you can do other little thigns each month as well. like starting to apply for jobs should probably be month 1 assuming you dont igve it its own dedicated month. when you do get a job or some major life style change, please remember that your new habits wont carry over immediately. the first week is you getting used to the job. then next week you work working out in to your routine. then eating healthy,. then chores. slowly adapting those hobbies to suit your new job or education.

its okay if you dont immediately catch on with something, thats why you have a month to get it right. the first two weeks are the struggle. by the end of it you'[re on it.
>>
>>17174398

try not to make goals you cannot guarantee, for instance
>MAKE NEW FRIENDS
>GET A GF

you cannot guarantee that anyone will want to be your friend or gf, and at best, you can only guarantee someone who is not good quality. instead, have a month where you start implenting new ways to socialize. forcing yourself to go out twice a week (not to a bar, but anywhere, you'll see in my next set of advice).

when it comes to girls keep in mind that 'working out' does not mean instant success. what attracts women is a nice physique, and it takes time to develop. saying 'IVE BEEN TO THE GYM FOR SIX MONTHS AND NO GIRLS ARE SITTING ON MY FACE YET' is silly because you have maybe just reached the point wherei t starts to show, assuming you were dedicated.

and when you do look good remember that the body only gives them interest in you physically. you still have to be the kind of person worth knowing.
>>
>>17174394
>promoting AA
>thinking that AA is any more legit than scientology
>thinking AA isn't just a scam
>thinking that AA isn't just a thinly veiled cult

Fucking kike. Gas yourself.
>>
>>17174412

doesnt matter if it works. i think its dumb myself, but my boss and a lot of his clients use it. boss has been sober for 40 years.

then again my boss literally runs a cult, so i dont fucking know.
>>
>>17174394
>>17174398
>>17174404
Thanks a ton man, I think whenever I hit this point and get antsy and think I have to fix everything at once but this methodology seems like it'll be way more successful.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.