[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: TATE NO YUUSHA NO NARIAGARI.jpg (139 KB, 416x600) Image search: [Google]
TATE NO YUUSHA NO NARIAGARI.jpg
139 KB, 416x600
>http://v2012.mangapark.com/manga/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero

>Synopsis: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is......

Only 2 chapters out so far, but apparently it's based on a web-novel that has been viewed 53 million times.

Thoughts?
>>
>>112079733

mixed up where to put the subject line. Sorry, I'm slightly retarded.
>>
File: 1352167833751.gif (235 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1352167833751.gif
235 KB, 680x680
>>112079733
>>112079806
>>
>>112079733
The first chapter started out pretty unconvincing. The plot makes it so that for some stupid reason no one wants to join his party just because he uses a shield and therefore he is weak. He is a prophesied hero summoned from another world.
And for all the trouble the king went through, he does not even allocate out the party evenly or help make the main character feels at home. So far the story seemed forced.

Hopefully, there is a reason behind this.

There are other better "main character goes to another world that resembles a RPG world" type of light novel out right now such as Mushoku Tensei and Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.
Don't know why there are so many novels of this same story lines being pumped out. It gets stale really quick.
>>
>>112080695
Happened the same thing to me, I dropped it after chapter 1.
>>
>>112080695
They mentioned that traveling together impedes progress.

You missed it.
>>
>>112080695
[spoilers]the past shield heroes basically all became demon kings, so shield hero is hated [/spoilers]
>>
>>112081060
I meant the party members. The king could have made it so that each hero would get the same amount of people serving. Even if the king didn't think that far, he should have done something about the resulting situation it so the shield hero doesn't feel left out. The same goes for the money too.

>>112081162
That actually explains a lot.
>>
>>112081162
eh? I thought it was because shield hero was favored more by the beast race that he was shunned by the humans and the king.
>>
>>112079733

Can't wait to see more of that manga. Seriously, the hero look so badass sometime, he is just like "every odds are against me, but you know what, fuck it, fuck this life and fuck everybody".
And for god'sake, his face doesn't look like the stupid naive generic "i want to save everybody with the power of friendship" hero.
>>
>>112082265
>>112081162
To be specific. The shield heroes tend to side with the beast races. The church doesn't like the beast races so as a result shield hero usually gets shit on. On the other hand the Shield Hero is usually the one that protects the people the most or something so even though he sides with the beast people, the common people tend to have a good opinion of him too. Something like that anyway.

Ironically their mistreatment of him caused him to basically follow in the path of his predecessors.

In the Gaiden story, through some time travel fuckery, Lance Hero ends up back at the start of the story and sides with Shield Hero at the start and the two of them adventure together.
>>
>>112082803
At the same time, this whole isolation deal feels quite contrived to force him to party with a hot chick instead of other guys. Bullshit like that annoys me, since I'd rather see the love interest creatively introduced rather than yet another isolation bullshit forced joining.
>>
>>112079733
>noko
>>112079806
That's kawai as fuck nigga.

Still I really liked the idea behind having what amounts to slime remora to deal with cunts.

But there's something about webnovel that I don't really like much, why the need for in-world game like mechanics ? This plus re:monster and a few other felt the need to make diegetic interfaces to explain how they have access to knowledge about themselves, are they supposed to BE in a game or just "that's how the world works we got character sheets, just roll with it" ?

>>112081162
That is not kawai as fuck nigga, use ctrl+s for spoilers
>>
>>112079733
Hopefully someone will translate the web novel.
>>
an anon posted all 6 that are out so far a few days ago.

General consensus was that it's really promising.
>>
>>112084346
Is it monthly, weekly?
>>
>>112084346
Well 4 of the chapters were just korean raws. There's a lot more stuff going on in the novel it seems, like the Heroes all had a conversation and realized they were from different worlds and stuff.
>>
>>112084438
Almost every LN manga adaptation is monthly. I say almost every, but I honestly can't think of any that are weekly, maybe some biweekly or bimonthly but most are monthly.
>>
>>112084438
yeah, and with that art quality it makes sense.
>>
File: Nice.png (156 KB, 279x527) Image search: [Google]
Nice.png
156 KB, 279x527
>>112079733
I really love that the MC gets shat on right from the get go. Really hoping he becomes a snarky bastard throughout the rest of the manga.
>>
I read thread on animesuki.
He goes back to human world with his tanuki girl, she becomes his girlfriend who loves cosplay
>>
>>112085432
There's multiple world lines apparently at the end. It sounds almost like Demonbane's ending. There's MC and Laft as Gods protecting the two worlds, one world where MC and them are in the fantasy world and stuff goes on like him becoming a lord and stuff. The other is him and Laft living together in Japan and being together.

Actually it seems like MC and Laft are always together no matter what.
>>
>>112085650
Cop out ending?
>>
>>112085729
Pretty much everyone who has read the whole series has said it started strong but kind of went and ended badly.
>>
>>112085798
So how did they get back to the world? Didn't they have to be killed or some shit?
>>
>>112079733
>using shield only as a weapon
That's pretty cool, usually it's only sword or sword and board. Surprised there's a board only MC
>>
>>112085940
It was the Fucking Goddess that killed them apparently, though something about the shield and a wish? let Laft come with him. Eventually they find a way back and they up as Gods or something though, and then there's the other world lines that they're protecting.

I don't know I'm honestly confused reading the spoilers for the series about things that happen later.
>>
File: 40.jpg (184 KB, 698x1024) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
184 KB, 698x1024
>>112086109
His shield has lots of powers and can change forms.

Also Laft best girl. Though I liked her more when she was a cute tanuki loli.
>>
>>112079733
>Thoughts?
same as the last thread?
>>
>>112081590
Did you even try to pay attention? King doesnt like the shield hero. Why would he do that.
>>
I'm still quite upset that Shield Knight stole the fastest, accurate, and dedicated translator from Mushoku.
Can someone post where to find the spoilers?
>>
Is there a place where I could find all the novels in copy pastable format so I could copy the text and use JParser to read the novel? Not good enough to read normally, unless the whole novel has furigana, doubt that.
>>
The raccoon doesn't win.
>>
File: 1377750531687.jpg (368 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1377750531687.jpg
368 KB, 840x700
>Cute loli tanuki grow up in 3 chapter
>>
>>112086978
The racoon winning is actually a cross dimensional singularity.
>>
>>112079733
DUAL SHILED . When?
>>
>>112086924
Never mind, found it

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3009bk/
>>
>>112080695
>There are other better "main character goes to another world that resembles a RPG world" type of light novel out right now such as Mushoku Tensei and Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.
>better

Heh.
>>
>>112082803
You, sir, are the cancer that is killing LNs.
>>
>>112087757
Can't say much for LMS but Mushoku is excellent and doesn't become a complete clusterfuck like this does.
>>
>>112086522
>Stole
Are you idiotic? Blame how ridiculously childish those translators are, Mushoku "stole"those translators from Re:Monster.
Those faggots are pure shit for leaving unfinished projects here and there. Fucking cunts.
>>
>>112087937
Well not as mad as you evidently.
>>
>>112088050
Well yes I'm mad, what's the point of picking up something if you are going to drop it when something else gets some attention?
It's stupid and affects the translations of those project, no one picked Re:Monster and something similar will happen to MT.
>>
>>112087937
>Mushoku "stole"those translators from Re:Monster
Oh fuck, I didn't know that happened
>>
>>112088118
I agree. I hope you're wrong about MT, at the very least there are quite a few translators. Progress will continue somewhat.
>>112088141
The very best translator is evidently extremely frivolous.
>>
>>112088201
It is possible since all those faggots are bandwagoners, in the end they will leave like 5 unfinished projects that will probably have halted translations or completely dropped.
>>
>>112087838
Honestly, I only like Tsuyokute ! New Saga amongst this kind of LNs.

For now, at the very least.
>>
>>112087937
God damn it, this happens to every other manga I decide to pick up.
>>
I'm curious to see what other uses the shield can be used for, like are there any other ways to attack besides the shield bash.
>>
>>112087838
i like LMS its been fun ride so far, to bad only like 20 outta 40 volumes are translated
>>
>>112089276
I didn't read it because it was set in an MMO, is that the case?
>>
>>112089314
Personally it's a coin flip for me. I like some of the adventures and shit but I'm really fucking tired of Weed being all wow this is pretty cool, then going immediately back to bitching about his class being Sculptor. Every fucking time.
>>
>>112089276
Why is it called LMS? I don't see a english translation for the name
>>
>>112089362
What I meant is the story set completely in the frame of the mmo? Or does it have some real life bits. For some reason that's a turn off and I don't want to bother with it.
>>
>>112089362
i agree his bitching is quite annoying after a while, but i can ignore it for the sake of grinding+awesome adventures.

>>112089400
its called Legandary Moonlight Sculptor

>>112089314
its set in VRMMO which is completly diffrent, you can bring your real life skill set into it
>>
>>112089427
it has quite a bit real life elements, the real life part are really importent part of the story.
>>
we gotta learn korean and japanese
>>
>>112089427
There's a lot of both real life and in game. For instance Weed inadvertently introduces the game to his swordsmanship master that he trained under. Which causes said Master to then spread it to the entire dojo and all 400 of them or however many there are I forget start playing.

Anyway yeah there's lots of real life scenes.
>>
>>112089538
450 muscle heads training in sword and saving ladies in distress, living the dream
>>
I read the first two chapters, it's pretty bad but I'll keep reading it for the time being.

I think the writing is the main weakness if we disregard the copy-paste setting, and to some extent, plot. The MC turns into an edgemaster quite quickly, I don't have so much of a problem with it because he got fucked with but it's a complete 180 from his previous personality. It's like they're different characters pretty much a page apart.

My final gripe is that shield. It looks like something from a Nintendo game 10 years ago, if you're going to make it a big and ever present part of the story then at least spend more than 2 minutes on a design. It looks shit.
>>
>>112090299
It's a level 1 shield, not Zeus' Aegis.
It's supposed to look shitty.
>>
>>112087805
You, sir, should explain or stfu and gtfo.
>>
>>112090299
its supposed to be shitty level 1 buckler.

the point of legandary weapon is that it evolve.

you will see later on.
>>
>>112090299
Just wait until it turns into the Wrath Shield III
>>
>>112086924
>>112087726
I just read 34 chapters and the hero gets himself a loli/ostrich from an egg and decides to become a fucking peddler with a carriage, goddamn this guy is crazy.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.