[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for all Japanese anime lovers!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: S__60702733.jpg (190 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
S__60702733.jpg
190 KB, 750x1334
Currently I am working on my school project and preparing for my presentation of how many foreign OTAKU comes to Japan to see or go to Anime events alone or with friends.
Have you ever thought about finding Japanese guides with the same hobby?
If so, would you use if there was matching web service (like AirBnb kind of...)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
>>
Huh, last time I went to Japan all I did was go to temples and soaplands
>>
File: 1461067781031.gif (309 KB, 460x351) Image search: [Google]
1461067781031.gif
309 KB, 460x351
>>140716051
>not going to cat cafes by yourself
>>
>>140716051
I guess I'll bite.
>Finding japanese guides with the same hobby
No. I'd be down for something more like people of similar interests who want to hang with foreigners and show them around.
>Matching web service like airbnb
Air bnb is pretty dope, I'd be down for something close. I don't know if I'd like to pay someone though.
If we could all chill together and they show us great places then sure! I'd be down for that.
I'd probably prefer to befriend them before going. That's just me though.

To be honest, I don't really go to see anime events. I came for the old culture/history stuff like castles and
temples. Especially the eats, japanese food is pretty tasty. I've never hired a japanese guide or gone on any
tours since many popular tourist places have some sort of english.
it's also more fun to not have someone pulling you around to sites, feels more free

>>140716560
>going to cat cafes
The best.
>>
>>140716051
>how many foreign OTAKU comes to Japan to see or go to Anime events alone or with friends?
last time I visited, my buddy and I had a base plan of trying to get to a few places in Tokyo (Ueno, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Roppongi, Shibuya) and see what interesting stuff we could find; sure we did visit Akiba, but we were looking more to get a more local experience, and trying to not bumble our way as baka gaijin.

>Have you ever thought about finding Japanese guides with the same hobby?
I would have appreciated having a local help us out pointing us in the right direction toward local eateries, shops, museums, events

If so, would you use if there was matching web service (like AirBnb kind of...)?
This could get complicated, but with enough support and information it could work. Provided advance planning for big events like concerts/conventions/festivals not just focused on anime/manga but more about learning about Japan's culture and people. Personally I'd love to visit during Matsuris, Sakura blossom viewing or even fireworks watching seasons
>>
>>140717439
>>140716560
Thank you for your reply.
I'm happy.

In what about people who are interested in animation of the event?
When you want to go to really love animation of events, but what Equally it is get to take me to love Japanese?
Of course, someone to the guide have the same hobby, it can also be a friend than go alone.
I think that more can enjoy Japan.
How about?
Thank you for reading it through.
>>
>>140716051
Guides just drag me around. It's nice to have some direction and motivation, but it's also nice to have time by yourself.
>>
Wat dis
>>
>>140716051
Have you tried asking this on /jp/?
>>
>>140719173
>>140719445
>>140719511
>>140719611
Thank you for the reply.
It really will be helpful.
This is not a guide to hire the company, matching Once you have people with the same hobby, it will guide you.
It is a C to C.
When I came to Japan, rather than to participate in the animation event alone, I feel able to go to feel free to the event along with the Japanese of the same favorite anime.
If you have this service, do you try to use?
Or, If what services are, do you satisfied?

Thank you for reading it through.
>>
>>140719611
What is /jp/?
Is the Japanese version of the 4chan?
>>
>>140720873
It is a board on 4chan for people who want to talk about japan.
/a/ is for anime and manga.
/jp/ is for otaku culture.
>>
>>140719235
>>140716051
Okay.
We went to Japan in the end of March-beginning of April for Hanami.
We were able to visit the second day of Anime!Japan (in cosplay no less).
We were able to find all necessary information online but a help of a friend from Japan was extremely important because he has ordered tickets for us (we were unable to do it abroad) and bought a Ghibli museum ticket for us beforehand.

So far we were fine in Akihabara (I am not a fan of maid cafes, maybe we have missed something but I am not sure), large Gundam etc. like one piece tower. I don't think it was necessary for us.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.