[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With Yuyushiki we had the puppet theory. With NNB we had the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: hifurisaum-725x375.png (374 KB, 725x375) Image search: [Google]
hifurisaum-725x375.png
374 KB, 725x375
With Yuyushiki we had the puppet theory. With NNB we had the plane crash/time loop theory. With Yuru Yuri we have another time loop theory. With Gochiusa we have the "Axis won WW2" theory.

What grimdark theories do you think might come up for Hai Furi? (Already we know the show takes place IN A WORLD WHERE Japan has largely sunk via seismic activity.)

(And just for past continuity's sake, what grimdark theory can you come up with for Kinmoza?)
>>
Can you briefly describe the theories please?
>>
Time loop in YuruYuri is not some moronic ebin meme fan theory.
>>
>>139134895
Yuyushiki: Yui is crazy (due to a brain tumor according to some versions), and her two friends are actually hand puppets seen in one episode.

NNB: The group's plane to Okinawa in the OAV crashes, and they keep reliving the year or so between Hotaru's arrival and their trip. Again, according to some versions, they're actually in purgatory and the end of S2 marks their realization and "moving on" (the very last seen is a fade-to-white, as in "moving into the light").

Haven't really elaborated one for Kinmoza; maybe Alice is Shino's imaginary friend; her ideal of a cute blonde girl.

Haven't seen Yuru or Gochiusa; can someone else enlighten me?
>>
>>139135131
If I remember correctly in Gochiusa Japan took over the world.The show takes place in Alsace,probably in Colmar due to the fact that there signs in French and German and the town looks a lot like a rural city in Alsace.
There is almost no adult males in the show because they were drafted in the army and every girl has a grimdark backstory.
I probably forgot a few things though.
>>
>>139135131
See
>>139134990
There's an actual implied timeloop and an episode dedicated to it in Yuru Yuri
>>
File: 1444075520374.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444075520374.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
also, yuru yuri time loop isn't just a theory
>>
>>139133698
Hai Furi: The seismic activity that caused much of Japan to sink was the 2011 Tohoku quake. Of course the even larger tsunamis devastated much of the entire Pacific coastline. Several nuclear plants melted down as well as Fukushima, so much of the remaining land is irradiated.
>>
Maybe you guys are just trying a bit too hard looking at these
>>
>>139136433
thatsthejoke.jpeg.exe
>>
This shit makes me furious.
>>
>>139133698
The charcter design is 10/10

my only concern is too many best girls and they won't have enough screen time
>>
>>139133698
>Axis won ww2
If Axis won ww2 than the street and shops signs will be in German and not French.
>>139135697
>Japan took over the world.
Same with above but with Japanese.

Gochiusa town is just some pretty town mashed together. There is no deep and political meaning behind it.
>>
>>139136433
NO fun allowed. NONE.
>>
File: CW6tGjgUMAA0U4I.jpg orig.jpg (54 KB, 927x522) Image search: [Google]
CW6tGjgUMAA0U4I.jpg orig.jpg
54 KB, 927x522
>>139135697
>>139135131
>>139140837
Gochiusa theory is reasonably explained here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4bjkee/is_the_order_a_rabbit_gochiusa_is_set_in_an/
>mfw it all makes sense
>>
>>139140837
Lots of countries let conquered nations keep their language.

For example, signs in the United States are not in Hebrew.
>>
>>139141927
>linking to Reddit
Kill yourself
>>
Don't forget the Studio Ghibli grimderp:

Spirited Away [spoier]is a allegory about a young girl sold to a brothel, to pay parents' debts.[/spoiler]

My Neighbor Totoro is about the Sayama murders, and Totoro himself is a spirit of death.
>>
File: 1436730864745.jpg (103 KB, 552x338) Image search: [Google]
1436730864745.jpg
103 KB, 552x338
>>139141927
>reddit
>>>/out/
>>
>>139142986
ctrl-s
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.