[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched Gunbuster and I honestly think it is the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
So I just watched Gunbuster and I honestly think it is the best chinese cartoon I've ever seen.
>>
It's good, but you should probably watch more.
>>
>>134629958

It's funny because after a rewatch of both with a friend I legitimately found Diebuster to be the better of the two and boy do they not make anime that looks or has that kind of vibe anymore. It's like Anno actually was holding it back somehow with his pretentious Annoism's the worst of which is a scrolling text crawl at the start of I believe the 3rd episode to apologize about some scientific term they got wrong in the previous episode that takes for fucking ever just so he can sign his name on the end. Really though it's just that it doesn't take forever to get going because it's not paying tribute to Ace Wo Narae for much of it's first half.
>>
It has some great moments, a great OST and good animation. However I have no idea how it has 6 episodes, a lot of it is just a waste of time.

The finale is definitely one of the great in anime history and better than Evas.
>>
That's because it is the best chinese cartoons.
Shame Anno never made anything else that was good.
>>
Watched it 2 weeks ago and it's probably the most overrated 6/10 I've ever seen.
>>
It is the best.
>>
>>134629958
The ending is the best I've seen in anime, but I wish it had developed the change of Noriko from high schooler to saviour of humanity in a better way, it felt too fast.
Also, I was reading a post about the jingoistic points on Gunbuster, it surprised me how many there were.
>>
>tfw 80's waifus
>>
>>134630139
the oposite happened to me, when i rewatched both i found gunbuster better than diebuster, maybe nest rewatch i'll change opinions again
>>
>>134631015
Noriko is top tier
>>
>>134631235

She sure is, dem uncensored tiddies
>>
>>134630139
I think I'm one of the few people who's going to agree with you.
Diebuster felt more consistently good from the first episode, while Gunbuster picks it up only with the amazing ending, while the first episodes are full of ridicoulus things like robots doing crunches.
I also didn't like how in Gunbuster they forced the love interest to set up the sacrifice that then motivates Noriko. It really felt forced and unnatural.
While it can be said that also Diebuster is over the top and full of ridicoulus stuff, it's like this consistently from beginning to end.
I haven't watched them in a long time, but I remember thinking that Diebuster was a solid 8 across all episodes, while Gunbuster starts as a 5 to then grow to have a 10/10 last episode.
>>
>>134631324
>good proportionate anime tiddies
those were the days
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.