[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there's not a single good Berserk adaptation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: gotz.png (440 KB, 1130x958) Image search: [Google]
gotz.png
440 KB, 1130x958
So after watching the trainwreck that was the 2016 anime i just wondered.
Is it THAT hard to adapt Miura's drawing style for anime?

Pic related is my first ever try to make guts' face in the same style as miura. Doesn't look too alike but it's my first fucking attempt. Is it really that fucking hard?
Of course it can't be that detailed in motion, but it's not impossible to make him actually look like guts.
The old anime version is the closest one, but his facial structure is still too different.
In the movie i'd say the characters look the best, but studio 4c didn't even try to make them look like in the manga.

So why the fuck is there no good adaptation of such a great manga? Is it Miura's ego? Budget constrains? Too graphic for TV format? Or just nobody likes it except a bunch of autists from the internet?
>>
Budget problems.
>>
>>144362981
The original adaptation was good.
>>
>>144363132
Yep.
>>
>>144362981
>it isn't good because the adaptations' designs have different facial structure
>>
Name one gorey anime ever with good animation. Nip slaves want to draw cute girls for dirt
>>
because Berserk as a whole is not good
>>
>>144363218
You should have said TV anime.
>>
>>144363132
Great soundtrack and good direction overall. But it wasn't nearly as polished as it could have been.
It also aged horribly.

>>144363206
I saw the anime after reading the manga. It doesn't look like guts. Just a normal guy, there's something in the way miura draws him that make's him look unique.
>>
>>144362981
>So why the fuck is there no good adaptation of such a great manga?
Anon, the majority of great manga don't even have an anime.
>>
Its not even the quality of the stills and artstyle itself. Its the fact that, in motion, the 2016 anime is absolutely horrendous. Every movement looks robotic and puppetlike. In some scenes its difficult to even figure out whats going on because they try and cover up their awful animation with so much blur. Walking animations look like they have a mouse below screen bobbing the still image up and down. The animation is terrible. The art style is forgiveable if it at least looked okay in motion.

>>144363132
This man speaks truth. The original anime is pretty great. Not amazing. But solid in every way.
>>
>>144363387
Most of them don't really need one. What would be the point of a oyasumi pun pun anime? Or an Innocent anime?

It's just that berserk has some moments that if animated would make me cum buckets
>>
>>144363352
I think it aged relatively well. It's a very different style and has a different feel next to the flash of seasonal anime, but it's not one of those shows I go back to and think "wow this looks like ass", such as old shoujo that isn't directed by Ikuhara
>>
>>144363538
> such as old shoujo that isn't directed by Ikuhara
Do you even Dezaki?
>>
I honestly believe that the Golden Age movies are the best way to introduce someone to Berserk. The eclipse feels very intense because they made Griffith a lot more sympathetic in the movies. Also, the original anime was good too.
This year's series sucks dick, yeah, but that doesn't really impress me.
>>
>>144363222
I'm gonna fucking kill you.
>>
>>144363698
>I'm gonna fucking kill you.
Are you twelve?
>>
>>144363740
>>144363698
>[CLANG]
>>
>>144363740
Psychosis usually develops in the late teens to early twenties. It is unlikely.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.