[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he a villain again? He's far more heroic than anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Makishima.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Makishima.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
Why was he a villain again? He's far more heroic than anyone else in the cast.
The stupid cunt whose throat he slit deserved it anyway
>>
>>144358194

He was literally me.
>>
File: 1381718054142.png (1 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1381718054142.png
1 MB, 1280x1440
>>144358194
He could be seen as admirable if he didn't wantonly kill random people in cruel, sadistic ways because of blatant psychopathy.
>>
>>144358194
because he has white hair

that's literally it.

if you got white hair you're the bad guy
>>
>>144358530
>blatant psychopathy
There is nothing wrong with psychopaths.
>>
>>144358194
Edgy.
>>
>>144358601
>There is nothing wrong with psychopaths.

There is when it manifests in arbitrary murder.
>>
>>144358530
If he was a psychopath, why did he wanted to help people?
Isn't it too selfish for psychopaths?
>>
>>144359264
It's actually been a good long while since I've seen it, so I'm having a hard time remembering all of the details. Basically, the show agrees that Sibyl is bad and needs to go away. Makishima's method, however, would be hugely destructive and cause a lot of deaths. Akane wants to do it from the inside, bringing about a more peaceful transition. Their methods reflect how they view human life around them; Akane clearly has a base level of empathy that Makishima lacks.

Makishima on some intellectual level might believe that what he's doing is ultimately beneficial to society, but you can't escape the fact that what regard he has for the average citizen is almost nonexistent. Killing others to sate his own desires; forcibly bringing about social and political change through a governmental collapse; there's nothing populist or just about it. At best, his idea of "helping" people is to cultivate a society that caters to the desires and values of people like himself. He sees value in struggle and conflict - which I agree are important - but doesn't see the intrinsic value of each and every individual's right to live. The only justice he seems to recognize is his own sense of justice, which is incompatible with even basic notions of social contract.

TL;DR his obvious lack of empathy calls into question his desire to "help" people.
>>
>>144358194
Shogo was the first really intelligent and deep character since a decade. Every other try resulted in pseudo-intellectuals and nonsense-talk.

Shogos dialogues always made sense and referred to literal classics fitting to the current story.
>>
Reminder that out-of-place citing of various books doesn't necessarily make the character deep and intellectual.
Shogo is edgy and shallow, just like this fujobait show itself.
>>
>>144363952
Reminder that you are not a deep and intellectual person and as such, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1411416974507.png (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1411416974507.png
360 KB, 1920x1080
>>144364335
>>
>>144358194
If you took the random murders he committed out of the equation, he wouldn't be a villain.
Butcher just added that part because he's edgy and also because elevens don't really grasp the concept of anti-establishment rebel being genuinely good.
>>
>>144362229
>pseudo-intellectuals and nonsense-talk.
Way to describe Shogo dipshit
>>
>>144364505

He's right and the only you can do is post a shitty image.
>>
>>144358530
>if he didn't wantonly kill random people in cruel, sadistic ways because of blatant psychopathy.
I see you've never made an omelette before.
>>
I fucking loved Makishima
>>
>>144358194
because urobutcher is a villain

he can't relate to good guys
>>
>>144358194
Oddly no
>>
Only commies like him
are you a commie
>>
>>144362229
>implying saiga was full of shit
>>
>>144367842
>>144364335
Samefag
>>
>>144368401
>implying unfertilized animal eggs have the same value as an adult, living human being

never go full retard, anon

>>144358194
Heroic? No, not at all. There is nothing heroic about random violence, even if it seeks to drive change.

Note that random violence is very different than targeted violence (assassination, etc).

Driven? Sure. But not heroic.
>>
i love how the show straight up says he has great charisma thus the sheep flock him
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.