[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were some of the bigger issues with the ending of Death Note?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Teru_Mikami.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Teru_Mikami.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
What were some of the bigger issues with the ending of Death Note?
>>
Near's final plan to capture Light was hinged entirely on Mikami arriving with the fake Death Note and writing down everyone's names, expect Light of course.

What would Near have done if Mikami never arrived? They just sat in the warehouse all day and then packed up left, and Near would try and force a meeting to occur later?

What would Near have done if Mikami never looked through that door?
>>
I don't know why Mikami even bothered to write all the names on the spot. There was no sense of urgency at all. He could've left the site and written the names later and Light's name would have been cleared in the interim.

Overall though I don't know why the hell Light ever even went to the final meeting in the first place. Just don't fucking go man.
>>
File: MATSUDA YOU IDIOT.gif (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
MATSUDA YOU IDIOT.gif
2 MB, 720x404
It felt like after L died, everyone became more stupid. Near won because Light and Mikami were idiots.

Why would Mikami go against Light's orders to act on his feelings, despite considering him a god? Where was Light's backup plan in case Near had somehow outplayed him? Why, given this, would he announce his victory?

So glad Matsuda killed that dumb fuck.
>>
File: 1467813612733.jpg (151 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1467813612733.jpg
151 KB, 700x467
>>144342306
Yes this is pretty much in line with how I feel about the ending, and a lot of the characterisation after L's death.

Light suddenly deciding that he doesn't need a back up plan is totally nonsensical to be honest. Obviously ego has always been an issue but his ego was usually tied so heavily with his success in strategy, so to suddenly abandon his complex thinking and at the same time remain confident makes no sense in my opinion.

The idea of having a fake Death Note is poor as well. I think at the start of the series L and Light would both think four-dimensionally about the possibility of one of the Death Notes being a fake (and therefore incapable of killing) and then decided to use a confirmed scrap of paper for the deaths of everyone at the final meeting.

There's no need to stay with either Death Note in the end, just get a page you can confirm works and then don't let it out of your sight until you've used it to kill N.
>>
They should have stuck to their original plan and make Mello win.
Actually, they shouldn't have introduced Near to begin with.
>>
>>144342656
What was the plan regarding Mello? I've never heard of that before?
>>
File: 1290382332505.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1290382332505.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
>>144341905
>>144342101
Its sorta implied that Near wrote Mikami's name in the real death note beforehand, and controlled everything he did at the warehouse. I think Matsuda brings it up at the end of the series, but one of the other detectives just brushes him off.
>>
Light is retarded in that the notebook should have NEVER been found.

Say they get evidence that light is the killer, without knowledge that the deathnote exists. There is still absolutely no way Light can get convicted. 'WE DON'T KNOW HOW HE'S DOING IT, BUT IT'S DEFINITELY HIM'

That's not how law works.
>>
That ending and a lot of that show was way too situational.

A whole lot of "but what if this happened instead" moments and plot devices that are just too perfect to exist.

It's why the anime is hated as a whole.
>>
>>144341863
he can't swim
>>
>>144342897
Yeah agreed. Light also had the chance to walk away from the task force in general by chose not to for no real reason.

But yeah Light could've avoided all these issues if he never allowed the Death Note to surface.
>>
>>144342902
For real though. All of L's/Near's/Mello's plans were so fucking situational.

>If this extemely unlikely criterion is met, he MUST be the killer
>>
>>144342498
But he did have a backup. He played multiple ones. Near was just more prepared in the end.

The Mikami error makes sense since he probably felt jealousy towards the other girl. Just because he was devoted, doesn't mean he was sane. He was autistic as fuck.
>>
>>144342897
I agree. Light's whole plan of 'I'll turn myself in, lose my memories, hope the new Kira acts how I want him too, and then I'll catch him and regain my memories', while interesting to watch, was the dumbest thing ever. L never would have figured out how he was killing people if he hadn't gotten ahold of the notebook. Hell, Light could have used the notebook in school, or in front of L, and just passed it off as 'Oh I'm just keeping a list of all the criminals that appear on tv, and checking to see if Kira kills them later'. No one would have questioned that, hes known to have helped his father before in his investigations.
>>
>>144341863
It has an happy ending. What a waste.
>>
>>144343100
Fucking this
He did it with Misora too
>>
>>144342811
Wiki says Ohba wanted Mello to defeat Light but ultimately decided to kill him off to preserve suspence as he had learned too much of the Note.
>>
>>144342306
>>144342498

I think that was intended. It makes him (and you ) make everyone seem more stupid, he concludes without a backup plan, and continuous with extreme surety; resulting in seen outcome
>>
>>144341905
But Light did even worse in this regard when L was still alive.
When Light wiped his own memory under the assumption everything works out fine for him.
>>
File: 1468482624512.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1468482624512.png
48 KB, 400x389
>>144341863
LE condescending pricks on an anonymous imageboard think they know better. You deranged weaboos don't know the first thing about anime production.
>>
File: 30971.jpg (44 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
30971.jpg
44 KB, 225x350
Daily reminder that the series went to shit when this retarded bitch showed up
>>
>>144345669
Why is she so perfect?
>>
Reminder that Light was in the advantage.
L didn't lose because Light is smarter or something.
>>
>>144345669
Actually no. She added a new flavor and a possibility of something going wrong. It also made Light device his best plan.
>>
>>144345669
agreed, after she appeared there was a big drop in quality then a few good moments until L died, after that the show died
>>
>>144345669
She gave a good insight into the female psyche desu senpai. That's exactly how bitches would act for some one that good looking and powerful, he would literally be their god.
>>
>>144344040
>When Light wiped his own memory under the assumption everything works out fine for him.

Don't be retarded. Him wiping out his memory and getting the DN back was guaranteed to work out one way or the other.
>>
Neither L or Light wins
>>
>>144345957
This
Having Rem on his side made it unfair
>>
>>144345957
There could have been a million ways this going wrong.
>>
>>144346256
Not with Rem
Seriously Rem can just kill Higuchi, follow Misa and/or Light, kill everyone and hand Misa the death note again
There was no way to fuck it up, Light is just a megalomaniac and had to do his insane memory gambit
Another question is, why wasn't Rem following Misa when she met Light at school/university
>Rem sees Light and L
>Rem notices the guy is literally called L
>"Light is this the man you are hunting?"
>Light nods
>"do you wish me to kill him?"
>Light nods again
>L dies
>>
>>144346448
Rem should have told him his name instead of doing it her self.
>>
>>144346256
The only thing that could have gone wrong is him for some retarded reason decides fuck it let me not wear my watch to work today. Which is something i don't know anyone who does that.

Light was always going to work with L and L was always going to want to see the death note himself as in be in the crime scene. Light was either gonna have an opportunity to touch the DN there or at the base and then can quickly use his little note to kill higuchi.

Rem would also make sure that higuchi never says anything too much or she would kill him as it would make things worse for Misa.

>>144346448
If L died there while investigating Light then it would fuck it up for him.
>>
>>144346564
Obviously
>>144346568
Not necessarily
There was a second Kira with even weirder unexplained powers that was obviously on Kira's side
Light can just say
>the second Kira must have hacked the security cameras from L's hotel, he only needs a face right?
Besides remember that bar scene where Light and Misa are sitting a couple of tables apart?
Why didn't Misa notice Light right there?
Why didn't Rem tell Misa that Ryuk was there with another human?
Couldn't Rem just follow Light for a day, see L and Watari and kill them or tell him their names?
Why are there so many plot-holes?
Why is some guy on /a/ able to come up with a better plan than a supposed genius like Light?
>>
>>144341905
>What would Near have done if Mikami never arrived?

That would've been worse for Light, since he confessed everything while believing Mikami was going to kill the investigators.

The biggest gripe I had was how, rather than Near actually outwitting Light, his victory was only because Mikami was a dumb fagget and exposed the Death Note by acting on his own. You can't really call that a satisfying way to win.
>>
>>144346448
>>144346568
How about his father actually shot him?
Or either he or L don't want Light to help and go back being a student.
Matsua fucks up
L decides to burry the Death Note before Light manages to touch it.
>>
>>144348140
His dad would have never shot him
L already explained why he wanted Light to help
Matsuda is a wild card yes but there's still Rem
How does L bury the death note like that? Besides Rem is still there, he can kill L and give Light the death note
You're underestimating Rem, Rem is Light's absolute trump card in any situation and letting Rem die was a huge fucking mistake
Light should have had Miss kill L, Watari and everyone else, gone back home snd completely off the radar, while keeping Rem as his ultimate trump card
>>
The moment Rem asked Light if he wants her to kill L, he should have let her stay at his hide all the time.
She see L name.
She tells it to Light.
Light kills all the investigating team.
No one knew they were still investigation Kira anyway.
Light wins.
>>
There weren't any, really. Given the subject matter it was a foregone conclusion.

Light Yagami was a tragic hero: his ultimate victory would have meant that he succeeded in saving the world and making it a better, globally peaceful place for everyone.

That is just too alien a notion to people. The post-apocalypse in the vein of Mad Max is far more acceptable, far more credible, far more realistic idea to mankind; than the thought that all the teoubles plaguing this world could EVER be fixed, that the world could EVER be saved (why do you think Superman never fixes the world in either the comics, cartoons or the movies?).

Now does that say something very, very sad and tragic about the human condition? Absolutely. But it is what it is, and what it is is reality. What it is is what we have. An so, Death Note's ending.
>>
>>144349986
>talking about realism and believability in an anime
>realism and believability in death note
What are you stupid?
>>
>>144341863
Nobody earns the defeat against light.
"Together we can surpass L"
More like by looking like dipshits twice we forced our opponents to make a mistake.
>>
>>144341863
The show lost a lot of tension after all death, kind of like LOGH, losing one of the most dangerous players in the story made it less engaging.
>>
Light could have know L's name from Rem. It was so stupide to let Rem die.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.